Posts by leland86

The watched and resume statuses need to be activated in the advancedsettings.xml file, if you want to keep/export those settings.

Thanks a lot for the hint! Didn't know that before. Will definitely add that line when the import is about to happen.

Are there any other similiar commands I should add to my advancedsettings.xml? For example, I'd like to keep the "date added" information for all my video files as well as my music library, so I can use the "recently added" filter.

Hello community,

I hope you can help me with my problem. I currently use Kodi on a Pi 3 with four HDDs - one connected to every single USB port available.

I'm planning on buying a NVIDIA Shield TV. My goal is to connect to the current Pi and add/scan all of my media via SMB. From now on the Pi should only serve as a NAS server, as I want to use the Shield TV as my only playback device.

My goal is to keep all the (custom) artwork, (custom) metadata and every other library information I manually edited over the years. Of course I also want to keep the "seen/not seen" tags as well.

I thought about exporting my library as described here, but the last time I did it did neither keep my "seen/not seen" tags nor do I want to have single JPEG/txt files in every single folder of my hard drives again. I also would love to avoid manually editing database files as I don't have much experience with it yet.

Did I make any mistake the last time I tried to export or is there any other method I should try in my specific case?

Feel free to ask if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

leland86

chewitt: Just tried to update but unfortunately the upgrade imports the old library from said previous alpha install. Even more disturbing: I can't even update the old library, even though all of my sources are still configured correctly. Weird.

How can I completely remove any files from my alpha install to make sure to get a clean and flawless update?

I would strongly prefer to use this way as I faced some really time-consuming problems with a library backup import a few years ago.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I just wanted to know if I can upgrade to Leia 9.0.0 without losing any of my current library data, as I'm currently on Krypton 8.2.5 (running on a Pi3) but already had an alpha release of Leia installed a few months ago (that I had to downgrade back to 8.2.5 due to compatibility reasons).

Do I have to (manually?) remove any files from the alpha release install to get a proper database upgrade this time? Or am I able to upgrade to 9.0.0 without having to fear that Kodi uses the already existing (old) libary database from the alpha release? Of course I'd really like to keep the current library, not the old one from a few months ago.

Thanks in advance for your help! Of course I can provide further information if nessecary.

Kind regards

Sebastian

LibreELEC will automatically share drives via SMB (if the option is checked in the LibreELEC settings add-on). You can then get volumio to point to this samba share

I know, but that wasn't the real problem... I finally found the solution a few minutes ago: I had to change the SMB settings of the minimum supported SMB-Version from 2 (default setting) to 1. Volumio instantly recognized every single hard drive. Thanks anyway for your response!

Hey guys,

this may seem to be a pretty basic question, but unfortunately I was not able to solve this problem:

I got two Pi 3 devices running at my local network. The first one is a LibreELEC installation (current build: 8.2.3) and gets all of its content from three external hard drives via USB. The Pi itself is connected to my network via cable. The second Pi should serve as a Volumio (• Audiophile Music Player | DAP | Volumio) device for my bedroom. It is also on a wired connection to my LAN.

Here's the problem: I tried to add one of my hard drives from the LibreELEC device as the primary source for my Volumio device, but I haven't figured out the right way to do this. It seems to be much more complicated compared to accessing my files via Windows or MacOS (which is, by the way, pretty simple and worked perfectly from the scratch).

I googled this question for hours, tried several things, but in the end I was not able to solve this problem. Are there any changes in the LibreELEC configuration that I have to do in order to mount the hard drive with Volumio?

By the way, I'm relatively new to Linux so it would be great to get some help from this community.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Munich, Germany.

leland86