Posts by ITdude

I occasionaly run across a similar situation where VLC can play a file but Kodi can't. The VLC folks have gone to great effort to make their product play absolutely anything. Maybe Kodi's player isn't quite as robust? Anyway, my solution is always to use Handbrake to re-encode the original file to an MP4 file. Kodi is always able to play anything that Handbrake produces. Handbrake is a free download.

Without more info, we can't tell for sure why VLC can play it but Kodi can't. It would be interesting to run the Mediainfo tool on one of the files and compare it to one that Kodi can play. You said this is an Australian TV show which made me wonder if the source was PAL instead of NTSC. It all depends on how the recording was captured.

Yes. Aeon Nox allows you to disable everything other than Movies. You'd want to add the System menu to the submenu of Movies just so you can still get to it. Do that before you disable the System menu on the home screen. Otherwise, you'll cut yourself off from the System menu.

I'm guessing that you were hoping to have the Pi boot up and show the movie list, eh? without the first step of clicking enter on "Movies"? I can't think of a way to do that. I guess Mr. Silvo who authored "Aeon Nox:Silvo" didn't think of that. Maybe there's a config file you can edit to get that done. That's above my paygrade.

It sounds to me like you've accidentally set your view options to watched or unwatched videos.

When you're scrolling through your movie list, you can arrow left to show the view options slide-out menu. Right above the "Action" heading, it normally shows "All Videos xx" (xx==the number of titles in your library). Changing that to "Unwatched" will display only titles you haven't watched. "Watched" displays titles you have watched. Change it back to "All Videos" to solve your problem.

If you enable Kiosk mode, it will disable that slide-out menu. Looking around the Estuary settings, I'm not able to find Kiosk Mode. I normally use the Aeon Nox:Silvo skin where Kiosk mode is under Skin Settings - Advanced.

I'll show a screen clip from Estuary. Other skins will display this differently.

Here is Kiosk Mode under skin: Aeon Nox:Silvo