7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm a total noob at this. But how do I update? I get that I'm supposed to put the files in the update folder, but where? I don't have an update folder on my USB drive. And if I create one and reboot, nothing happens. I must be missing something ☺️

• Personally I use coreftplite on my laptop, there you should see the update folder, or from windows pc, in windows explorer \\libreelec that should also show you the update folder

• honolulu1 Rufus should be able to format the card but you may need to use a card reader. Before spending your money maybe you could try using computer with built-in reader from some friend of yours? I remember that when some time ago I tried to use a phone as a card reader it refused access to extra SD card partitions.

• "Android powers on" from complete Shutdown? Or just from stand by (no bootlogo, animation etc.)?

Android works well with power on/off and suspension on "nexbox a95x s905 1/8".
    I use xbmc-launcher on android 5.1. It has different power options.
    Network connection is wifi.
    So:
    Full powering off and then powering on (with rcu) displays bootlogo.
    Suspend box --> the box cease to respond to ping and RCU (cursor position is not changed if I press navigation keys on remote).
    Waking up from this mode with remote works well, of course.
    How can I make sure that suspension on "nexbox a95x s905 1/8" is not real suspension?

• Are you asking a question about Android Firmware on your Nexbox A95x S905 or are you talking about LibreELEC issues ?
    There is no mention about LibreELEC in your details.

• My input - first of all, great work kszaq!

I have two Minix U1's and on one have 007 LE and on the other first 009 version. Both were running great so far - I had no problems.
    I did notice that from the 007 to 009 I had to configure 0.150 audio delay for all video when I use passthrough - I didn't have to do that in 007, I don't
    have to do that in when passthrough is not enabled in 009.
    Yesterday I tried your latest version (29-11) and had some problems - a/v sync was weird - in some videos I had to use 0.450 delay in other 0.100 etc. - but only
    when using passthrough - the same version when passthrough in not enabled works fine with default settings. Also another things - the menu itself seems a little bit
    sluggish all of a sudden - I tried reversing back to default 009 and it is fine again.
    I am using the same USB drive, so it's something else? Did anyone else have the same problems?
    Oh and btw, popping seems to be gone with the latest version - but the a/v sync seems to be getting worse.

Thank you for all of your hard work

• Are you asking a question about Android Firmware on your Nexbox A95x S905 or are you talking about LibreELEC issues ?
    There is no mention about LibreELEC in your details.

You and kszaq both told that the on/off issue in a95x s905 1/8 is the firmware bug.
    So, as I can see you both were wrong.

Some time ago kszaq told that android on my box does not use true suspension and shuts down hdmi only.
    So, again, as I can see it is not true.

So. As I understand "on/off issue on a95x s905 1/8" is totally libreelec bug. Not box's firmware.

Edited once, last by rx5670 (December 1, 2016 at 9:14 AM).

• So. As I understand "on/off issue on a95x s905 1/8" is totally libreelec bug. Not box's firmware.

There are about 20 DIFFERENT Chinese boxes or maybe more using kszaq builds and THE ONLY BOX with this power
    issue is the Nexbox A95X S905 1gb/8gb. So the fact U-Boot is not touched in these builds, it makes sense.
    So how do you come up with an opinion that this is an LE bug and kszaq is wrong.?
    My advice on the issue is totally based on kszaq's advice and i only made it so as to stop repetitive posts on this box.
    Read a bit about U-Boot Android and what it is and you will understand.

• So. As I understand "on/off issue on a95x s905 1/8" is totally libreelec bug. Not box's firmware.

I can understand your frustration, as my MXQ Pro 4k is also affected.

But the problem is like the others have explained it. From the release information:

Suspend doesn't work most of the times. Temporary solution: use poweroff.

So yes, there is an issue with the kernel used for libreelec on S905(X) with suspend. To my knowledge, this bug is present in all kernels (for linux or android) available from the SoC maker.

Power off, on the other hand, works with libreelec. The linux system shuts down properly and the hardware is also deactivated (at least partially, I actually tried it and measured a drop in power usage with a plug-in power meter). At this point, there is no more linux kernel running, and control of the box has returned to the original bootloader.

It is the job of this bootloader to wait for a power-on event (remote code, power button press, ...) and re-start the operating system. If your remote does not restart the power-down box, it is the boot loader's fault.

Case in point: On my wetek hub, this works just fine.

• THE ONLY BOX with this power
    issue is the Nexbox A95X S905 1gb/8gb.

Oops!..

I can understand your frustration, as my MXQ Pro 4k is also affected.

It is NOT "THE ONLY" already. Is it?
    [hr]

It is the job of this bootloader to wait for a power-on event (remote code, power button press, ...) and re-start the operating system.

Yes. And it performs well when the operating system IS android.
    I believe libreelec shuts down hardware incorrectly.

Edited once, last by rx5670 (December 1, 2016 at 11:40 AM).

• If you do not mind the remark: "I believe" belongs to the church. If you want to argue, please give empirical results from repeatable tests.

In my case: if I use remote key "power" on the MXQ using android, the picture will go black. But the android system is still running, as I can still access servers (e.g. ssh or web servers) over the network. If I use "power" again, picture is shown again.

On the other hand, if I force the android system to properly power off (either with console command or by using programs that initiate a shutdown), the box will go into exactly the same state as a poweroff in libreelec: red light, no reaction on any events, can only be switched on by pulling and reinserting the power plug.

And finally: All works as intended with the wetek hub (both libreelec AND android), which is basically the same hardware, but has a proper bootloader by the manufacturer.

• Power off, on the other hand, works with libreelec. The linux system shuts down properly and the hardware is also deactivated (at least partially, I actually tried it and measured a drop in power usage with a plug-in power meter). At this point, there is no more linux kernel running, and control of the box has returned to the original bootloader.

It is the job of this bootloader to wait for a power-on event (remote code, power button press, ...) and re-start the operating system. If your remote does not restart the power-down box, it is the boot loader's fault.

Very well explained :idea:

• If you do not mind the remark: "I believe" belongs to the church. If you want to argue, please give empirical results from repeatable tests.

Have you read my earlier message? :blush:
    [hr]

And of course red led shines when this box is in poweroff or "suspension" state.
    NOT blue one.

Edited once, last by rx5670 (December 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM).