7.0.2.009 build for S905/S905X

• Hi kszaq

I've noticed a very positive change with the latest build : when scrolling horizontally (from videos to movies to tv shows, etc.) with the Amber skin, I used to have a small lag (tested with 7.02.008 -> 11/24 build). With 11/26 build, it's much smoother :)

• I am hesitant to start my db from scratch just for the purposes of testing LE, especially when the problem could be with the box and not LE. Could anyone chime in on what steps they took to get a LE box working with an existing SQL db?

I had similar problems with a S905 box. Some user (azido) gave me a solution. Read this post LibreELEC. It worked for me.

• I had similar problems with a S905 box. Some user (azido) gave me a solution. Read this post LibreELEC. It worked for me.

That did the trick! Feel kind of boneheaded.. The helper info for the delayed start setting on the Network screen clearly talks about SQL, but I never thought to highlight it. Might still have had an issue with the timestamp, so thank you for the "complete" fix :D

• So Android powers on and off with remote but LibreElec doesn't on S905. So this is in fact a LibreElec bug?

"Android powers on" from complete Shutdown? Or just from stand by (no bootlogo, animation etc.)?
    I used the T95 Rom on my MXQ Pro (S905) and never realized, that it won't wake up from shut down, because i never shut it down completely. The prob persisted in LE, so i updated to LE from MXQ Stock Rom and remote worked fine!

• Hi!
    Player "Mini M8S TV Box 2GB 8GB Amlogic S905".
    I have tested your all firmware. Test only sound output SPDIF (optical) and USB, only "Stereo", only 44/16 and Hi-res 96/24.
    I have a lot of DAC's - 7 pieces. On different chips. Four DAC's - USB receiver TAS1020B and USB receiver SA9023.
    Three DAC on the USB receiver XMOS 8U6C5.
    So as I have the ability to test the optical output on the "Bitperfect".
    It works like this: the Output on optics in the playback wav file -> (card with optical input) recording to wav file, and bitwise compare the original file and recorded file.

If you would be interested.

All builds output via optical frequency 44-192, with the bit depth from 16 to 24.

Check for Bitperfect.

Build 7.0.2.001 - 006:
    44/16 - Bitperfect.
    96/24 - Not Bitperfect.

Build 7.0.2.007 - 009:
    44/16 - Bitperfect.
    96/24 - Bitperfect.

Therefore, the optical output works fine!

Output sound via USB (ALSA-SPDIF)

Build 7.0.2.001 - 006:
    The DACs on the receivers TAS1020B and SA9023 - Periodic crackling, small distortion.
    The DACs on the receivers XMOS 8U6C5 - Periodic crackling, Strong distortion.

Build 7.0.2.007 - 009:
    The DACs on the receivers TAS1020B and SA9023 - Norm. Plays great!
    The DACs on the receivers XMOS 8U6C5 - Periodic crackling, Strong distortion.

All three on XMOS DAC work perfectly under Windows (XP, 7, 8) and Linux Mint.
    USB-Audio-2.0-Driver-for-Windows---Overview(3.34.0).pdf

Can be for XMOS need to add drivers? Enable USB drivers on Linux

I don't know how to do it. Ready to continue testing.

log files from two XMOS devices attached. Performed "on" and play ape file to 44/16.

• I want to try this image on my mini M8S box, but see that in s905/7.0.2.009/device_trees/ it isn't .dtb named for this box, which of all I should download to burn a sd card.

• I want to try this image on my mini M8S box, but see that in s905/7.0.2.009/device_trees/ it isn't .dtb named for this box, which of all I should download to burn a sd card.

I'm new here, but I think you'll want to go generic, something like:

gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb (if you have a Realtek chip, but it doesn't look like you do from what I can tell)

Make sure you follow the guide and test it on a USB stick BEFORE flashing it over ;)

Edited once, last by twf85 (November 30, 2016 at 7:37 AM).

• Hi Tager, thank you for your tests. I use LE mainly for its bitperfect audio out capability. Your results confirm mine.
    I still use version 007 for 2 chans music over s/pdif and it works great.

• Hi kszaq

I went from 11/26 to 11/29 build, and I can't hear anymore the clic/pop I had 1 minute after playing a video (I use S/PDIF passthtrough to a DTS only receiver, so I can't test HD audio). No video issue (I've tested a few x264/x265 files).

Edited once, last by Fredouye (November 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM).

• I'm sorry to bother you but I have a bit of a problem with my micro SD card I wrote this lovely OS on. First it worked very well on my mini M8S II but now it says at system start Libreelec is damaged beyond repair, so I tried to overwrite the sd card but it won't let me.
    The 500 MB partition that was created using the rufus formatting tool can't be erased any more, no matter what I try. I even tried diskpart in the cmd.exe but no luck. Maybee I have to use a real card reader instead of my htc legend mobile phone?
    I don't have one and I don't know if buying on will solve my problem. I have an usb stick I could try it with but I'm afraid it will show the same problem afterwards and become as useless as my sd card now is.
    Any suggestions?

• Very cool! I've been running LibreElec on several different devices, but needed something that would handle x265. I bought the "NPET KIII Android 5.1 Lollipop Amlogic S905 2GB 16GB Kodi 16.1 TV BOX" from Amazon with the intention of installing LibreElec on it.

It took me a while to figure out that it just wouldn't try to boot from the SD card without the correct .dtd file. Once I put the correct "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb" file on the SD card, it booted and ran just fine. I did have to run "installtointernal" two times, before I could boot without the SD card. But now it's running, fine. Everything seems to be working, correctly, including wired and wireless networking. And Kodi is smooth and fast. It really feels like this is all the hardware you need to run LibreElec!

Thanks so much for your hard work making this possible!

Edited once, last by movieleecher (January 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM).

• I'm sorry to bother you but I have a bit of a problem with my micro SD card I wrote this lovely OS on. First it worked very well on my mini M8S II but now it says at system start Libreelec is damaged beyond repair, so I tried to overwrite the sd card but it won't let me.
    The 500 MB partition that was created using the rufus formatting tool can't be erased any more, no matter what I try. I even tried diskpart in the cmd.exe but no luck. Maybee I have to use a real card reader instead of my htc legend mobile phone?
    I don't have one and I don't know if buying on will solve my problem. I have an usb stick I could try it with but I'm afraid it will show the same problem afterwards and become as useless as my sd card now is.
    Any suggestions?

It sounds like the micro sd card is kaput. Try a fresh install on the usb stick.

• tried installing with usb stick and all worked fine. I just wonder how my sd card can be damaged because just before the installation it worked flawless. I mean I can copy files from and to the 511 mb partition rufus has created to run libreelec on my s905x device. I just can't get rid of that partition anymore. Rufus shows 32 GB and no defects after testing.
    I think I'll try to get myselve a proper card reader.

Edited once, last by honolulu1 (November 30, 2016 at 7:52 PM).

• tried installing with usb stick and all worked fine. I just wonder how my sd card can be damaged because just before the installation it worked flawless. I mean I can copy files from and to the 511 mb partition rufus has created to run libreelec on my s905x device. I just can't get rid of that partition anymore.

You try wiping it with a program called Lowvel Lowvel - Free Tool to Zero-Fill Storage Devices if you really want, or just buy another card