Could I get some help logging in to Youtube addon please?

• I see there are buffering issues, but I can't get that far.
    I have never done this before.

I went to the website that the addon tells me to and watch the video.
    But at 0.57, the video alters from what i can see on my screen.
    They click on 'API key'.
    I don't have that.

Thanks.

• Google limits the number of searches per API key so the default key in the add-on is exhausted quickly. The workaround for this is creating your own 'app' as a Google developer and then configuring/using your own API key (with your own limits). This is probably what the YouTube video is instructing you on.

The buffering issues are something separate: Google has started throttling unofficial clients. Workarounds for this are still being figured out.

• Thanks.
    Yes, I shall search the buffering again at a later date.

The add on on librelec tells me to go to a link and follow the instructions.
    Takes me then to this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At 57 seconds it tells me to click on a link 'API key'.

I don't have that link.

At that point, I don't know what to do.
    I wondered if there might be a new set of instructions or something.

Cheers.

• There may be new instructions for generating your own API Keys. Post your questions on Kodi's addon forum here: Kodi's YouTube Addon Support Thread

• There may be new instructions for generating your own API Keys. Post your questions on Kodi's addon forum here: Kodi's YouTube Addon Support Thread

Thank you

Just to finish off my little bit trying to log on.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Time to work out how to do the alpha thing. :)

Edited once, last by Grarea: Merged a post created by Grarea into this post. (October 20, 2021 at 6:35 PM).

• Could I please get some more help?
    So, I see the buffering issue now that I can log in :)

I see the discusion by people doing clever things:
    Playback issues with YouTube Addon

Then they send to github:
    https://github.com/anxdpanic/plug…s/tag/6.x.x-dev

and say "Install addon from zip file in kodi."

would somebody mind telling me how to do that kind of step by step?
    I am thinking I am accessing my libreelec pi from my pc via ssh (I can do that).
    Is that right?

Also, am I downloading alpha6 or alpha6+matrix please?

• If you're running Libreelec 10, then download alpha6+matrix

The zip file you downloaded should be placed in a Libreelec shared folder. In Kodi, navigate to Addons and select "install from zip". Navigate to the zip file you downloaded and install it. You may have to sign in twice, generating new codes.

• If you're running Libreelec 10, then download alpha6+matrix

The zip file you downloaded should be placed in a Libreelec shared folder. In Kodi, navigate to Addons and select "install from zip". Navigate to the zip file you downloaded and install it. You may have to sign in twice, generating new codes.

Thank you so much for your help.
    I am all up and running.
    playing lag free YT. ^^

(I am still on Librelec 9 so downloaded without matrix)

Do you happen to know how it works when it is working properly?
    As in, should I be able to see my subscribed channels etc etc?
    Or is that not a thing on the kodi version?

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

• "My Subscriptions" should work similar to the browser version in Windows. "Watch Later" requires a special set-up which is available if you search the Kodi / YouTube Forum or ask there. I think "Search" works normally but I don't use it.

For 1080p and higher you'll need to install the latest version of InputStream Adaptive from the Libreelec Repository. Go to Addons > Install from repository > Libreelec repository > VideoPlayer InputStream and install it from there.

• Smashing, thanks again.
    In settings the 'my subscriptions' button is switched on, but it doesn't show in the main menu.
    I am assuming I haven't signed in properly as all the other ones show.
    I shall look into it.

• Thank you for your help.
    I am all set up now.

I didn't know I had to publish it.
    I was still in 'trai ning'.

In case anyone else searches and finds this:
    After the video,

On cloud platform page, go to APIs and Services>Oauth consent screen

Under 'Publishing status' it stated 't raining'. Click on it and it goes to 'In production'.

Then, go back to YT add on and click sign in. Put the codes in the site, repeat by putting the next code into the site again.

It then auto signs in for you on your device and 'my subscriptions' appears.

• A bit of a bump for this problem.

I don't use YT much on the Libreelec box but just occasionally I'd like to. It's always worked just fine but after the last update (on 9.2.6 now) it asks to sign-in. I followed the instructions on the link provided and it takes me to this page -

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plug…rsonal-API-Keys

I'm signed-in on that page but it refuses to let me create a project or whatever it is I'm supposed to do. See the attachment.
    After reading this thread I thought I'd try to update to V10 but I can't long-in with SSH as it doesn't recognise any password I've tried. (kodi, libreelec, password, guest, admin) I would not have changed the password so I don't know how to go any further with that either.

Any suggestions please? If it's going to be a s**tfight I'll just delete the YT app from the box and be done with it.

• i just wish someone could port newpipe to kodi.. its a opensource android client with no google api whatsoever.. it whould be perfect for basic kodi usage.. you can import your subscriptions from google takeout.. and if you need more advanced features.. just use the current api supported addon

• i just wish someone could port newpipe to kodi.. its a opensource android client with no google api whatsoever.. it whould be perfect for basic kodi usage.. you can import your subscriptions from google takeout.. and if you need more advanced features.. just use the current api supported addon

How about just putting it back the way it used to be, where you didn't have to sign-in to watch YT. That worked just fine on earlier version of LE.

• I don't think it is LE.
    I think it is changes that YT put in.

You may well be right - But I use two browsers simultaneously most of the time, one of them doesn't have me logged into YT and the videos play the same as the other browser where I am logged-in. How is that different to LE not being logged-in and requesting to play a video?