Update URL/channel for nightly builds

• Update and release file is working for me. Thanks lrusak ! Since you updated the release-scripts: is generating the releases.json already integrated in the CI (or however generating/upload of nightly builds work...)?

unfortunately it's not hooked into CI yet. We are in a bit of a maintenance update right now so jenkins is being reworked a bit. It would be ideal though to run this script from CI. We would also like to increase our nightly storage so we can have a few images listed.

• Just a comment in thread that update to latest nightly build for rpi4 via new custom channel url is currently not providing available 04/03 and 05/03 nightly builds. Noted that releases.json currently dated 03/03 and assume (ref Irusak previous comments) patience required and not a fully automated set-up to pick up latest Nightlies just yet.

• It is just the name of the update channel - it still provides the latest nightly builds. Maybe a bit confusing...

Temporarily switched from LibreELEC-10 to LEnightly-9.80 as my "update channel" ;)

For my rpi4 I have following two custom channels assigned in order to switch between above "update channels"

Code
    Custom Channel 1 https://test.libreelec.tv/
    Custom Channel 2 https://up.legg.ga/rpi4/

Edited 3 times, last by MikeKL (March 7, 2021 at 12:06 PM).

• Hi All,

Just a coincidence or have the releases.json file been removed from the nightly builds page?

When clicking on Available Updates, Kodi says that https://test.libreelec.tv/ isn't a valid update channel?

• Hi All,

Just a coincidence or have the releases.json file been removed from the nightly builds page?

When clicking on Available Updates, Kodi says that https://test.libreelec.tv/ isn't a valid update channel?

The same problem - Intel NUC

• Hi All,

I see the .json file isn't there anymore?

Has it been removed permanently or is it just a coincidence again?

I realise I can still update via SSH and by putting the .tar into the update folder - I'm just curious about the .json file

Thanks in advance

• It looks like that the .json file isn't updated anymore, last entries in there are from 03 May 2021. So the update via the update channel doesn't work for newer nightly images. Can someone have a look here and fix this issue so that the .json file is written correctly again?

• I second to that^ :)

I decided to use the repo and let le do the updates through libreelec configuration > updates almost a week ago. And after that, there were no nighlies at all because there were no new commits in github. And now that nighlies are back, the json file is wrong and I had to manually upgrade again.

• Official Post

I second to that^ :)

I decided to use the repo and let le do the updates through libreelec configuration > updates almost a week ago. And after that, there were no nighlies at all because there were no new commits in github. And now that nighlies are back, the json file is wrong and I had to manually upgrade again.

it's currently manually updated when I remember. It will eventually be moved to our automation when I get a chance.

• So I am back to manual updating :D Thank you though.

Please post here when it is done, I want to recheck how well the in-kodi mechanism (libreelec configuration > updates) works for the nightlies.

• I just found the repo at up.legg.ga and I added it as custom channel 2, because test.libreelec.tv is custom channel 1.

And I noticed that in order for its images to show up, I have to set the update channel to lenightly-9.80. I thought it would show up when the update channel is set to libreelec-10.0, like the ones from test.libreelec.tv do, but no. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there a "priority" for the custom channels? E.g. will I get the same images if I put up.legg.ga as 1st and test.libreelec.tv as 2nd?

• I thought it would show up when the update channel is set to libreelec-10.0, like the ones from test.libreelec.tv do, but no. Am I doing something wrong?

No, that's correct. up.legg.ga was created before test.libreelec.tv started shipping the releases.json. At that time, it was LE 9.80. of course it would be possible to modify up.legg.ga to provide the updates in 10 channel. But I do not plan to keep this service available forever. It was intended as a workaround until test.libreelec.tv is providing a reliable update mechanism. When this will be the case, I will turn off my update service.

Thats the reason why I did not spent any additional time in renaming the channel.

Edit: Just to say it clearly - the up.legg.ga channel LEnightly-9.80 provides the official LE10 nightly builds.

Edited 2 times, last by flubshi (May 12, 2021 at 10:40 PM).

• The update channel for up.legg.ga was renamed to 'LibreELEC(up.legg.ga)-10.0' and regex pattern was adjusted. If you use up.legg.ga, please switch update channel in LE settings addon.

If 'LibreELEC(up.legg.ga)-10.0' is not available but custom URL was added, please try if a restart fixes this issue.