Edit main menu and add another direct link to media?

• Is it possible to add another item to the main (side) menu so when clicking on it you navigate directly to media instead of having sub categories?

Just like 'Movies' and 'TV Shows'.

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks guys for jumping in!

I will explain why I wanted to do this since that seemed the 'best' way to make it more user-friendly (as in higher WAF)

I'm using Jellyfin, which I recently discovered.

These are the kind of different media on a samba share:

1. Movies
    2. TV Shows
    3. Concerts/Music Videos
    4. Self recorded/converted video material
    5. Pictures

- Movies & TV Shows are accessible directly through the main menu and this works fine, so not necessary to change anything there.

- For Pictures: it would make it very simple to be able to go directly to the Pictures section in the main menu, and seeing the content instead of getting the share/library AND another icon/link to 'Picture add-ons'.

That makes it more confusing and one 'can get lost' in browsing whereas, like with Movies/TV Shows, you don't have this problem.

- Concerts/Music Videos: is not populated atm, have to check what goes wrong between LE & Jellyfin.

- Self recorded material: I also thought of having a direct link to this library, apart from the other video sections

If there is another/better way to achieve this: very welcome!

TIA

• Often users are unable to add an entry to the favorites menu, because they don't have the context menu button at the remote control. To map the context menu button to the blue remote control button, add this remote.xml to /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <remote>
          <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
        </remote>
      </global>
    </keymap>

After file creation, reboot and try to use the context menu to add menu entries to favorites. You can't add all menu entry types to favorites (this is on my wish list), but maybe it's enough for your needs.

• Hi Da Flex, thanks for your explanation.

I know about the possibilities with the favorites and already use them for certain subfolders on the server and tv programs that I stream (IPTV)

As you can see from my explanation, I'm looking for a way that has even fewer steps.

• Thanks for that Backup/Restore tip!

I'm giving the Aeon Nox silvo skin a try.

Anyone knows how to use a Jellyfin library as a new source/menu item in the main menu?

From the 'Main Menu Customizer' I have tried quite a lot of things but with no luck.