Multiple network cards - remove from library error

• Hi,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4. I added in an additional Linksys USB Wi-Fi dongle. For some reason, each time the Po boots, both the onboard network card and the Linksys dongle pick up a DHCP-assigned IP address. This is expected

I wouldn’t imagine this would

an issue; however, it seems the double IP address does causes routing issues with Kodi accessing the NAS file store.

When I disconnect one of Wi-Fi cards through the Add-Ons menu, it restores the routing and the Pi can again access the files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there any way I can disable just one network card?

When I left one disabled it failed to pick up and IP so I guess there’s some weird conflict. But here’s the thing. In another room, I have the same setup, same Pi4, same Linksys Wi-Fi dongle and it isn’t an issue.

What do you need from me to assist?

Thanks!

/shrug

Adam

Correction. The one that doesn’t work is LibreElec (Official) v11.0.1 (RPi4.arm). I should also mention it displays all the local wifi networks.

The one that does work is LibreElec (Official) v10.0.4 (RPi4.arm). This one does not display the local wifi networks - only the one it is connected to.

Edited once, last by cappsie: Merged a post created by cappsie into this post. (October 8, 2023 at 9:45 PM).

• Hi,

I had something similar with my RPi3B. Bored to the weak onboard wifi and tried to use a better wifi dongle (with external antenna).

I disabled the onboard wifi by adding to the config.txt the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line.

• Hi,

I had something similar with my RPi3B. Bored to the weak onboard wifi and tried to use a better wifi dongle (with external antenna).

I disabled the onboard wifi by adding to the config.txt the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line.

Looks like it was already commented out :(

Code
    # uncomment to enable infrared remote receiver connected to GPIO 18
    #dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18 
  • Looks like it was already commented out :(

Code
    # uncomment to enable infrared remote receiver connected to GPIO 18
    #dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18 

#dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18 - That is for IR remote receiver what can be connected to the GPIO port!!!

Read again what I wrote before...

Disable the onboard wifi... by adding to the config.txt the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line

• #dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18 - That is for IR remote receiver what can be connected to the GPIO port!!!

Read again what I wrote before...

Disable the onboard wifi... by adding to the config.txt the "dtoverlay=disable-wifi" line

Apologies, I had misread what you wrote.

I updated the config.txt file and can confirm the onboard Wi-Fi card is disabled. I retired it and while Kodi did warn it couldn't find the file in the library, it resolved within a few seconds so I'm happy this is resolved.

Thank you for your help.

A.