Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hi 👋 I have Vensmile M8s, with Amlogic s812 SOC. ( aml_dt soc: m8m2 platform: n200C variant: 2G )

I tried to run this libreelec M8s+ img it worked.

This is UART logs: uart-boot-logts.txt

Wifi and most of things works. I will test all other things later.

Thanks for hard work 🙌

This is u-boot version: U-boot-00000-g2ffe0ce-dirty(m8_pufangda_s812_v1@) (Nov 26 2015 - 16:47:41)

Board: XT-S812-V10

Wifi: AP6330

• Yep remote isn't working but I don't care just wanted to test img. I want to port my device on PostmarketOS (linux distro), I am looking for kernel source code (DTS, kernel Config and some other files for building Linux) . Can you give me hint where to find those files?

• I am looking for kernel source code (DTS, kernel Config and some other files for building Linux) . Can you give me hint where to find those files?

The information you need can be found in the leading post in this topic:

dtech
    February 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM
  • The information you need can be found in the leading post in this topic:

dtech
    February 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM

Thanks, I found what was needed :thumbup:

• Without a built-in tuner, the S905D doesn't make much sense. Based on the photos and the description above, it has an S905X SoC (this X is not a wildcard character, it is a real X.), so I recommend the MXQ-4K-Pro_2G image for testing, without any dtb replacement.

Thanks for replying with this to my question from some time ago. I've been running LibreELEC (dtech) 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 Leia ever since but for the life of me can't remember exactly what dtb.img I actually did use (here's the MD5: 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32 in case that helps) . Since CEC sudddenly does no longer work on a friend's TV of mine (who owns the same box), I was planning to use the original remote, so I've downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img.gz and tried renaming each of these

meson-gxl-s905x-hwacom-amazetv.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc-v2.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-mecool-m8s-pro-plus.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-tbee.dtb

meson-gxl-s905x-vero4k.dtb

to dtb.img but none of those worked on my Xoro HST 260 S. What am I doing wrong?

• Thanks for replying with this to my question from some time ago. I've been running LibreELEC (dtech) 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 Leia ever since but for the life of me can't remember exactly what dtb.img I actually did use (here's the MD5: 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32 in case that helps).

The answer:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # find /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | grep 4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32
    4c723801b797f26828caed55ebec8b32  /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

Since CEC sudddenly does no longer work on a friend's TV of mine (who owns the same box), I was planning to use the original remote, so I've downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img.gz and tried renaming each of these ...

For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions.

Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

• For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions. Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

Thanks for this info. The legacy version booted straight to LibreELEC without the need for pressing the reset button on my device and I'm perfectly fine with not having it boot from the internal eMMC storage. So, I've added this uEnv.ini to the root of the SD-card:

Code
    dtb_name=/dtb/imagename.dtb
    bootargs=boot=UUID=2306-0801 disk=UUID=8268da37-3a8d-4f6d-aba0-08918faded56 quiet systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

referencing all dtbs found in the 'LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img' (which hopefully is the correct one) contaning 'meson-gxl-s905x', starting with 'meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb'. To no avail, the system is stuck at the boot screen showing the S905X logo. Am I using the wrong image/dtb?

• Legacy images use different boot-scripts and boot files to the AMLGX image so you MUST invoke recovery mode boot so the vendor u-boot searches for aand finds/loads/stores updated boot-scripts that tell it what files to use. If this is not done u-boot is looking for boot files that don't exist and .. it isn't going to boot. Similarly if you have been running AMLGX and want to revert to the legacy image you need to do the same else u-boot is looking for the AMLGX boot files and won't find/use the legacy ones.

• Legacy images use different boot-scripts and boot files to the AMLGX image so you MUST invoke recovery mode boot so the vendor u-boot searches for aand finds/loads/stores updated boot-scripts that tell it what files to use. If this is not done u-boot is looking for boot files that don't exist and .. it isn't going to boot. Similarly if you have been running AMLGX and want to revert to the legacy image you need to do the same else u-boot is looking for the AMLGX boot files and won't find/use the legacy ones.

chewitt

You described the reason, but you didn't detail the solution. :)

tecc

In short: it is necessary to execute the "toothpick method" again, because aml_autoscript is executed only in this case.

• It was clear to me ..

I'm glad it's clear to you, especially since you wrote it, but I think this sentence means nothing to non-expert users.

The legacy version booted straight to LibreELEC without the need for pressing the reset button on my device ...

^ With this kind of wording, I think "You must press that button again to boot LE11 from SD card" is much more understandable than "you MUST invoke recovery mode boot". I don't like to complicate things unnecessarily... :)

• In short: it is necessary to execute the "toothpick method" again, because aml_autoscript is executed only in this case.

Thanks again but I seem to be confused about the terminology. It's been a while so I can't be sure but I don't remember having used the toothpick method for anything to make 9.2.8.8 - Kodi 18.9 run on my box, especially since I kept booting LibreELEC from the SD-card. Now, I would like to upgrade to the latest version that can run on my box. Can any of you point me to the correct img to download and what dtb to use and boot process to use? Thx!

• Just a quick thought:

Since CEC sudddenly does no longer work on a friend's TV of mine (who owns the same box), I was planning to use the original remote, so I've downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-box.img.gz ...

It is not certain that the factory remote control will work under LE11 on-the-fly, but my LE9.2 build includes the stock remote.conf by default.

• I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work keeping these old devices working. I've spent the past couple of days reading through these posts and trying several different .img until I realized my Matricom Q box (S802) seems to be happy with the K200-AP6330_2G.arm. version 9.2.8.10

Is this currently the newest version that will work with my box or is it possible to get LE 11 working ? I had attempted to get Chewitt's testing LibreELEC-AMLMX.arm-10.88.0-box.img version working with out any luck.

• Hi,

I just installed LibreElec 9.2.8.10 on my device Mecool KIII Pro (S912), but I have probelm with my orginal wifi on device and use external usb wifi (rtl8821CU), which one is not working with LibreElec 9.2.8.10.

Can you help me how to add this driver in LibreElec, if it is possible?