LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• What iam doing wrong? I burn the img with BalenaEtcher and it wont boot. If i try other roms like recalbox or libreelec, it starts.... please help

greets Anta

• Apologies if this has been gone over, I can't seem to edit the es_systems.cfg file. I'm sure I'm missing something, I've tried editing permissions on the file, to no avail. I simply want to add .rvz to the extensions for dolphin to avoid having to convert and copy the files over again. Although in the time I've wasted trying to edit, I probably could have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi, I'm trying to build the actual Libreelec-RR master branch for RPi4.

This fails during the build of qt5, with the following error message:

"Error parsing JSON at 1:1 : illegal value

Project ERROR: Invalid or Non-existing file" and then it specifies the path.

The failed command is : ${PKG_BUILD}/configure ${PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_TARGET}

• Hi, I'm trying to build the actual Libreelec-RR master branch for RPi4.

This fails during the build of qt5, with the following error message:

"Error parsing JSON at 1:1 : illegal value

Project ERROR: Invalid or Non-existing file" and then it specifies the path.

The failed command is : ${PKG_BUILD}/configure ${PKG_CONFIGURE_OPTS_TARGET}

I've compiled master-rr for RPi4 yesterday & uploaded a recent .tar - if it fails for you upload a complete build log of qt5 in pastebin or else.

• Hey, thank you for the updated build. I think my build environment is faulty, I'll try again with another system.

Sadly there might be a problem with the current master build. Kodi crashes everytime if a addon is switched, for example if I go from a Youtube video to Netfix, or Twitch. This happens with nearly every addon. As far as I can see this might be a known python regression, referenced here:

[BUG] Kodi crashing when switching from an add-on to another · Issue #6266 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Describe the bug Kodi is crashing when switching from an addo-on to another, in this case it's either Netflix plugin or Tubed. I only tested with these…
    github.com

and here:

Kodi force close when switching from an add-on to another · Issue #21045 · xbmc/xbmc
    Bug report Describe the bug Here is a clear and concise description of what the problem is: Kodi is force closing when you switch from an add-on to another.…
    github.com

So I would recommend not to update to master-rr till this is resolved.

Edited once, last by Cillit (March 17, 2022 at 9:46 PM).

• Thanks, I've been using this build on my NUC8i3 for a few weeks now without issues.

I couldn't find any hints about this, but is it possible to adjust the screen resolution for Brave, specifically?

On my TV in kodi/libreelec I need to adjust the overscan otherwise parts are cut off. Also the font is tiny, even when I set it to large or extra large in the settings.

For movies thats more a nuisance than a problem, but when the address bar is partly invisible it makes it kinda difficult to browse! ;)

• Thanks, I've been using this build on my NUC8i3 for a few weeks now without issues.

I couldn't find any hints about this, but is it possible to adjust the screen resolution for Brave, specifically?

On my TV in kodi/libreelec I need to adjust the overscan otherwise parts are cut off. Also the font is tiny, even when I set it to large or extra large in the settings.

For movies thats more a nuisance than a problem, but when the address bar is partly invisible it makes it kinda difficult to browse! ;)

Maybe this could work for you https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GTK#Configuration

• I saw 11.x was added in the generic downloads. Is LibreELEC-RR 11.x safe to upgrade to from 10.x? Any features that are added in that and features that might be buggy?

• I saw 11.x was added in the generic downloads. Is LibreELEC-RR 11.x safe to upgrade to from 10.x? Any features that are added in that and features that might be buggy?

Well it's basically like a nightly + LE-RR stuff. While Kodi itself is a dev version / almost alpha https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/milestone/137 all other packages are usually well tested release versions. The main advantage for me is that it comes with newer devel packages, more recent Linux kernel, mesa (=graphic), gcc(compiler) and so on which should boost the performance, adds driver support or features.

Also simply a lot of stuff under the hood changed... almost 2000 commits have been merged since LE10 & I've upstreamed packages like the Vulkan API to LE which ease things for downstream repos like mine because I can use upstream code & don't have to mess with upstream changes breaking my packages.

IMHO Kodi 20-dev is fairly stable & I use it as daily driver on all of my systems (Generic, Rockchip, Amlogic) but of course there are probably more quirks than a well aged K19.4 has. But K20 isn't/wasn't as disruptive as K19 was because of the Python3 changes it had.

And because of that I'm focused on master-rr (11.x) I've only limited time & so it makes more sense to work on the bleeding edge builds ^^

Build x86_64-11.0-RR-20220411-2adbf1a

• updated to latest - master branch
    • bumped gcc to 11.2
    • bumped mesa to 22.0.1
    • Vulkan 1.3.211
    • bumped kernel to 5.17.0
    • bumped moonlight-qt to 4.0.0
    • bumped libretro cores
    • bumped standalone emulators
    • bumped RPCS3 to 0.0.21+ (depends on GCC 11.2)
    • (...)

I did the Upgrade from regular LE10 to RR-11 today by restoring my backup (Generic version).

TVheadend works as well as Hyperion (without internal Grabber) and YouTube. I tested a SNES game and it worked great.

Currently RR-11 is running on an USB 3.0 stick. So giving it a try is easy hyertjt

Thank you so much SupervisedThinking !

Unfortunately my new NUC still did not ship (since last May :( ). Hope I get it anytime soon so I can switch to RR a 100%

<3

• Hi there,

I'm using a XBOX series controller connected via bluetooth. This mostly works well, but sometimes I get disconnected or there is a heavy input delay. Therefore I want to use an external bluetooth dongle. In order to do this onboard bluetooth is disabled with the line dtoverlay=disable-bt in config.txt. This seems to work, the dongle is recognized in bluetoothctl as a device, but if I try to connect the controller it gets stuck in a

connect/disconnect loop.

The xpadneo wiki lists a possible solution by editing /etc/bluetooth/main.conf.

However, this is not possible in libreelec, because it is read only.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this? Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi SupervisedThinking

hi Community

is it possible to download the cores separately for the PI4 somewhere?

my flycast crashed an i deleted it without backup.

thanks for help

greetz Black

EDIT: Okay clear....failed because ELFCLASS64 issue... RPI2 (32 bit) flycast_libretro.so is running

Edited once, last by Blackhazard (May 22, 2022 at 9:12 PM).

• I've noticed that on the Rpi4 builds of 11.x that HDR content no longer plays back. It appears to try to switch the TV to HDR, but it just sits there blank outputting nothing. Stopping playback switches back to non HDR and all is ok. 10.x seemed to be ok. Is this a known issue?

While attempting playback this is what I get from DMESG and kodi.log.

Code
    [  461.538716] rpivid feb10000.codec: rpivid_h265_start: (3840x1616)
    [  461.564121] rpivid feb10000.codec: SPS changed
    [  461.564144] rpivid feb10000.codec: PPS changed
    [  481.353551] rpivid feb10000.codec: rpivid_h265_stop

Edited once, last by domb84 (June 12, 2022 at 9:06 AM).