I'm using LibeELEC also als Fileserver with SBM shares. I want to restrict the access to the drives & folders that are in the machine because everybody can access the 24/7 running Kodi installation without a password.
There are folders with some private data i don't want to share inside kodi / kodi filemanager but as SMB with password.
My Disk Setup:
|_> /Media [as Media in Kodi AND SMB]
|_> /OwnData [SMB but NOT in Kodi FileManager]
1) as far as i understand kodi provides Media Folder automatic as SMB share, so "media" should be fine
2) How can i restrict the access to the folder "OwnData" Folder in LibreElecs FileManager? It should not be accessable from the GUI OR just with a password option. But available as SMB in my network.
|_> /Backup [SMB but NOT in Kodi FileManager]
3) Harddrive [SDC] should NOT be visible in the LibreELEC FileManager
4) "Backup" should be accessable by SMB (or FTP, SSH) like "OwnData"
Or, maybe as another option, is there a way to restrict access to the kodi filemanager? Maybe with different user accounts?
5) as example: autostart kodi with a "no special rights" user that only can access functions like "watch videos from library, start some stream addons" and then, if i need to configure or access something, swith to my "super user"?