Posts by Duller4378

So I registered just for this one issue, same as the above poster:.

I have Kodi running on LibreElec with all media across a SMB / Samba share on a central NAS. I have two user profiles set up, Adults and Kids, with the Audlts having the Master Lock access set up in theory stopping the Kids from seeing folders/media they're not supposed to. But this isn't working.

Whereas in reality there are many folders I want to share and restrict to different users (adults, guests, kids/children), I'll keep the situation simple:

I have one master file shared, called FILMS with two sub-folders, named PARENTS FILMS and the other KIDS TV;

FILMS >>> PARENTS FILMS

>>> KIDS TV

Quite simply I want to allow Parent/Adults to see all media (including kids programs) and Kids to ONLY be able to see what's the in the folder KIDS TV, but no matter what way I do this (either adding the source FILMS folder as a single SMB share, or adding PARENTS FILMS and subsequently KIDS TV folders as two seperate SMB networks shares) any user in under the Kids profile can ultimately navigate up to the top of the SMB share, click on the '..' and go 'up' the folder structure and then move laterally to see media they're not supposed to.

Now that they're 8+ they're getting savvy and are just starting to realise what this will net them - a veritable treasure trove of films not age apprioriate!

Can anyone point to how I can limit a SMB share to IT and ONLY IT (essentially removing the '..' to block moving up the folder tree) and nothing else?