"Recently Added" Series and Movies section not updating

• Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so not sure if this is the correct section to be adding a thread /shrug

I have noticed over the last few weeks/months that the Recently Added series and movies sections aren't updating with the most recently added files?

I am running Nightlies on a RPi4.

I can't pinpoint at exactly what time they stopped updating, but is anyone else having the same issue?

I did do a fresh install and then restore from backup but it's still the same ?(

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Hi Klojum,

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Here is the log file, let me know if you need anything else please... I just hope it has something in the logs, I added a movie and ran a database update.

• If I go into Series or Movies they are displayed there - but they don’t display on the “Recently Added” section on the movie/series “home” screen (when you select Movies/Series in the side panel but don’t go into it).

They also don’t show up in the Recently Added tile (when you click and go into it) at the top of the series/movies section.

• Scanning by default is based on the timestamps of the files, so possibly your recently added videos are further at the back of the list, or possibly not displayed in the first 15 files. That number of recently added videos can be adjusted though, via a setting in the advancedsettings.xml file.

• Hi Klojum,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this notification.

My problem is that it hasn’t updated the Recently added episodes/movies in about 3 months, possibly 4 - I eventually worked out a rough timeline.

Scanning by default is based on the timestamps of the files, so possibly your recently added videos are further at the back of the list, or possibly not displayed in the first 15 files.

The only way this would be possible is if the files that are being added into the library have a time stamp of a few months/years back - or if the files that are showing in the Recently added episodes/movies had a time stamp of a few months/years ahead. but this isn’t the case /shrug

This is all very confusing to me - what else could I try?

• Hi Jocke.Sve,

Thanks for the info, I didn’t even think of the scrapers. Will give that one a bash and see what happens - will post back here with results 👌🏼

Does using different scraper(s) have same result?

I switched to "The Movie Database Python | Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software" and all movies & TV-series are scraped correctly (if naming conventions are properly used).

I was only able to use that scraper for the Movies. But I selected another scraper for Series and will see how that plays out over the next few days when Series are added. I had the TV database as a series scraper just FYI.

Edited 2 times, last by finch6: Merged a post created by finch6 into this post. (April 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM).

• Start fresh with a new video database. It'll be a quicker solution than finding out what goes wrong.

Hi Klojum,

So I did a completely fresh install of Kodi with one of the *.img.gz files. I didn't restore any database backup, I just added my video folders and let Kodi create a new database.

But the Recently Added sections of Series and Movies aren't updating at all...

I don't know what else to try - other than suggest that there is a bug in the Nightly build? But I'm the only one posting here, so I assume it's only me with the issue 🤦🏼‍♂️

• I haven't found obvious errors at your latest log, but it seems like a lot of images are cached into memory.

Maybe creating a swap file helps: Click!

Ok cool, thanks Da Flex - I have created a swapfile (I need to do some research and learn what a swapfile is 🤦🏼‍♂️) so lets see if that helps...

Will post results soon 👍🏼