Posts by rewind

Just a thought, I am not a developer or technical person...

Only change in 9.2.5 compared to 9.2.4 is the RPi4 firmware change - both use Kodi Leia 18.8 and we'll release 9.2.5 only for RPi4.

so long,

Hias

In the extremely unlikely event that an emergency bugfix or backport goes into Kodi 18.8 then all LE9.2.n platform versions would go to 9.2.5?

Please consider a suffix for the new RPi4 9.2.4 version such as 9.2.4r1.

This would keep version alignment based on Kodi 18.8 and would allow for further RPi4 emergency firmware / EEPROM / linux releases if absolutely necessary (9.2.4r2, r3 etc.).

A roadmap question (direction of travel - NOT timescales, I appreciate how busy and dedicated you all are).

Will LE 9.2 RPi4 with Kodi 18.8 move to linux 5.4 kernel / firmware / EEPROM or remain at linux 4.19 kernel / firmware / EEPROM?

(Please remember that I am not a developer and have no idea as to the technical feasibility or workload this may involve).

This will impact RPi4 users dependent on Python 2 add-ons that will need to stay with LE 9.2 (until the add-ons are re-developed for Python 3) whilst all ongoing RPi4 developments and improvements will be based on linux 5.4 kernel / firmware / EEPROM.

Really appreciate all the hard work.

Sincere thanks.

I have just upgraded to LibreELEC 9.2.4 from 9.2.3 on an RPi4-4.

The RPi4 Firmware and EEPROM are unchanged:

Bootloader EEPROM (up to date: 2020-04-16)

VIA USB3 Firmware (up to date: 000137ad)

Are these the latest stable releases (no changes)?

Should they be automatically updated, or do I have to download / install something?

I set each switch to ON and re-booted in turn and nothing updated.

If there is a link to how to do this manually, please point me to it.

Thank you to all for the hard work. Especially with all the RPi4 frustrations.

I have LibreELEC 9.2.0 running on a RPi4-4 with sd4tvh without problems.

I am not a developer or technical person so cannot offer that kind of support.

For the support folks, please confirm the following:

In the sd4tvh addon settings in Kodi:

You have entered your SD login details.

You have entered your Post Code and selected a lineup.

You have included / excluded channels in your lineup.

You have enabled the sd4tvh grabber in TVHeadend / Configuration / Channel EPG / EPG Grabber Modules

The grabber can be run manually from TVHeadend / Configuration / Channel EPG / EPG Grabber - Re-run internal grabbers

TVHeadend often needs a re-boot to recognise changes (sometimes 2...).

You can find the settings.xml, filter.cfg, xmltv.xml and sd4tvh.log files in the following folder in your LibreELEC system:

Userdata/addon_data/script.module.sd4tvh

It may be worth having a look (they are text / xml files) to make sure that your settings look OK.

The settings.xml file should contain everything you setup in the Kodi Addon.

The filter.cfg file should contain a list of included and excluded channels.

If that is all OK you need technical help.

Comskip was supposed to be working from kodi 18.5?

not working for me in Le9.2..

Comskip during playback is definitely working for me. LE9.2 - Kodi 18.5.

But.. I couldn't update the TVHeadend Server Addon (still on 1804). The latest version would not start after updating. I have rolled it back for now and will do a clean fresh install at the weekend.

I would say budget for an Official PSU for peace of mind and a proven heatsink or heatsink designed case.

I have RPi4-4 (early release), Pimoroni Heatsink Case, Official PSU and HDHomeRun Connect Quatro running LE 9.1.002 with Kodi 18.3 (18.3 supports commercial skipping, 18.4 does not, 18.5 will).

My main use is PVR, often recording several HD TV programs at the same time, running comskip on all of them afterwards whilst playing a recording (amazing!). Even when running multiple comskips I rarely see temps over 64C and typically between 48C - 52C.

Re: Your Purchase Decision.

It may be too soon to tell...

There is still a long way to go to maximise the efficiency, performance, full function and quality (audio / video) from the RPi4 but the work and achievement so far by all at the RPi Foundation, Kodi, TVHeadend and especially everyone at LibreElec is astonishing and much appreciated.

Every few weeks there is another step forward.

I will be amazed if the quality does not improve further over the coming weeks and months as further updates are released.

I would say budget for an Official PSU for peace of mind and a proven heatsink or heatsink designed case.

I have RPi4-4 (early release), Pimoroni Heatsink Case, Official PSU and HDHomeRun Connect Quatro running LE 9.1.002 with Kodi 18.3 (18.3 supports commercial skipping, 18.4 does not, 18.5 will).

My main use is PVR, often recording several HD TV programs at the same time, running comskip on all of them afterwards whilst playing a recording (amazing!). Even when running multiple comskips I rarely see temps over 64C and typically between 48C - 52C.

There is still a long way to go to maximise the efficiency, performance and full function (audio / video) from the RPi4 but the work and achievement so far by all at the RPi Foundation, Kodi, TVHeadend and especially everyone at LibreElec is astonishing and much appreciated.

Every few weeks there is another major step forward.

Sincere Thanks To All For This.

The OSD (On-Screen Display) during pause has been driving me nuts (obscuring documents and tweets on the news and in documentaries, obscuring sub-titles, spoiling ScreenSaves etc.).

I just implemented this and it has worked a treat.

LibreElec Developers: Please consider making this the default condition in Estuary for LibreElec.

RPi4-4, LibreELEC (official): 9.1.002 (RPi4.arm), Linux 4.19.57 armv7l, Kodi 18.3

I am using txt file output from comskip run as a post-process by TVHeadend on TS video files created with TVHeadend.

I downgraded LE 9.1.501 (Kodi 18.4) to LE 9.1.002 (Kodi 18.3) to get commercial skipping working again.

See Index of /

I found no benefit using EDL files on my RPi4-4 (I tested EDL, EDLx and VDR output from comskip). I found that Kodi Leia 18 was seeing EDL files as video files and entering them into the library causing duplicate entries, so I switched them all off again.

I will test EDL files again when Kodi 18.5 becomes available through LE - as that seems to be the preferred Kodi specification for commercial skipping. See Edit decision list - Official Kodi Wiki.

Hope this helps.