Can't set up tvheadend server

• I just installed Kodi on a Pi4. I intend to use it as a backend for a QuadHD usb tuner.

I was under the impression Tvheadend is pre-installed. However, when I tried to follow the directions on Tvheadend - Official Kodi Wiki to configure it with the web server I get a can't connect error from Firefox. I know the Pi is connected to the network because I can connect to it with SSH. I confirmed I have the correct internal IP for the Pi and the correct port. I found several posts about similar problems, but none of the suggestions worked I read one post that said it was installed, but not activated. However, I didn't find the activation setting where he said it would be. I'm a newbie to both Kodi and Linux, so please keep instructions simple.MORE INFORMATION! I just noticed an error poping up while the add-ons load. It said "communications error, can't connect to Tvheadend". since the error didn't specify if the problem was with the server or client, I uninstalled the client. that error wend away, but I now get 2 others."communications error Tvheadend HTSP client inactive or not installed. I checked the logs and the contained nothing. strange, since I've also been getting an error saying "forum browser, check the log for more information" The pi was connected to a wired ethernet connection with internet when I got these comm errors.

Edited once, last by NOLAguy (June 15, 2020 at 3:12 AM).

• Be welcome!

try another tvheadend.

Perhaps the latest one will work, it will solve your problem.

Tvheadend nightly builds for LibreELEC

in your case raspberry pi 4

RPi4-service.tvheadend42-4.3-1885.zip

in the browser use: ip_raspberry_4:9981

Tvheadend is in the repository, LibreELEC, Services. (More needs to be installed).

Maybe it helps you!

step by step.

1. Install TVheadend add-ons

From main Kodi menu:
    Add-ons - Install from repository - LibreELEC Add-ons - Services - Tvheadend Server 4.2 - Install
    Then:
    Add-ons - Install from repository - LibreELEC Add-ons - PVR clients - Tvheadend HTSP Client - Install
    No configuration on the LibreELEC box is required.

2. Configure TVheadend from a PC/Mac

Find the IP address of your LibreELEC box. From main Kodi menu:
    Settings - System information
    On a PC/Mac using a web browser visit IP:9981 (for example, 192.168.0.1:9981)
    The first screen allows you to select interface and EPG language.
    Select relevant languages and select Save & Next.

Edited 6 times, last by erbas (June 15, 2020 at 3:28 AM).

• > I get a can't connect error from Firefox.

Do you have any Firefox Add-ons that might by default block the connection, such as NoScript? If so be sure to configure these add-ons to permit access to the IP address of your Tvheadend web server.

• Problem solved! Thanks erbas! I was relying on an apparently out of date website info that said tvheadend was pre-installed in Librelec after searching for it in add-ons but failing to find it. erbas told me where to find it. I'm logged into the configuration right now.