Help with Mecool k1 Plus

• Official Post

Those files are in the u-boot build folder (when you compile u-boot from sources).

• How to get these files?

u-boot.bin.usb.bl2

u-boot.bin.usb.tpl

u-boot.bin.usb.bl2 = DDR.USB

u-boot.bin.usb.tpl = UBOOT.USB

Unpack the aml_upgrade_package.img that I sent you and search for these files in the output directory

• ~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/UBOOT.USB' 0x200c000

ERR: write data to device failed

I don't know what to do with it. The same error all the time.

• ERR: write data to device failed

What happens when you run the “update identify” command? You then have to initialize the RAM memory before you can write TPL to it.

What happens when you run the “update run d9000000” command to initialize the RAM memory?

• ~$ '/home/jaroslaw/Pobrane/utils-master/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' identify

AmlUsbIdentifyHost

This firmware version is 2-4-0-0

~$ '/home/jaroslaw/Pobrane/utils-master/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' run 0xd9000000

[update]Run at Addr d9000000

AmlUsbRunBinCode:ram_addr=d9000000

~$ '/home/jaroslaw/Pobrane/utils-master/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/UBOOT.USB' 0x200c000

Edited once, last by hudyj ().

• 1. run ddr init:

update cwr DDR.USB 0xd9000000

update write ..yourpath../gxl/usbbl2runpara_ddrinit.bin 0xd900c000

update run 0xd9000000

2. run uboot (usb tpl)

update write DDR.USB 0xd9000000

update write UBOOT.USB 0x200c000

update write ..yourpath../gxl/usbbl2runpara_runfipimg.bin 0xd900c000

update run 0xd9000000

• [email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' cwr '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/DDR.USB' 0xd9000000

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Transfer Complete! total size is 49152 Bytes

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/usbbl2runpara_ddrinit.bin' 0xd900c000

Transfer Complete! total size is 32 Bytes

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' run 0xd9000000

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/DDR.USB' 0xd9000000

• [email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' run 0xd9000000

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/DDR.USB' 0xd9000000

Here you have already initialized RAM. In this step, instead of DDR.USB, load the TPL UBOOT.USB to the address described above

Code
    media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update write media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/UBOOT.USB 0x200c000

then

Code
    update write ..yourpath../gxl/usbbl2runpara_runfipimg.bin 0xd900c000
    update run 0xd9000000
  • [email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' cwr '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/DDR.USB' 0xd9000000

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Transfer Complete! total size is 49152 Bytes

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/usbbl2runpara_ddrinit.bin' 0xd900c000

Transfer Complete! total size is 32 Bytes

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' run 0xd9000000

[email protected]:~$ '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/update' write '/media/jaroslaw/30BAD20DBAD1CF88/utils/aml-flash-tool/tools/linux-x86/UBOOT.USB' 0x200c000

• hudyj

My guess is that you have a clone device and it is a gxbb (s905) platform, that would explain the PLL error. I'll send you gxbb blobs, well worth a try…

• hudyj

My guess is that you have a clone device and it is a gxbb (s905) platform, that would explain the PLL error. I'll send you gxbb blobs, well worth a try…

I don’t want to have a say, but you could try it with the image I made in the same way. (Extract the content with the customization tool.)

I only dare to suggest this because the same model of device has already been revived with it.

• I only dare to suggest this because the same model of device has already been revived with it.

I had extracted the necessary files from this image and tried to upload as well

Edited once, last by hudyj ().