Posts by finch6

I see the Python MovieDB Scraper has just had an update. Will test this out a bit and if that does nothing, I’ll try some different ones.

I just can’t understand why it all of a sudden stopped working 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ok, so I tried about 3 different scrapers for Movies (The Movie Database, The Movie Database Python [currently selected], Universal Movie Scraper) and 3 different scrapers for Series (The Movie Database [currently selected], The TVDB (New) & TMDb TV Shows). Had to remove a Movie that was recently added and on of the latest Episodes that was added and re add them.

Same result. Nothing has changed with the “Recently added episodes” or “Recently added movies” 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also if I go to the categories and click Recently added in Series or Movies, this doesn’t show the latest either.

Start fresh with a new video database. It'll be a quicker solution than finding out what goes wrong.

Hi Klojum,

So I did a completely fresh install of Kodi with one of the *.img.gz files. I didn't restore any database backup, I just added my video folders and let Kodi create a new database.

But the Recently Added sections of Series and Movies aren't updating at all...

I don't know what else to try - other than suggest that there is a bug in the Nightly build? But I'm the only one posting here, so I assume it's only me with the issue 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hi Jocke.Sve,

Thanks for the info, I didn’t even think of the scrapers. Will give that one a bash and see what happens - will post back here with results 👌🏼

Does using different scraper(s) have same result?

I switched to "The Movie Database Python | Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software" and all movies & TV-series are scraped correctly (if naming conventions are properly used).

I was only able to use that scraper for the Movies. But I selected another scraper for Series and will see how that plays out over the next few days when Series are added. I had the TV database as a series scraper just FYI.

Hi Klojum,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this notification.

My problem is that it hasn’t updated the Recently added episodes/movies in about 3 months, possibly 4 - I eventually worked out a rough timeline.

Scanning by default is based on the timestamps of the files, so possibly your recently added videos are further at the back of the list, or possibly not displayed in the first 15 files.

The only way this would be possible is if the files that are being added into the library have a time stamp of a few months/years back - or if the files that are showing in the Recently added episodes/movies had a time stamp of a few months/years ahead. but this isn’t the case /shrug

This is all very confusing to me - what else could I try?

If I go into Series or Movies they are displayed there - but they don’t display on the “Recently Added” section on the movie/series “home” screen (when you select Movies/Series in the side panel but don’t go into it).

They also don’t show up in the Recently Added tile (when you click and go into it) at the top of the series/movies section.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Hi Klojum,

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Here is the log file, let me know if you need anything else please... I just hope it has something in the logs, I added a movie and ran a database update.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so not sure if this is the correct section to be adding a thread /shrug

I have noticed over the last few weeks/months that the Recently Added series and movies sections aren't updating with the most recently added files?

I am running Nightlies on a RPi4.

I can't pinpoint at exactly what time they stopped updating, but is anyone else having the same issue?

I did do a fresh install and then restore from backup but it's still the same ?(

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi All,

Just a coincidence or have the releases.json file been removed from the nightly builds page?

When clicking on Available Updates, Kodi says that https://test.libreelec.tv/ isn't a valid update channel?

I see the .json file isn't there anymore?

Has it been removed permanently or is it just a coincidence again?

I realise I can still update via SSH and by putting the .tar into the update folder - I'm just curious about the .json file

Thanks in advance

I get an error when trying to install the fanshim.zip

2021-03-25 17:49:44.068 T:983 ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[service.fanshim]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.19.0 could not be satisfied.

I'm assuming it's because of the same issue RPi4 users had (something about the new version of python??) with most of the add-ons not working??