LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Hi,

Firstly Thank you for this Libreelec release.

I'm slowly but steadily getting the setup to work as i want.
    But i need some assistance with the below

Edit:

Solved:
    Rclone mount at startup/reboot

Solved with autostart.sh
    had to use location of rclone in the script

Code
    (
    sleep 20
    /storage/bin/rclone mount --daemon xxxxx:xxxxx/roms /storage/romsdrive
    )&

Autostart Emulationstation
    I added /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py to the "Autostart.sh"

Code
    (
    sleep 20
    /storage/bin/rclone mount --daemon xxxxx:xxxxx/roms /storage/romsdrive
    /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py
    )&

Edited once, last by Romfrosk: Solved the problems (December 7, 2021 at 11:34 AM).

• Hi Guys,
    for the last couple of days I tried to get sound working in retroarch on RPi 4 and i was successful. It seems you only need to add "default" for the audio device and restart retroarch. That works with alsa and alsathread although I need to say alsathread seems to be more stable.

When I installed le10 rr my retroarch.cfg listed audio_device = "0". That seems to be the issue.

solution: Replace "0" with "default" and restart retroarch.

• Hi SupervisedThinking

I just downloaded your image to start using it - so thanks for your hard work on this.

I have noticed that the ds4drv doesn't seem to be working on the x86_64

LibreELEC-x11.x86_64-11.0-RR-20211227-1f7ed72.tar

LibreELEC:~ # ds4drv --hidraw

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/ds4drv", line 33, in <module>

sys.exit(load_entry_point('ds4drv==0.5.1', 'console_scripts', 'ds4drv')())

File "/usr/bin/ds4drv", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point

return next(matches).load()

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/metadata.py", line 77, in load

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 843, in exec_module

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/__main__.py", line 7, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/backends/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ds4drv/backends/hidraw.py", line 9, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyudev/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyudev/_errors.py", line 33, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'six'

Is this a packing issue or is anyone using ds4drv?

Thanks

Edited once, last by xxxnelly (December 30, 2021 at 8:40 PM).

• A python compat module was missing, should be fixed in master-rr & upcoming builds

• Hello, I am trying to install it on Raspberry with waveshare 7.9" screen on it. I added this below to config.txt and it works fine with boot screen.

Code
    max_usb_current=1
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=87
    hdmi_timings=400 0 100 10 140 1280 10 20 20 2 0 0 0 60 0 43000000 3
    display_rotate=3

but in Libreelec Interface nothing fits.

can you help me with that please?

• Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way how I can use compiled xow in my current system, or do I have to make a whole new image? I know I can compile stand alone add-ons and use them, but I don't know if it's possible with Xow as it is a service. Thanks

• Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way how I can use compiled xow in my current system, or do I have to make a whole new image? I know I can compile stand alone add-ons and use them, but I don't know if it's possible with Xow as it is a service. Thanks

depending on your actual device you have to enable NON_FREE_PKG_SUPPORT at https://github.com/SupervisedThin…x11/options#L53 and rebuild the whole package. Due to Microsofts licensing it's not legally allowed to ship prebuild images with their binary.

This kernel module could be interesting too but wireless support is still wip https://github.com/medusalix/xone

• depending on your actual device you have to enable NON_FREE_PKG_SUPPORT at https://github.com/SupervisedThin…x11/options#L53 and rebuild the whole package. Due to Microsofts licensing it's not legally allowed to ship prebuild images with their binary.

This kernel module could be interesting too but wireless support is still wip https://github.com/medusalix/xone

I just made a new image with XOW. Works perfect. Thanks for your job

• I picked up a Nvidia 1030GT that I thought I would throw in my LE box as I’m enjoying your work on the emulation stuff.

I seem to be in a boot loop with the gfx card installed. Any clever souls have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I know Nvidia isn’t supported on vanilla LE but the wiki for LE RR does show that the drivers are in the build (unless I’m mistaken?)

• hi, i tried your image and it works fine with makemkv for Blue-Ray and UHD 4K Blu-Ray

i have only 2 Issues

1. Audio Pass Thorough with Thrue HD not work (this worked in older Images from 5Schatten or Escalade)

2. with the BD-UHD-4k Movies, there only show the english and japanese audiotracks, all other audio tracks are unknown,

i hope you or someone can help to fix this issues

the Audiolanguages from the Blue-Rays are showing correctly

only from 4k UHD-Blue-Rays is this issue

i compiled the newest makeMKV, too

this issue i had in previouse images, too

only in one image from "Escalade" 8.25 it worked

Update:
    I Added an norml Log and an detailed Log (Kodi.txt)

at the bottom from the kodi.txt you can see, that i changed more Times the Autiotracks,

i think that the Tracks not named , so i think i need the msgctxt "#Number" for the Tracks and than i can input it in the

.kodi/addons/resource.language.de_de/resources/strings.po

File

i don't know if it will fix the issue, and i don't know, how i can find out the msgctxt #Number for the Audiotracks

?!?!?

does anyone have an idea?

