Posts by cappsie

There are two YouTube apps in the Kodi repo; YouTube and Tubed - nothing specific for KidsTube. Any further discussion on them is best done in their respective add-on support threads in the Kodi forums.

Hi,

As "kids tube" only returns the posts (excluding this follow-up) I'm not sure such an add-on repository/repo has been built yet.

Can you suggest the link to that add-on, please?

Thanks,

Adam.

#dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18 - That is for IR remote receiver what can be connected to the GPIO port!!!

Read again what I wrote before...

Disable the onboard wifi... by adding to the config.txt the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line

Apologies, I had misread what you wrote.

I updated the config.txt file and can confirm the onboard Wi-Fi card is disabled. I retired it and while Kodi did warn it couldn't find the file in the library, it resolved within a few seconds so I'm happy this is resolved.

Thank you for your help.

A.

Hi,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4. I added in an additional Linksys USB Wi-Fi dongle. For some reason, each time the Po boots, both the onboard network card and the Linksys dongle pick up a DHCP-assigned IP address. This is expected

I wouldn’t imagine this would

an issue; however, it seems the double IP address does causes routing issues with Kodi accessing the NAS file store.

When I disconnect one of Wi-Fi cards through the Add-Ons menu, it restores the routing and the Pi can again access the files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there any way I can disable just one network card?

When I left one disabled it failed to pick up and IP so I guess there’s some weird conflict. But here’s the thing. In another room, I have the same setup, same Pi4, same Linksys Wi-Fi dongle and it isn’t an issue.

What do you need from me to assist?

Thanks!

/shrug

Adam

Correction. The one that doesn’t work is LibreElec (Official) v11.0.1 (RPi4.arm). I should also mention it displays all the local wifi networks.

The one that does work is LibreElec (Official) v10.0.4 (RPi4.arm). This one does not display the local wifi networks - only the one it is connected to.

When my last SD card died, I installed the latest LibreELEC build "Latest Stable Version (2022.03)" with "Kodi 19.4". However, I wasn't able to get access to my NAS using SMB 2 - it just refused to connect.

So, I downgraded to the older stable version "Old Version (2020.11)" and "Kodi 18.9". Thie restored access to the NAS but Netflix won't work and errors with the above/original error.

You said:

There's no alternative ,you will have to wait until the developer will fix it.

But the develop has stopped supporting (and back porting) Kodi 18, saying we must upgrade to 19. This means that while Netflix will work, my network shares will not.

Thoughts?

So, I gave up on that TV and bought a replacement which works nicely.

The only complaint I have is that the resolution isn't ideal and the Kodi menu is slightly wider than the screen. Different Kodi resolutions aren't the answer. In-movie, I can tweak the zoom and other settings, but if anyone has any ideas on this, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A.

I managed to get the Pi4 to boot.

TV

Results in order:

Rainbow screen

TV displays 720p@60Hz

Then LibreElec splash screen

Then [No signal]

in config.txt:

set to hdmi_group=1

tried various hdmi modes (hdmi_mode=39) but to no avail. (39 is 1080i@50Hz 16:9) (sourced from here: https://peppe8o.com/fix-hdmi-monit…-raspberry-pi/:

TV: Technika 32G22B-FHD 32-inch Full HD

The TV specifications are:

Full HD, HDMI, 1920x1080

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A.

I have no sound from my Pi 4 - I've tried the HDMI port next to the power but nothing. There's no sound from the 3.5" jack either.

Any pointers?

I have sound in the jack, however, I have not in the Hdmi, none of them, for libreelec

however, I have sound in the hdmi closest to the jack in raspian.

any ideas?

Code
    Pi4:~ # speaker-test -t sine -c 2 -r 44100 -F S24_3LE -b 200000 -p 50000 -D iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0

speaker-test 1.1.9

Playback device is iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0
    Stream parameters are 44100Hz, S24_3LE, 2 channels
    Sine wave rate is 440.0000Hz
    ALSA lib /home/jails/home/jenkins/LE/build2/workspace/RPi4/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6/alsa-lib-1.1.9/src/conf.c:5014:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters CARD=Audio,DEV=0
    ALSA lib /home/jails/home/jenkins/LE/build2/workspace/RPi4/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2.6/alsa-lib-1.1.9/src/pcm/pcm.c:2564:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958:CARD=Audio,DEV=0
    Playback open error: -22,Invalid argument

I also thought I'd look for a sound card. This might be incorrect, but ...

Code
    Pi4:~ # dmesg |grep sound
    [    0.706223]   No soundcards found.

dmesg, lsmod, lsusb:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thoughts?

/shrug

Thanks,

A.