getting my way around in this forum and site

• i am trying to understand the way things are working here.(how to gain knowlegde)

nightly builds => how can i read what's changed from the earlier build? (installing just to see it's not fixed yet is a bit time consuming) (not pushing to solve it but reading the changelog would help to keep on track.)

is there a way to separate system backup and library backup?

if the system has a flaw and i want to create a fresh setup and the backup has transfered the flaw so placing the backup back means reinstalling the flaw means the backup is useless.

it would be great if the backup can be chosen as:

1 - system and userdata backup (as now)

2 - all userdata backup including addon data. no system. ( i noticed i can't use thebackup tar of v17.6 version to load in the nightly build's)

3 - only library data backup. (this would be great if a installed addon caused a flaw/error i can fast create a new fresh instal set up , install all addons i need except the last few which probably caused the problem.

Reload the library by selecting the backup => done.) now all manual adjusted library things after last sd image backup are gone.

A addon independed backup of network locations, logins, foldersetup. renamed video headers that kind of thing.

That's is the most time consuming rebuilding work.

:)

• Hi, first welcome to this forum , secondary, yes there is a way to separate the backup types by using different backup addons , here are the most popular ones and the backup addons I prefer: *BLEEP*

I have used all these 3 to backup and restore my builds ,settings , addons, addons settings ,etc so I suggest you to try these 3 , if you face any issues let me know :)

*URLs removed by moderator*

• it would be great if the backup can be chosen as:

1 - system and userdata backup (as now)

LibreELEC's internal Backup/Restore tool has never included system files, only the most part of the /storage partition.

The system files are on a read-only partition, so if changes were to be made, you would need to unlock that part first.

I'd go for 2 backups:

- all files in storage via a sync command, so incremental backups can be made (very much time-saving).

- a diskimage of the whole sdcard.

If you want to stick to a certain LibreELEC version, store the installer program of that version in a safe place.

• Hi both, thanks for the respons and info.

Already at place and used:

- official kodi backup Addon.

- Win32diskimager as SD image writer/reader(backup).

(learned the hard way make a extra backup when you are done finalizing the library.)(cost me a day rearanging input to my liking)

- The LibreELEC's back in TAR local folder on SD in "backup"and then replaced to my pc.(space saving)

The USB Sdcard Backup wizzard looks exactly what i ment. a list of things i could backup separate.

indigo i can't run, i haven't kodi v18 yet. (hardware Cuboxi so some trouble in upgrading)

LibreELEC's internal Backup/Restore tool has never included system files, only the most part of the /storage partition.

ok, maybe the addon's data/settings then. Why i thought it's back up also system things was i had a issue that after watching a video and i hit "stop" the screen turns black as in "empty" and stays that way. it doesn't return to the skin view of selection mode. only way to solve that is kill power. this is in effect watch a video and turn off power wait few minuts to reboot before you can watch a second.

(this effect becan after a long pauze moment which i stopt by hitting play and stop in a row causing the system to freeze. => power off to reboot. after that i had this problem.)

the official kodi backup did bring this problem back on my working image so that's why i thought it stores also "systemdata ".

Ended up rebuilding my stored sd image back to present state. (need to backup NOW!) before installing other addons.

Wat's stored in the TAR? (LibreELEC's backup addon) and i tried to load a v17.6 backup in a v19 nightly build which din't work.

So how can i transfer my personal data to a next version if there is a stable one for a imx6 cuboxi4pro? Use the backup to speed up a new build.

Which is my next question, where can i find changelog info of nightly builds, what's repaired so to speak. So i can read if my problem which i have in video encoding and a not working optical spdiff sound issue when i use a nightly build for cubox.(didn't try the last one but the three before had all the same issue).

• @megaprime421

Please note that this forum as well as Kodi's forum will not accept URL links that are related to any type of video piracy. This is as per the forum rules on both our and on Kodi forums.

Any new references made to such repositories, add-ons, or other type of usage, can result in removal from this forum.