HBOGO and Netflix stopped working. Libreelec 9.2.6 and 9.95.2

• Go to Best Answer
  • These log lines

Code
    2021-05-09 20:43:31.572 T:2563040112  NOTICE: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Widevine update check was made on 2021-05-08 01:00
    2021-05-09 20:43:32.314 T:2528109424   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)

look like inputstreamhelper installed a new widevine library yesterday and now it's broken.

You could try reinstalling it in the inputstreamhelper addon or force an update.

Updating widevine is a bit like russian roulette... I had quite a lot of similar "fun" back then when I used netflix on RPi...

so long,

Hias

• I did a fresh install of LE 9.2.6 but it comes with InputStream Helper 0.52 which doesn't work. There is not an option to downgrade, even when I check Configure from dd-ons -> program add-ons.

I manually downloaded the temporary 0.53 fix but I'm at a loss on where to place it. It's zipped but either zipped of not I'm struggling to get Kodi to see it. /shrug

I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Thanks,

A.

• Thanks! I've followed the links to here which gives me an option to download the library itself libwidevinecdm.so

I'll do this later and let you know.

Instructions for restoring the older version are here.