Posts by Garzie

@ Jo - thanks - i looked there and didnt see a button that brings up teh OSD i need

@ chewitt - thanks again - but when i press pause i get the video progress bar - but not the menu of symbols underneath that i am used to seeing - ie no cog icon

i want to get this menu

https://i.ibb.co/4V8n6gB/Screenshot-20210616-004454.png

but i just get a progress bar like this

https://i.ibb.co/824DZwq/Screenshot-20210616-005159.png

hope that's clearer

perhaps the feature has been turned off in the build i am using - but if so where would i look to switch it back on ?

this may be a stupid question - but maybe some kind person here can set me straight

i have recently installed a kodi 19 build onto my little x96 air box that running the latest stable libreelec - and the same build on the pc based media centre in the lounge running latest LE generic - i am happy with the build in all other respects - but i cannot for the life of me work out how to get the video menu up when in video playback/video paused

the menu i'm looking for is the one that allows you to adjust the zoom amount, volume amplification, etc while in a video playback mode

in all the other builds and skins it defaults to that menu when you pause playback i think

i have looked in skin settings and player settings in system - but cants seem to find where to turn that feature on

what am i missing ??

lol - the sound card i had bought does not fit the motherboard - so that's a non starter - but actually the on board sound is quite impressive so no great shakes

the main thing i am having issues with is getting the LE to boot from USB reliably

during setup of LE i selected - the " run" option to run from USB and use the same 8GB USB for storage also

but the box seems to have a mind of its own - sometimes booting from the USB - sometimes from the HDD - even though i have set the bios for the boot order to be removable drive 1st

but if i disable the HDD in the boot menu in bios - the box fails to boot at all - and just gives a message saying no operating system found

also when it does boot from the USB - each time it goes through the LE USB installation menu asking if i want to run/install/ etc

when i would have thought - once you made a choice - in my case to run from USB - it would remember that setting and skip this step

can any one shed any light on what the behaviour should be and how i can get it to boot from the USB each time ??

much appreciated !!

OK - it worked

libreelec fired up ok and even found and ran the WIFI card just fine

good stuff !!!

i did say it never seems to be a 5minute job for me -

this time the box was not booting up even to a boot screen - and it seems i had a dead stick of Ram and a few red lights on the motherboard - but once i figured out what the issue was and removed the offending stick of RAM it was OK

odd that RAM should die in storage - would have expected something with electrolytic capacitors to fail if anything - but it runs fine with 1 stick of 4gb

having some issues with boot order - even when set to boot from USB first it seems to default to the old xbmc frodo -12.2 on the HDD

want to use it mainly for music - and have a better sound card to install somewhere

does anyone know if i can plug that in after installing libreelec - or will it not search for and install drivers for that if plugged in after initial install

thanks again ! :thumbup:

hi all

I have just got a load of my stuff out from long term storage

one of the things in there was a PC based media centre from a good few years ago - spec below

could any of you kind people let me know if is it possible to run libreelec on this - for mainly music playback

Asus M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 880G Socket AM3 HDMI DVI VGA Out 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition 3.3GHz Socket AM3 80w 7MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX Genesis Grey XMP Memory Kit CL9 1.65V

Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB Hard Drive SATA 5400RPM 32MB Cache - OEM

Samsung SH-B123L 12x BD-ROM DVD±RW DL & RAM Lightscribe SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black

Antec Veris Fusion Black Case - 430watt PSU

much appreciated!! :thumbup:  

very much appreciated! - that worked

is more stable

plays streaming video - and allows skip forward / back

still has the "failed to start configure eth0 mac address" message ( but not a problem for me

still cant figure out how to get it to suspend and awake on the power button - as CoreElec did

has crashed 1 or 2 times - but don't know if that is due to addons i have loaded ....need to play with it some more

can post logs if needed / wanted

thanks again ! :thumbup:

You can update using the .tar file or clean install. Clean install is probably quickest.

OK - did a fresh install on my T95Z plus box - with this nightly box image - and same device tree as before

with the previous img file from 13th - it ran fine - streamed video ok - just had problems with skip forward and back functions - and the suspend behaviour i couldn't figure out

but now now its v unstable - crashes and restarts from Libreelec splash screen every couple of minutes

have tried twice from scratch in case it was me - but still doing it second time around - shame - the file from the 13th was looking v promising

not sure if i can get a log out

I pushed an unclean set of images to the webserver by mistake where Kodi is built against python 3.8 but the OS has python 3.9 so Kodi fails to start. Those images have now been replaced with some corrected ones. The Python 3.9 change is fresh so I won't guarantee all add-ons have been published to the LE repo yet (the bump was in the last 24h). I have no interest in maintaining Matrix images as I have limited time for testing and Nexus better supports the Amlogic codebase.

I've test installed on a C2 and Ethernet works fine for me, see http://ix.io/3PBJ. The u-boot patch you found is still being included pstream, see https://github.com/chewitt/u-boot…ot.dtsi#L32-L36 - and the unknown boot command line is harmless, I'm not aware of any hardware issues with C2 other than the USB ports needing a hack to prevent the driver from autosuspending (which is in my kernel image).

sorry chewitt - not sure i am following - was this for me ?

do i need to do a clean install of my box due to the above issue ?

perfect - got it - will give that a go

appreciate the help :thumbup:

Get the AMLGX "box" image from https://test.libreelec.tv/ .. write to SD card and then edit uEnv.ini to set the dtb name (do not rename the dtb to dtb.img). Insert the SD card and trigger recovery boot again so the LE bootscripts are loaded (else you have CE scripts which look for different files). If all is well it will boot. The "meson-gxm-q200.dtb" device-tree exists and should support most hardware.

OK - that worked :thumbup:

i got a message "[FAILED] failed to start configure eth0 MAC address" on the libreelec splash screen on start up - which i assume is to do with wired network connection - but wireless is working fine so no issue there

i am having odd power button function issues - box boots when power cable is plugged in - and shuts down when power button pressed - but will not boot up again - ie will not respond to power button - LED's remain dim blue - only way to get it to boot up again is to unplug and replug the power cable - have tried adjusting the kodi skin power options to give suspend as the option on power button press - but still does the same in response

steaming 720 video seems to play OK - skip forward or back seems to cause it to freeze - pause works OK