LibreELEC (Nexus) 11 Beta1

• Hi pepreal - I run a “DMI: Intel(R) Client Systems NUC12WSKi7/NUC12WSBi7, BIOS WSADL357.0085.2022.0718.1739 07/18/2022” with the “12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P” as my daily and don’t experience audio issues.

- you will need to run LE11 Generic (LE10 will not work) ** not Generic-legacy

Please share your logs.

• Generic-Legacy (LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-10.95.0.img.gz) is missing shared library (libGLESv2.so.2) for Shadertoy visualization.

Code
    2023-02-01 18:58:51.293 T:748     error <general>: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/visualization.shadertoy/visualization.shadertoy.so.20.3.0, reason: libGLESv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

See also post:

smf007
    December 17, 2022 at 12:29 AM
  • Hi pepreal - I run a “DMI: Intel(R) Client Systems NUC12WSKi7/NUC12WSBi7, BIOS WSADL357.0085.2022.0718.1739 07/18/2022” with the “12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P” as my daily and don’t experience audio issues.

- you will need to run LE11 Generic (LE10 will not work) ** not Generic-legacy

Please share your logs.

heitbaum Sorry for the late response. I have the generic version, Also tried the legacy but there is no differents. Youtube works with no audio problems. logs are here http://ix.io/4mP8

The logs are not with playing a movie if that is necessary i will try that tomorrow.

BTW i watch movies via the jellyfin plugin but not audio or video transcoded and if trying the same movie directly give me the same problem. This happens on DTS-HD. Dont no if this also give problems on Dolby True HD. Haven't yet had the time to watch a movie with Dolby.

• I upgraded recently from 10 -> 11 (10.95.0) on an Asrock Beebox (N3000). Since then I cannot play video files with sound. Tried all the settings possible, no sound at all.

Later edit: I managed to fix it somehow but I am unsure what was the solution (I disabled bluetooth and several other stuff).

By the way where I can find some minimum hw requirements for v11?

Edited once, last by OctavianH (February 7, 2023 at 9:39 AM).

• Is anyone seeing problems with Bluetooth on a pi4? - 2GB inital release board version - overclocked to 1.8Ghz

I have 2 different pairs of earbuds that previously worked perfectly. One set was really cheap that I picked up at a Meijer after Xmas clearance a couple of years ago for $10. The other pair are Pixel A-series.

Since going to the beta, sometimes the sound will be distorted. Sometimes the audio will cut in and out. I have had failures to connect. When trying to connect I have had the LE UI restart.

And magically, after several reboots and connection attempts they will work perfectly again.

I have also deleted and paired them in the Bluetooth settings.

Any ideas/thoughts?

thanx

Edited 2 times, last by parkay6666 (February 11, 2023 at 1:32 PM).

• Did a fresh install of Nexus 11 on the RockPro64 (RK3399). Boots to LE splash screen, resizes the file system, announces a reboot and then hangs.

I can manually reboot but it is grabbing a 1920x1200 HDMI setting instead of the usual 1920x1080 and continues with the boot with sound but a black screen. Tried a number of times with different HDMI cables. Same result.

Looks like EDID is not being being recognised correctly on initial boot. No such issue with 10.04 stable.

I just reverted to 10.04 and all is well. I’m just reporting my findings in case it’s useful to anyone.

• On Feb 12 there is a new version released on http://ftp.vim.org/pub/mediaplayer/libreelec/ (10.95.1)

But I don't see it anounced at https://libreelec.tv/

Which changes does it have

I'm not aware that VIM are an official mirror so that's probably something self-built. Official releases are now published and being replicated to official mirrors so release should be in the next 24h.

Changes are here: https://github.com/LibreELEC/Libr….95.0...10.95.1

• Did a fresh install of Nexus 11 on the RockPro64 (RK3399). Boots to LE splash screen, resizes the file system, announces a reboot and then hangs.

I can manually reboot but it is grabbing a 1920x1200 HDMI setting instead of the usual 1920x1080 and continues with the boot with sound but a black screen. Tried a number of times with different HDMI cables. Same result.

Looks like EDID is not being being recognised correctly on initial boot. No such issue with 10.04 stable.

I just reverted to 10.04 and all is well. I’m just reporting my findings in case it’s useful to anyone.

I'm having a rockpro64 myself and actually can't reproduce this with my board.
    Could you pls add drm.debug=0xe in extlinux.conf and run pastkodi after a reboot?

• I'm having a rockpro64 myself and actually can't reproduce this with my board.
    Could you pls add drm.debug=0xe in extlinux.conf and run pastkodi after a reboot?

I reverted to 10.04 and have no spare SD cards available at the moment to try your suggestion. As soon as I get a new delivery of SD cards I’ll try it again. At least I know it is booting successfully on the RockPro64.

• It is interesting that 10.95.1 is downloadable from the official server with a small link edit for a couple days now but it hasn't been announced nor it is added to the official download page.

• It is interesting that 10.95.1 is downloadable from the official server with a small link edit for a couple days now but it hasn't been announced nor it is added to the official download page.

There's this thing called "real life" .. it gets in the way sometimes