LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.4

• Source: LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.4 – LibreELEC

• I have just upgraded to LibreELEC 9.2.4 from 9.2.3 on an RPi4-4.

The RPi4 Firmware and EEPROM are unchanged:

Bootloader EEPROM (up to date: 2020-04-16)

VIA USB3 Firmware (up to date: 000137ad)

Are these the latest stable releases (no changes)?

Should they be automatically updated, or do I have to download / install something?

I set each switch to ON and re-booted in turn and nothing updated.

If there is a link to how to do this manually, please point me to it.

Thank you to all for the hard work. Especially with all the RPi4 frustrations.

• See Point 11 in 1st post of milhouse kodi forum thread for recent Matrix Kodi 19 testbuilds, as this provides explanation of Critical, Stable and Beta Bootloader and usb3 firmware, along with explanation on how to apply updates via Libreelec settings option and/or manually at own risk etc.

Obviously take care and do not modify if not sure what your doing etc. (not used myself)

My eeprom and usb3 settings according to Libreelec 9.2.4 GUI

And via ssh

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # rpi-eeprom-update
    BCM2711 detected
    Dedicated VL805 EEPROM detected
    BOOTLOADER: up-to-date
    CURRENT: Thu Apr 16 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
    LATEST: Thu Apr 16 17:11:26 UTC 2020 (1587057086)
    FW DIR: /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader/critical
    VL805: up-to-date
    CURRENT: 000137ad
    LATEST: 000137ad

Edited once, last by MikeKL (August 13, 2020 at 6:05 PM).

• Thanks for that, I'll take a look.

I thought I saw that Firmware and EEPROM had been updated when comparing 9.2.3 with 9.2.4 on GitHub. I am not a developer and may have misunderstood.

Thanks again.

• I searched around for a place to put this but, here it is.

I just upgraded from 9.2.3 to 9.2.4 and one thing I have noticed is with un-copyrighted DVDs, it plays normally. However, if you push X to stop and get out of the DVD, the screen will freeze and kodi.bin has to be killed to get back screen control. I don't know if it is safe to downgrade to 9.2.3

• on 9.2.4 (RPi4) the picture disappeared, while there is sound and hdmi cec works fine, I hear how the system reacts to pressing the remote control key, but I see nothing. The TV itself thinks that it is being given a signal, writes that it is there and writes the resolution, but the picture is just black. Changing the hdmi port doesn't help. This also happens when upgrading from 9.2.3 and during a clean install.

• on 9.2.4 (RPi4) the picture disappeared, while there is sound and hdmi cec works fine, I hear how the system reacts to pressing the remote control key, but I see nothing. The TV itself thinks that it is being given a signal, writes that it is there and writes the resolution, but the picture is just black. Changing the hdmi port doesn't help. This also happens when upgrading from 9.2.3 and during a clean install.

Can you please try if this build works LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2-devel-20200817130411-96056bf.tar ?

Just copy it to the Update Windows share and then reboot.

See also this github issue for more info about the bug [BUG] · Issue #4523 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

so long,

Hias