• I picked up a Nvidia 1030GT that I thought I would throw in my LE box as I’m enjoying your work on the emulation stuff.

I seem to be in a boot loop with the gfx card installed. Any clever souls have any suggestions as to why this is happening? I know Nvidia isn’t supported on vanilla LE but the wiki for LE RR does show that the drivers are in the build (unless I’m mistaken?)

Well I have no clue which version you're actually using so 10.0 or master & I have no clue where is stated that Nvidia isn't supported. Both LibreELEC branches, so 10.0 & master, SHOULD have working Nvidia configurations. So post details & logfiles. If your system reboots try to prevent this by running:

touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable

In a ssh terminal.

• I'm liking this OS mod so far. Only issue is I haven't been able to install docker addon and can't tell if it's the OS mod or why I haven't had success.

Is there any way to get Xbox emulation through Xemu into your RR?

• Well I have no clue which version you're actually using so 10.0 or master & I have no clue where is stated that Nvidia isn't supported. Both LibreELEC branches, so 10.0 & master, SHOULD have working Nvidia configurations. So post details & logfiles. If your system reboots try to prevent this by running:

touch /storage/.config/safemode.disable

In a ssh terminal.

Apologies I should have given you more information.

I read that Nvidia cards were not supported in LibreElec and then when my card wasn't recognised I made the assum- ption...and we know where that gets you - has gotten me in fact.

I was using the x86-64-ve (SSE4) LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-RR-20211104-75af1a0.img.

Should I have used the master version then? My CPU supports SSE4 hence me using that version. I haven't got any log files yet but will do in the next day or two.

Thanks for all your hard work with LibreElec RR too.

• Some updates on issues I had encountered:

There seems to have been a fix for the streaming issues in the moonlight side of things.

I build the current LibreELEC-RR master and with this, only cmdline.txt is edited in this way:

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M-32@60:mD

The moonlight user interface is still 4k, but the actual streaming works fine with the proper moonlight options selected. So CEC and HDMI audio are working with this.

I also could't use my USB audio card, the channels got mixed up while using moonlight. I had a look at the moonlight starting process which starts udev-detect and it selects the correct audio sink accordingly to the rr-config.tool settings. While starting the udev-detect module works, the audio sink didn't, it would always fall back to a stereo failsafe sink.

I could workaround this with creating a system.d service file with the following content:

While this works for me greatly, there might be a better way of doing this.

• depending on your actual device you have to enable NON_FREE_PKG_SUPPORT at https://github.com/SupervisedThin…x11/options#L53 and rebuild the whole package. Due to Microsofts licensing it's not legally allowed to ship prebuild images with their binary.

I looked at musalix's xone https://github.com/medusalix/xone - there is an experimental branch with the wireless support. But to be honest, I can't prepare the package.mk for that. Is there any chance you will take a look into it? Or anyone else is welcome

update: it seems like I figured out the package.mk. I just need to add a firmware and it's gonna be ready. I will post it here if you don't mind, maybe someone would be interested

GitHub - johnyor/xone-package: Xone package. mk for Libreelex
    Xone package. mk for Libreelex. Contribute to johnyor/xone-package development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

I hope I don't break some rules posting the package url like this. I'm not even sure if the package.mk is correctly written, but it somehow works. Feel free to check and if there is something wrong tell me please.

Edited 3 times, last by johnyor (February 3, 2022 at 8:48 AM).

• hi, thank you for this great image!

trying to get snes & n64 running but all my games have heavy stuttering, this is on rpi4 on a 4k screen.

what can I do to make this better? controller support & everything else is perfect! thank you!

• hi, thank you for this great image!

trying to get snes & n64 running but all my games have heavy stuttering, this is on rpi4 on a 4k screen.

what can I do to make this better? controller support & everything else is perfect! thank you!

Hi,

to get a smooth SNES experience I changed the emulator form snes9x to snes9x2010. I wasn't able to do this

from within Retroarch, so I just changed a line in es_systems.cfg from

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/snes9x_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

to

<command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/snes9x2010_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

However, while the performance with snes9x2010 is great, emulation crashes if I load savestates. Saving normally from within the game(s) seems to work reliably.

N64 emulation is a different story and heavily depends on the game. While Mario 64 runs at a playable framerate with low resolution (640*480), games like Goldeneye have much more problems. You can try some different core settings and experiment a bid or you vistit the retropie wiki and look up which settings have an effect on performance. Personally I haven't found settings yet, if its possible, that run the game close to or at original performance.