Need help: Best way to import/export library in my case?

• Hello community,

I hope you can help me with my problem. I currently use Kodi on a Pi 3 with four HDDs - one connected to every single USB port available.

I'm planning on buying a NVIDIA Shield TV. My goal is to connect to the current Pi and add/scan all of my media via SMB. From now on the Pi should only serve as a NAS server, as I want to use the Shield TV as my only playback device.

My goal is to keep all the (custom) artwork, (custom) metadata and every other library information I manually edited over the years. Of course I also want to keep the "seen/not seen" tags as well.

I thought about exporting my library as described here, but the last time I did it did neither keep my "seen/not seen" tags nor do I want to have single JPEG/txt files in every single folder of my hard drives again. I also would love to avoid manually editing database files as I don't have much experience with it yet.

Did I make any mistake the last time I tried to export or is there any other method I should try in my specific case?

Feel free to ask if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

leland86

• The watched and resume statuses need to be activated in the advancedsettings.xml file, if you want to keep/export those settings.

During the export start, you can indicate if you want to export the fanart or not. And, there is a simple command to remove all the .jpg files from your drives, should that still be necessary. On the other hand, the default info provider TheMovieDB has cleaned out its fanart quite a bit, so rescraping your media collection could result in lots of empty posters or backgrounds. I'd suggest keeping the jpg files for now. One single big video file probably takes up more disk space than most of your fanart combined.

• The watched and resume statuses need to be activated in the advancedsettings.xml file, if you want to keep/export those settings.

Thanks a lot for the hint! Didn't know that before. Will definitely add that line when the import is about to happen.

Are there any other similiar commands I should add to my advancedsettings.xml? For example, I'd like to keep the "date added" information for all my video files as well as my music library, so I can use the "recently added" filter.

• I tried import export, from an android to ELEC device, it didn't work. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I don't think they are compatible, but you have nothing to lose.

• For example, I'd like to keep the "date added" information for all my video files as well as my music library, so I can use the "recently added" filter.

"Date added" is part of the metadata place in Kodi's export nfo files.

Are there any other similiar commands I should add to my advancedsettings.xml?

Nope.

I tried import export, from an android to ELEC device, it didn't work. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I don't think they are compatible, but you have nothing to lose.

Android and LibreELEC can have different paths to certain modules, but the Kodi export/import itself for video metadata is similar.