Unable to mount USB drive on RasPi 3 as network share for Volumio device

• Hey guys,

this may seem to be a pretty basic question, but unfortunately I was not able to solve this problem:

I got two Pi 3 devices running at my local network. The first one is a LibreELEC installation (current build: 8.2.3) and gets all of its content from three external hard drives via USB. The Pi itself is connected to my network via cable. The second Pi should serve as a Volumio (• Audiophile Music Player | DAP | Volumio) device for my bedroom. It is also on a wired connection to my LAN.

Here's the problem: I tried to add one of my hard drives from the LibreELEC device as the primary source for my Volumio device, but I haven't figured out the right way to do this. It seems to be much more complicated compared to accessing my files via Windows or MacOS (which is, by the way, pretty simple and worked perfectly from the scratch).

I googled this question for hours, tried several things, but in the end I was not able to solve this problem. Are there any changes in the LibreELEC configuration that I have to do in order to mount the hard drive with Volumio?

By the way, I'm relatively new to Linux so it would be great to get some help from this community.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Munich, Germany.

leland86

• LibreELEC will automatically share drives via SMB (if the option is checked in the LibreELEC settings add-on). You can then get volumio to point to this samba share

I know, but that wasn't the real problem... I finally found the solution a few minutes ago: I had to change the SMB settings of the minimum supported SMB-Version from 2 (default setting) to 1. Volumio instantly recognized every single hard drive. Thanks anyway for your response!