Cubox 4i freezes play mode when buffering is popping up

• Hi,

LibreELEC-iMX6.arm-11.0-nightly-20210821-e41bf0f-cubox.img is working (that video colorrendering issue is gone) on my cuboxi and optical spfdiff also.

installed and i have one repeating issue.

playing from a Nass a mpeg2/4 videofile if it needs a buffer(it shows the buffering ...% ikon) and then it stops playing and freezes.Can't stop can't return to homescreen only thing what helps is hard reboot by power off on.

an other not so good action is canceling a play command just after startup that causes also a crash (did on kodi17.6 old rebuild also)

Any idea in which direction i need to look?

Kodi settings?

networksettings in kodi or nass?

wait for new nightly build?

An other thing which i stumbled in to is the LibreElec backup, seated in the kodi addons, can't redirected to a nass folder only to the onboard folderstructure of the SD.

i remember on first start up i could point to a folder and also network folder or i am wrong in memory but can i point this addon to a ip adres and folder?

(i now use the old Kodi Backup addon for monthly backup.) and a image of the SD stored on drive.

• i am a noob in this,

first "putty.exe" goves an error. (ssh key thing i think, turning on ssh in kodi menu showed you must make your own key.)

not a clue how to do that.

i wanted to update the nightly build to see if this worked.

and what do i need to do with that link?

(it could be a hardware issue of the CuBox old and dusty kind of thing.)

Backup only supports local storage. If you want to write to a remote share, setup a systemd kernel mount to locally mount the remote share, then write the backup to the "local" folder.

i can use Filezilla to drag the backup out the folder to save space. And if i have a problem i can upload this backup first back in the original folder as a extra safety. Filezilla did connect wile putty won't. (filezilla needed to update key but then it worked.)

• update:

running the file through vidcoder on h264 1080p coding does solve the freeze.

i can play the video without any problems except audio doesn't run synchronised and can't be manual corrected.

i use the spdiff optical output. (connected to a optical input for dvdplayer which worked always before.)

Noob question, can i use putty and opkg commands to upgrade nightly builds?

and will there be a "stable release" for imx6 aka my cubox in the future?

Edit: i came to the knowledge that i can drop a tar in to a update folder does that be enough most of the time?