LE 9.2 and LE10 fix for widevine

• Source: LE 9.2 and LE10 fix for widevine – LibreELEC

• Hello my dear ones ...... Today I made it to update my RPI 3 to 9.2.7. Got the stupid feeling that something went wrong with the versions. I even put on a fresh SD card because I thought it would be useful. I was able to install a few add-ons, and the Widvine was also updated to the latest version. After a while I lose the internet connection, regardless of whether it is cable or wifi .... Joyn and TVnow give me an error message. I can't even get into the Libreelec Configuration. And if I manage to do it after umpteen reboots and go for updates, the options that I have in the RPI 4 settings are offered to update the firmware of the Raspberry ... In other words, the EEPRoom and the USB bootloader function. I strongly suspect that the 9.2.7 for 18.9 (RPI 3) is still faulty, because the firmware update function actually has no place in the RPI 3. With the RPI 4 variant everything went so far yesterday evening. I'm not getting any further with the facility at the moment.

• After this FIX i have always reboots if i want watching a movie/TV in Netflix , Waipu, Joyn etc on my T95Mini ... Nothing go more :(

before all run fine and without any problems!

in attachments the logs andf the kodi.log as zip because to big!

Files

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC - LE10 Nightly dualboot with Android TV x86 Pie

Shuttle XS35GS V3 - Intel Atom D2550 - 4GB Ram - AMD Radeon HD7410M GPU - LE10 Nightly

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC

Edited 3 times, last by Semiotik ().

• Hi,

i forget the Kodi Crash Log (because online 10 files)

Here ist the Crash Log (maybe important)

Files

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC - LE10 Nightly dualboot with Android TV x86 Pie

Shuttle XS35GS V3 - Intel Atom D2550 - 4GB Ram - AMD Radeon HD7410M GPU - LE10 Nightly

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC

• I still have problems to install Netflix. Either I can't install the Addon with the version 9.27 cause all the "old" stuff isn't avaiable or I become trouble with Widevine cause the clips still don't wanna play. Just to be sure: I only have to make a "kodi.conf" with this line, reboot it and reinstall widevine?

Code
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so

I did both way, first restart then reinstall and reinstall then restart, no changes. Just for visualisation: :)

• Hello my dear ones ...... Today I made it to update my RPI 3 to 9.2.7. Got the stupid feeling that something went wrong with the versions. I even put on a fresh SD card because I thought it would be useful. I was able to install a few add-ons, and the Widvine was also updated to the latest version. After a while I lose the internet connection, regardless of whether it is cable or wifi .... Joyn and TVnow give me an error message. I can't even get into the Libreelec Configuration. And if I manage to do it after umpteen reboots and go for updates, the options that I have in the RPI 4 settings are offered to update the firmware of the Raspberry ... In other words, the EEPRoom and the USB bootloader function. I strongly suspect that the 9.2.7 for 18.9 (RPI 3) is still faulty, because the firmware update function actually has no place in the RPI 3. With the RPI 4 variant everything went so far yesterday evening. I'm not getting any further with the facility at the moment.

I am having the exact same issues on the Rpi4. Network connectivity issues and the LibreELEC Settings addon is unresponsive half of the time.

• Is the fix already in the current devel from 09.06. or integrated into the nightly of June 10th`?

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC

• devel from 10.06 has the fix included

short feedback ....

i try with a clean install but haven't got it to work yet!

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC

• Semiotik Take a look at this PR 5431, it's another fix required. ARM devices running 64-bit kernels did not receive the patches (which is I think everything except Raspberry Pi), since the build system expects them in a different place.

• CvH

Wouldn't it be better to outsource the thread from the news area and open a corresponding thread in the development area? I think they still have several problems with it (except x86) For me it only affects the second device for the bedroom

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC

• Semiotik Read this: Click!

Hi Da Flex

if i reinstal widewine (old one) and used the old one then is all fine! (in moment) on the T95Mini

I preprare me now a sd card with the devel version and i look/try how i can compiled me a version with the fix from 5431  :rolleyes: I hope I can do it :S

T95Mini 2GB + 16GB eMMC