How to Blu-ray?

• OK just swaped from Windows10 to Libreelec due to the constant changes in Win10.

i have a Blu-ray drive and lots of blu-ray disks. how to i get blu-ray to work?

i think i have installed MakeMKV its in my add-ons but when i insert a disc it recognises it but going to disc>open disc it does nothing?

happy to pay for an add-on that works i just want to be able to view my Blu-ray discs?

PLEASE HELP

runinng on x64 machine with LE9.2.3

• Hi,

I'm also trying to be able to play my blurays through libreelec (9.2.3) on my Pi3.

I've followed the instructions kindly posted by Chewitt and have checked that the keydb file is located correctly.

However, have tried numerous blurays and I just get a message to say that disc cannot be played as it is encrypted.

Trying to work out if I've missed something?

Thanks for any help

• Hi chewitt,

Thanks for the reply...

Doesn't seem to be the issue. I've just tested by building Kodi on a redundant PC and the discs play ok...

Anything else I could try?

• Official Post

On a PC there are underlying code mechanisms to verify and play BR media and Kodi will leverage those frameworks. There is no equivalent on Linux (there are no Legal or certified players for Linux) hence libaacs exists and attempts to plug the gap. Unlike Windows where everything just works, libaacs depends on someone making the effort to dump the keys for a disc and submitting them to the database

• On a PC there are underlying code mechanisms to verify and play BR media and Kodi will leverage those frameworks. There is no equivalent on Linux (there are no Legal or certified players for Linux) hence libaacs exists and attempts to plug the gap. Unlike Windows where everything just works, libaacs depends on someone making the effort to dump the keys for a disc and submitting them to the database

Thanks chewitt, I appreciate you taking the time to reply and explain the difference as to why it might be working on windows. I'll keep trying though. I've put in 25 blu rays now and all have failed!!!!!! Do you think it's worth my trying a clean build too? I haven't done a clean build for a couple of years, just been upgrading from my existing one.

• ...hum....seems I got the same issue here.

Maybe we can finazlize the thread by solvng the issue. My current logfile can be accessed here:

http://ix.io/2AUH

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I do agree with this being a problem with 9.2 specifically for BP+ discs. The logfile that The_SMU posted though is not a debug log.

Below is a portion of what I captured on my system showing the failure in bdplus_init().

I haven't checked if this was corrected in 10, but that would be the next step is to confirm if this is still a problem with the latest.

• I've been moved the thread from Off-Topic to Bug Reports to generate more attention.

smf007

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That runs through a few blurays. Last two are BD+, the BD+ is detected, the BD+ library is found, but it ends up flagged as BD+ not handled.