unknown s905d dvb-t box

• Hi,

I have such a box on my table. Do you know what it is and how to flash it with libreelec?

There are these chips:

wifi realtek: rtl8189es
    2x ram (size not known): 51a47 d9vct mka711000a rt50f
    emmc (size not known): ems1ascbt1fc008 ->8GB?

And it is recognised as:

USB\VID_1B8E&PID_C003
    WorldCup Device

For an advice I will be welcome. Thanks

standal

• That output on the UART console means there is no bootloader on eMMC, which is a good thing as you can safely experiment with different GXL "board" images (see https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic) on an SD card to see if anything boots. The (limited) GXL images we have are for VIM(1), Lafrite, LePotato. You can probably try the VIM2 GXM image too as GXM is a GXL derivative. If anything boots, let us know.

• Hi, I already found couple ROMs which boots. But DVB-T does not work in none of them. Would it be better with libreelec or coreelec?

And this box does not have SD card slot, only 2 USB. Roms which I found were flashed with Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0. Hope it is possible to boot libreelec from usb and look if dvb is working there.

• Current LE images should boot from USB in addition to SD cards, but current LE images run kernels that don't have drivers for the i2c tuners found in Android boxes of that era (USB ones might work, but not i2c). Older LE images only support specific boxes (not yours) and CE hasn't supported GXL boards for some time either. In short.. /shrug

• OK so no dvb. But I stil did not get to run libreelec. Only what is running is coreelec and only legacy version. Have you any idea where can be the problem? Somewhere I read that older u-boot could be the issue. Because the working android rom is only 6.1. I could not find any other compatible ROM with higher version of android.

• If you can run CE from USB then you can run LE, but you will need to trigger the recovery boot process (same as installing CE for the first time) else the box is configured to look for CE boot files which are different to LE files. You'll need to repeat that each time you flip between the two OS.