Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• emveepee I did some test boots from an SD card yesterday using the image in my web-share (5.17-rc4 and u-boot 2022.01) and it worked fine from a boot perspective. I'd recommend getting an emmc module; they're faster and more reliable than SD cards.

Thanks and I agree, but I made a mistake only ordering one when I originally got my N2 and while the drives themselves are priced ok it is hard to justify paying 3x the indicated prices for extra shipping taxes and duties for a postage stamp sized item just to test. These same cards themselves work in my RPi's and VIMs so it is my SD reader that appears faulty so put me on the list for wanting tftp support.

• Put me on the list for wanting tftp support.

Mainline u-boot already supports it (all the Amlogic boards in kernel-ci boot that way) so you should be able to write u-boot to SPI and boot the device (replacing petitboot). I have no personal experience with it so can't guide you, but it should be do-able.

• Has anyone got a fix for the pink line issue? Getting a small line on the bottom for anything needing to be upscaled and a small green line for any videos that are downscaled to 1080p.

• very much appreciated! - that worked

is more stable

plays streaming video - and allows skip forward / back

still has the "failed to start configure eth0 mac address" message ( but not a problem for me

still cant figure out how to get it to suspend and awake on the power button - as CoreElec did

has crashed 1 or 2 times - but don't know if that is due to addons i have loaded ....need to play with it some more

can post logs if needed / wanted

thanks again ! :thumbup:

• Does anyone have a copy of the February 12

(LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220212-....tar)?

chewitt maybe these files stay somewhere on the server and you could share?

Later releases are practically unusable, kodi crashes and reboots very often.

• chewitt maybe these files stay somewhere on the server and you could share?

I use my own images for testing, not nightlies, so I don't have old images anywhere and the current test server holds one or two days files and then deletes them. I also have no stability issues (within the normal range of what works/doesn't-work with the vdec) so your problems are probably a skin or some add-on not being happy about the recent Python 3.9 bump in master.

• Does anyone have a copy of the February 12

(LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220212-....tar)?

chewitt maybe these files stay somewhere on the server and you could share?

Later releases are practically unusable, kodi crashes and reboots very often.

same here to be honest - rebooting after every episode watched so I switched to mainline nightlies instead

• If anyone is using a Tanix TX3-mini box (S905W) the VFD display is now supported in my test images with upstream code! .. as this series was posted to the mailing list https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-…[email protected]/ and I've added the super-simple clock script here https://github.com/chewitt/LibreE…401de6c2979fdd7 to put some numbers on it. In time (and assuming the driver patches are merged) someone with a bigger clue about Python than me will be able to resurrect the fd628.service add-on we've had in the past as that was fancier, but that involves Python, which I suck at. NB: There's also no guarantee the above driver will work on other boxes with VFD bits, but it's a start in the right direction :)

• Hi chewitt, some quick question. I still want to remove hardware mpeg2 decoding.

By adding the following patch file into:

/http://LibreELEC.tv/projects/Amlogic/devices/AMLGX/patches/linux/

Anything I forgot to do? Because Mpeg2 is still not working

• If you want to disable MPEG2 in the driver that patch will still work (nothing changed in the driver). One of the HardKernel forum regulars has started to look into it .. but he's still in the early stages of tracing what the code actually does.

• Provide a proper debug log.

The quoted message was not for me, but let me send my log:

https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/3a…f7d54b40441b14f

This is a crash log from the youtube plugin, this occurred after trying to search, however, the same thing often happens after youtube playback is complete when kodi returns to the list. After the crash LibreElec returns to the console and restarts kodi after a few minutes.

Other plugins also randomly cause crashes (e.g. plugin.video.invidious when trying to start a video, or during playback), but then LibreELEC completely crashes/freezes and writes nothing to kodi_crash.log

These problems started in nightly and your images after Feb 12. From my experience with python then upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8 shouldn't cause this kind of problems, if anything it's some syntax error or other exceptions but with every call, and here it happens very often but not every time. Unless under Kodi it works differently than normally running python scripts.

• The Python 3.9 bump is causing issues in a few places - notably one of the caching add-ons that's consumed by some streaming and skin add-ons. It's not anything specific to my images (or LE) and will probably get resolved upstream soon enough.

• I have trouble with DVB on LE10 and LE11. It worked great with LE9 (with "DVB drivers from the latest kernel" activated), but in LE10 and LE11 the video often starts purple/green, sometimes it does not start at all, and sometimes it keeps continuously choppy.

My DVB USB device is a Silicon Labs Si2168 (supported since Linux kernel 3.16) on an Odroid C2 with Tvheadend. IPTV and HEVC HW Decoder work great, but not with DVB.

Is this a DVB driver problem? Should I try to install the CrazyCat TBS drivers? Any ideas?