Posts by classicCuboxiuser

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-11.0-nightly-20211002-5def4c6-cubox.img

used because i had some video and audio issue's running h264 mpg.

audio off sync and inbuild subtitles off sync, DTS passtrough optical spdiff didn't work.

VLC does run subtitels in sync.

Other thing when buffering after few seconds after start the video freezes and i have to hard reboot to get control again.

a runthrough in vidcoder to h264 1080p does help but it has some frame fluid issue's.

an other did jump every few seconds a few frames skipped forward.

anything wrong with the videoplayer codex?

if any want more info please tel me. :)

update:

running the file through vidcoder on h264 1080p coding does solve the freeze.

i can play the video without any problems except audio doesn't run synchronised and can't be manual corrected.

i use the spdiff optical output. (connected to a optical input for dvdplayer which worked always before.)

Noob question, can i use putty and opkg commands to upgrade nightly builds?

and will there be a "stable release" for imx6 aka my cubox in the future?

Edit: i came to the knowledge that i can drop a tar in to a update folder does that be enough most of the time?

i am a noob in this,

first "putty.exe" goves an error. (ssh key thing i think, turning on ssh in kodi menu showed you must make your own key.)

not a clue how to do that.

i wanted to update the nightly build to see if this worked.

and what do i need to do with that link?

(it could be a hardware issue of the CuBox old and dusty kind of thing.)

Backup only supports local storage. If you want to write to a remote share, setup a systemd kernel mount to locally mount the remote share, then write the backup to the "local" folder.

i can use Filezilla to drag the backup out the folder to save space. And if i have a problem i can upload this backup first back in the original folder as a extra safety. Filezilla did connect wile putty won't. (filezilla needed to update key but then it worked.)

Hi,

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-11.0-nightly-20210821-e41bf0f-cubox.img is working (that video colorrendering issue is gone) on my cuboxi and optical spfdiff also.

installed and i have one repeating issue.

playing from a Nass a mpeg2/4 videofile if it needs a buffer(it shows the buffering ...% ikon) and then it stops playing and freezes.Can't stop can't return to homescreen only thing what helps is hard reboot by power off on.

an other not so good action is canceling a play command just after startup that causes also a crash (did on kodi17.6 old rebuild also)

Any idea in which direction i need to look?

Kodi settings?

networksettings in kodi or nass?

wait for new nightly build?

An other thing which i stumbled in to is the LibreElec backup, seated in the kodi addons, can't redirected to a nass folder only to the onboard folderstructure of the SD.

i remember on first start up i could point to a folder and also network folder or i am wrong in memory but can i point this addon to a ip adres and folder?

(i now use the old Kodi Backup addon for monthly backup.) and a image of the SD stored on drive.

found nightlybuilds for the cubox but the last time i had those video issue's i discribed in my posts.

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-10.0-nightly-20210711-ded9079-cubox.img

i think i can test this with a 8Gb sd.

First i like to fix my old 17.6 version which is stable and works most of the time. (i read somewhere that an extensive library and thumbnails can causes this crashing behaviour. can i use a nass folder to place the library files so the SD doens't fill up?)

f you can SSH into the box, provide the urls resulting from the following commands:

df -h | pastebinit

dmesg | pastebinit

eh i can enter with Filezilla then i get a tree found the kodi_temp_ kodi.logs

made a old and new (before and after scan video librarycommand)

set logging to specific library (latest of the row)

did login witn putty and have the requested url's

do i need to burn after reading set or something like 1 day 1 week? (did a burn after reading so if you need it again tell me.)

how do i upload the logfiles?

do i need to sign in? /create a login for this? edit2: nevermind about signin i discoverd i had a signin from way back. :)

copypaste txt of logfile exceeded the max so deleted that only the https. (how you i point you to those files?)

i think my library is broken.(pretty sure it is ;) )

new entry's arn't added to the list.

thumbnails arn't made. memory full thing or a problem of any kind

i did run a cleaning app. (to delete leftovers of updates and such)

did a backup of the SD with win32.

i have a old "fresh" sd backup which should be almost finished in installation (23082020)

i am sure i changed some things after this in apps and settings so not my first step to go to.

this is my go to if anything else doesn't work.

(i am not a active tweaker just a user so it's a long time ago i did some work on the thing. if it's isn't broken don't fix it principle.)

i can enter with filezilla the sd wile running so can i replace(or delete) files to force kodi to recreate the library?

(i read something about thumbnails of photo's who's to blame (too much thumbnails of many photo's crashes the system. is that correct? And can i set setting to not make thumbnails of photo's? So memory isn't filled too fast?)

So my initial question is do i have a quick fix?

for instance by replacing a certain file?

copy of files of SD

configfiles

logfiles

picons (empty)

userdata

(yes i am aware the cubox is old and i should get a new system. don't know if i go for a barebone with plex app and netflix app or just a kodi running or the latest RPI with a optical audio output (old reciever) so i am running this thing till he dies on me or the kodi isn't working anymore .)

can anyone help me with a quick fix? :)

If you need any extra info please ask.

update:

i run v17.6 build because i can't check every week if the nightly build has no video encoder issues and audio spdif error anymore.

