Posts by NOLAguy

Edit: just noticed a glitch in Kodi's Settings -> System Info screen, it only shows ~3.6GB total memory. Running "free" or "top" show correct numbers.

so long,

Hias

Do you know if the rest of the ram is usable? Can Librelec even make use of that much ram? I have Librelec running on the Pi4 8gig, but doubt that much ram even does any good..

Since my WinTV QuadHD-usb tuner setup was a failure (I didn't notice it was just the PCI-E version that was supported in Linux) I've decided to go with Siliconedust Homerun connects. and Librelec on a Pi 4. I already have a Duo I used to use it with WMC, and would like to purchase a Quatro. I'll be using a USB 3, external hard drive. Will the Pi be able to handle the recording? I don't plan to use the Pi for viewing. I'll use a Linux pc for that. Will the USB3 HD handle 6 recordings and 1 viewing? Will I have to upgrade my network switch to gig switch?

http://ix.io/2pn4

Please go ahead and look, but I just heard back from Hauppauge. They said only Ubuntu supports the quadHD. So unless the support is really new and the Hauppauge tech didn't hear about it yet, I doubt it loaded anything. I might have to go back to trying to get Ubuntu server to work. I had it running with Tvheadend only, but That setup didn't see the tuner either.

I just installed Librelec with the Tvheadend server on a RPi 4, 8gig. I am using a WinTV quadHD-USB tuner 175100LF rev B1jo Not sure what that number is, it's printed on the tuner. When I tried to configure Tvheadend it did not see the tuner. The tuner shows up in lsusb. Here are the tree lines that display after plugging it in.

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 2040:846d Hauppauge

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 2040:846d Hauppauge

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 04e2:0404 Exar Corp.

And here is the link to my log file http://ix.io/2piM

At first I was sure it was on the Linux support list, but then noticed that it was the pci-e version that was on the list, along with the dualHD-usb tuner. can someone look at my log file and tell me if the driver is installing? Does anyone know if there is a driver available? Thanks for your help!

Problem solved! Thanks erbas! I was relying on an apparently out of date website info that said tvheadend was pre-installed in Librelec after searching for it in add-ons but failing to find it. erbas told me where to find it. I'm logged into the configuration right now.

I just installed Kodi on a Pi4. I intend to use it as a backend for a QuadHD usb tuner.

I was under the impression Tvheadend is pre-installed. However, when I tried to follow the directions on Tvheadend - Official Kodi Wiki to configure it with the web server I get a can't connect error from Firefox. I know the Pi is connected to the network because I can connect to it with SSH. I confirmed I have the correct internal IP for the Pi and the correct port. I found several posts about similar problems, but none of the suggestions worked I read one post that said it was installed, but not activated. However, I didn't find the activation setting where he said it would be. I'm a newbie to both Kodi and Linux, so please keep instructions simple.MORE INFORMATION! I just noticed an error poping up while the add-ons load. It said "communications error, can't connect to Tvheadend". since the error didn't specify if the problem was with the server or client, I uninstalled the client. that error wend away, but I now get 2 others."communications error Tvheadend HTSP client inactive or not installed. I checked the logs and the contained nothing. strange, since I've also been getting an error saying "forum browser, check the log for more information" The pi was connected to a wired ethernet connection with internet when I got these comm errors.