7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• rx5670 I will stand by my statement that firmware on your box does not work properly with standard Amlogic suspend/poweroff procedure implemented in kernel. If the vendor uses some non-standard way of suspending, I welcome them - or you - to submit patches that fix suspend in LibreELEC.

Like mmpp said: it's up to vendor's firmware to handle IR wakeup, CEC wakeup commands and LED colour when suspended. Every box's firmware that I have implements this properly and I have many "no-name" cheap boxes.

• Yesterday I tried your latest version (29-11) and had some problems - a/v sync was weird - in some videos I had to use 0.450 delay in other 0.100 etc. - but only
    when using passthrough - the same version when passthrough in not enabled works fine with default settings. Also another things - the menu itself seems a little bit
    sluggish all of a sudden - I tried reversing back to default 009 and it is fine again.
    I am using the same USB drive, so it's something else? Did anyone else have the same problems?
    Oh and btw, popping seems to be gone with the latest version - but the a/v sync seems to be getting worse.

Thank you for all of your hard work

I will try one more time to fix a/v sync issues before 7.0.3. Thank you for testing.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 1, 2016 at 3:47 PM).

• 7.1 AAC was supported by LibreELEC, therefore it doesn't matter whether it is S905 or S905X.

SPDIF was designed decades ago and only supports 5.1.

Don't know what your DTS decoder means, guess it's your AV Receiver. LibreELEC or Kodi won't convert 7.1 AAC to DTS for your AVR to decode. Not sure what audio format the box will output through the SPDIF but I had no problem in playback of 2160p 10bit HEVC HE-AAC 7.1 mkv right from the very beginning, at least for audio.

Yes I meant DTS decoder means my Logitech Z5500 speakers. I'm playing 2160p 10bit HEVC HE-AAC 7.1 mkv over LIBREELEC 009 version (and SPIF passthrough in Kodi) but there is no vocal voice (just effects). If I choose 2.0 audio AAC format in the same MKV file, it plays ok.

• You might have to set up your speaker konfiguration in KODI to 5.1 for every file you play because of SPDIF. Lots of AVR can't read AAC and the Z5500 doesn't eiter. You have to set up KODI to decode 7.1 Audiio by itselve and not pass it through to your sound system.

• I have the same/similar problem as Sine64.

For me DTS passthrough works fine, all channels work. For non-passthrough mode and spdif a Dolby transcoded signal is sent, but is always missing the center channel AND the LFE channel. Also in some modes not only is the center/lfe channel missing, but the side channels seem to be mixed together and sent to center. So I end up getting music and effects through the center channel with no dialog whatsoever.

I plan on testing this more thoroughly, but it's very time consuming with so many permutations in the settings on my system.

Meanwhile, analog out is still a no go on all builds so far. :(

Edited once, last by Jaaxx (December 1, 2016 at 11:19 PM).

• With latest devel I did a installtointernal and startet from scratch. Problems I noticed:
    After a reboot, I have to disable and enable Pvr again for to get a connection to my VDR server (vnsi).
    After adding my music library and being on the day long, I had doubled audio clicks in menu (like an echo). This was gone after a reboot.
    I'll try to reproduce and get logs

• A new build to test a/v sync, please: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161129232917-r23467-gdee7939.img.gz

I have also reverted some audio-related patches to get rid of that audio clicks/pops. I'm not able to test audio passthrough, please also test if it still works.

Hi, kszaq

This version also fixes channel switching for Live TV. In 7.0.2.009 after selecting a channel in the channels list window,
    there was a delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds, before a picture or sound appeared, and the picture was often frozen
    for a few seconds while audio was playing.

Could you make available on githab.com the source code for the changes you made in this version ? There seems to be
    no updates since Nov 7, 2016.

Thanks kszaq.

• Could you make available on githab.com the source code for the changes you made in this version ? There seems to be
    no updates since Nov 7, 2016.

It's still under development and I don't upload these versions' code because it would cause too much mess (for me). I will post a new version to test soon.

• Hi there

First off - Thanks! I have the nextbox A95X running the S905X chip. I was initially very disappointed with it until I discovered this wonderful build. Goodby android!
    Second - Its my first post here so please forgive me if I have not done due diligence, have searched this quite a bit though.

My problem: I have a Samsung 55' UHD tv but I cannot select 4k resolution. I only have 720 and 1080 as options. During boot the resolution is 4k, but as soon as the UI loads it drops to 1080. My setting to adjust resoloution depending on video file is enabled but no change happens when I play sample 4k video.

Im quite happy having the UI in 1080 when not playing, but got the box for 4k so would like to get this working.

PS. I have tired a number of ports and cables. I know 4k is a little more sensitive in that regard but am pretty sure its not a hardware issue because the box is in 4k according to my TV during boot logo.

Cheers
    Mark

• markrudling What is the result is you execute cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap over SSH?

480p60hz*
    720p60hz
    1080p60hz

EDIT: Ok so a bit more experimenting gives me the following results.
    Plug into HDMI3 and reboot box. 4k
    Plug into HDMI1 4k remains. Reboot box and resets back to 720, with 1080 as other option
    Plug into HDMI3 still no 4k option. Reboot box while still in HDMI3 and I get 4k again and refresh rate adjusts per video.

I will do some more research into my tv and if there are differences with the inputs. I know HDMI3 does not have seem to support HDR, perhaps there is something in the auto detect/initialization there? I know HDMI1 supports 4k, but after reboot it defaults, so it must be in the initialization.

Thanks for trying to help, will be very glad if we can resolve this.

Results when 4k enabled on HDMI3

480i60hz
    480p60hz
    576i50hz
    576p50hz
    720p60hz
    1080i60hz
    1080p60hz
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz
    1080p30hz
    1080p50hz
    1080p25hz
    1080p24hz
    2160p30hz
    2160p25hz
    2160p24hz
    smpte24hz
    smpte25hz
    smpte30hz
    smpte50hz
    smpte60hz
    smpte50hz420
    smpte60hz420
    2160p50hz
    2160p60hz
    2160p50hz420
    2160p60hz420

Edited once, last by markrudling (December 2, 2016 at 8:23 PM).

• markrudling This looks like an issue with EDID negotiation. While I cannot offer you a fix, I can give you a workaround:

• Connect your box to a port where you're getting that rich disp_cap list.
    • Enter these commands over SSH:
      Code
      echo mount -o bind /storage/.config/disp_cap /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh
      cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap >> /storage/.config/disp_cap

You should now have a simulated fake EDID. :D
    [hr]
    New development build to test:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161202213923-r23473-g8a53869.img.gz

Changes from previous dev build:

• AP6212 firmware reverted as issues were reported with updated one
    • a/v sync and demux buffering patch modified (once again)
    • maybe something else I don't remember now

I think this might become .010 build if no big issues are found. :)

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 2, 2016 at 9:09 PM).