Movies don't show up unless I rename them

• Hi

I am running LibreElec 8.0.2 with Kodi 17.3 on a Venz V10 with a collection of movies on a USB stick.

All of a sudden some of the movies are not showing up in the movie-list. (I am running the Estuary skin, with one fan-art at the time to the right, list of movies in text in the middle and text-info to the left.)

I noticed this with a set of Men in black. Where only MIB1 and MIB4 shows in set, and MIB2 and MIB3 does not. I tried to remove and add them to the movie set, but it does not help.

Funny thing is, when I am in the top view where all movies and sets are listed, and I position on the MIB set, all four movies are shown to the left, but when I go into the set, only MIB1 and MIB4 shows up. I have tried removing and adding them to the set, but it does not help.

If I go into the file manager and rename the mp4 file of MIB2, it will suddenly show up in the list. If I change the name back to the original, it will disappear again and not show up.

I have the same issue with Cars 1, 2 and 3. (Lightning McQueen). Where only 1 and 3 shows up.

If I deselect the option to show movie sets, so that all movies show in one list, the problem is the same. Those movies do not show up. If I rename them to new names. They show up. If I rename them back to the original, they disappear again.

Please advice how to resolve this. I'd prefer not to rename all the involved filenames.

I know I might not be running the very latest version, but at this point in time it isn't the right moment to start a process of a total system update.

Thanks!

• Kodi and its scrapers are designed to work with relatively standardised naming formats and the single best way to avoid naming issues is to use the right formats when you rip original media. You can start by sharing Kodi debug logs showing a library update/scrape so we can see what might be happening.

• It sounds to me like you've accidentally set your view options to watched or unwatched videos.

When you're scrolling through your movie list, you can arrow left to show the view options slide-out menu. Right above the "Action" heading, it normally shows "All Videos xx" (xx==the number of titles in your library). Changing that to "Unwatched" will display only titles you haven't watched. "Watched" displays titles you have watched. Change it back to "All Videos" to solve your problem.

If you enable Kiosk mode, it will disable that slide-out menu. Looking around the Estuary settings, I'm not able to find Kiosk Mode. I normally use the Aeon Nox:Silvo skin where Kiosk mode is under Skin Settings - Advanced.

I'll show a screen clip from Estuary. Other skins will display this differently.

Here is Kiosk Mode under skin: Aeon Nox:Silvo

• Thank you for your responses!

ITdude you were spot on. That was the issue. Thanks!

I installed the Aeon Nox skin and turned on Kiosk mode, to give it a try.

One question though - How can I set it up so that Movies is the Startup window? Or, why can't I do that, when I can set just about everything else as a startup window? This puzzles me. It was the same with the previous skin too.

This system is used by the kids in our car, and only for watching movies. So would be really good if it jumped right into the list of movies at startup. Makes it easy for the kids and minimizes risk of them ending up in settings changing things etc.

Edited once, last by ThomasX (January 8, 2023 at 9:58 PM).

• One question though - How can I set it up so that Movies is the Startup window? Or, why can't I do that, when I can set just about everything else as a startup window? This puzzles me. It was the same with the previous skin too.

Go to Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> Configure skin... -> Main menu items.

Only activate "Movies" category.

This works with the default skin, but maybe not with yours.

• Yes. Aeon Nox allows you to disable everything other than Movies. You'd want to add the System menu to the submenu of Movies just so you can still get to it. Do that before you disable the System menu on the home screen. Otherwise, you'll cut yourself off from the System menu.

I'm guessing that you were hoping to have the Pi boot up and show the movie list, eh? without the first step of clicking enter on "Movies"? I can't think of a way to do that. I guess Mr. Silvo who authored "Aeon Nox:Silvo" didn't think of that. Maybe there's a config file you can edit to get that done. That's above my paygrade.