(not lazynes but i need to clone , format sd write test and visaversa)

one sd card.

So i still hope i can read somewhere what's changed in the new nightlybuilds and if someone want's to test something glad to help just ask and tel me what to do because i am not a programmer.

I am still hoping the v19 build can replace my older v17.6 on my cuboxi. :)

Animejin , are you running a xmi6 cuboxi4pro with LibreElec kodiv19?

no video issues as monocolor "look" and audio spif optical 5.1? (i tried the nigthly builds and all til now (250820) had a video encoder and audio issue. it didn't work properly. the stereo hdmi did work but i have hdmhi1.4 in the cuboxi and no hdmi to my reciever oly spif optical (dvd)

so i am back to 17.6 kodi which runs for now.

Hi both, thanks for the respons and info.

Already at place and used:

- official kodi backup Addon.

- Win32diskimager as SD image writer/reader(backup).

(learned the hard way make a extra backup when you are done finalizing the library.)(cost me a day rearanging input to my liking)

- The LibreELEC's back in TAR local folder on SD in "backup"and then replaced to my pc.(space saving)

The USB Sdcard Backup wizzard looks exactly what i ment. a list of things i could backup separate.

indigo i can't run, i haven't kodi v18 yet. (hardware Cuboxi so some trouble in upgrading)

LibreELEC's internal Backup/Restore tool has never included system files, only the most part of the /storage partition.

ok, maybe the addon's data/settings then. Why i thought it's back up also system things was i had a issue that after watching a video and i hit "stop" the screen turns black as in "empty" and stays that way. it doesn't return to the skin view of selection mode. only way to solve that is kill power. this is in effect watch a video and turn off power wait few minuts to reboot before you can watch a second.

(this effect becan after a long pauze moment which i stopt by hitting play and stop in a row causing the system to freeze. => power off to reboot. after that i had this problem.)

the official kodi backup did bring this problem back on my working image so that's why i thought it stores also "systemdata ".

Ended up rebuilding my stored sd image back to present state. (need to backup NOW!) before installing other addons.

Wat's stored in the TAR? (LibreELEC's backup addon) and i tried to load a v17.6 backup in a v19 nightly build which din't work.

So how can i transfer my personal data to a next version if there is a stable one for a imx6 cuboxi4pro? Use the backup to speed up a new build.

Which is my next question, where can i find changelog info of nightly builds, what's repaired so to speak. So i can read if my problem which i have in video encoding and a not working optical spdiff sound issue when i use a nightly build for cubox.(didn't try the last one but the three before had all the same issue).

i am trying to understand the way things are working here.(how to gain knowlegde)

nightly builds => how can i read what's changed from the earlier build? (installing just to see it's not fixed yet is a bit time consuming) (not pushing to solve it but reading the changelog would help to keep on track.)

is there a way to separate system backup and library backup?

if the system has a flaw and i want to create a fresh setup and the backup has transfered the flaw so placing the backup back means reinstalling the flaw means the backup is useless.

it would be great if the backup can be chosen as:

1 - system and userdata backup (as now)

2 - all userdata backup including addon data. no system. ( i noticed i can't use thebackup tar of v17.6 version to load in the nightly build's)

3 - only library data backup. (this would be great if a installed addon caused a flaw/error i can fast create a new fresh instal set up , install all addons i need except the last few which probably caused the problem.

Reload the library by selecting the backup => done.) now all manual adjusted library things after last sd image backup are gone.

A addon independed backup of network locations, logins, foldersetup. renamed video headers that kind of thing.

That's is the most time consuming rebuilding work.

:)

image i have audio (optic cable) spdiff kraking sound, 2.0 hdmi works.

and video has negative look and banding. (booting colors are ok.)

video

i will test 14082020=> same story, spdiff no sound 2.0 have sound.(tv)

same image.

20200805 different driver type i think audio also a problem.

(as i recall correct i have then working backuped place that one to see)

it's driver issue. (one thing i came up just now) with is "pvr" i didn't instal that because no stream tv or such. )

backup was kodi17.6 build 8.2.5 and that worked as suspected.

so it's driver issue.

Edit 2:

Tried some videoaddon's as nasa liveview and same issue.

If it's me that i need to instal a certain video/audio encoder please tell me.

The navigation and skin is good colored and as i tested with 17.6 it's no hardware issue.

option 1: the build in video/audio encoder don't work properly on my cuboxi4pro

(the encoder of the build kodi17.6 (last official build) 8.2.5 does work so back trace?)

option 2: i need to manual instal a certain video/spdiff audio encoder in order to lett my cuboxi4pro work with the nightly build.

(if so it's my newbe knowledge of your nightly build status and requirements in order to let it work so please enlight me.)