Posts by postamt

Thank you kostaman.

Tests result: the reason behind freezing is outdated BL30 blob (a part of u-boot) that causes freezing during saradc initialization (S905 temperature sensor).

I guess I now have 3 ways to go:

• tell users to update their Android firmware - that would leave boxes with outdated/no-newer-version-available firmware frozen
    • disable temperature sensor in my builds
    • provide additional system image with temperature sensor disabled

Is it possible to replace the BL30 blob or u-boot without installing new Android firmware ?

Thanks kszaq

Where does one get the U-Boot for these devices and how to install it ? Are sources and compilation instructions available ?

Thanks

A new build to test a/v sync, please: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161129232917-r23467-gdee7939.img.gz

I have also reverted some audio-related patches to get rid of that audio clicks/pops. I'm not able to test audio passthrough, please also test if it still works.

Hi, kszaq

This version also fixes channel switching for Live TV. In 7.0.2.009 after selecting a channel in the channels list window,
    there was a delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds, before a picture or sound appeared, and the picture was often frozen
    for a few seconds while audio was playing.

Could you make available on githab.com the source code for the changes you made in this version ? There seems to be
    no updates since Nov 7, 2016.

Thanks kszaq.