Dolby Atmos - TrueHD - Raspberry Pi 4b possible?

• chewitt

Tanks, but im confused. Reason:

Current plan is to release official Alphas for RPi4 along with the other Alpha builds.

RPi2/3 releases will probably follow later as there's a major issue in the video driver (screen going blank). Once that's fixed RPi2 alpha builds will follow.

so long,

Hias

• HEVC has been working for months (H264 is/was the hold-up). 4K is working now (not 4K60, but that's will be along eventually). HDR is complicated but will come. Upstreaming will take time.. but getting it all working comes first. We aren't going to do a formal Pi release for LE10 out of an abundance of caution (we have hundreds of thousands of Pi users) but things are moving along nicely..

thanks again for the update! so obv i misunderstood.. this sounds a lot more promising :)

as soon as HDR is in i suppose users will be pouring in so i get the "cautious approach" to releasing. anyway looking forward!

• HEVC has been working for months (H264 is/was the hold-up). 4K is working now (not 4K60, but that's will be along eventually). HDR is complicated but will come. Upstreaming will take time.. but getting it all working comes first. We aren't going to do a formal Pi release for LE10 out of an abundance of caution (we have hundreds of thousands of Pi users) but things are moving along nicely..

So movies in 4k works, HDR not working but dolby atmos works on newest nightly?

• So... I dont have a lot of movies in 4k with HDR and Atmos but... every dolby atmos sample is working greate! Two movies with HDR and atmos working also greate so FINALLY im very happy of raspberry pi ;) unfortunately vpn manager and transmission addons dont work so im still looking forward ;)

• I tried Dolby Atmos files with a nightly build a couple of month ago and they worked for me. I then took a break and now that it is available I installed 10.0.0 for the Pi 4 and noticed that with the (hopefully) same passthrough settings Atmos sound does not reach my receiver. Is it not yet in the stable release (do I need to stay on nightly builds for this to work atm)?

• I tried Dolby Atmos files with a nightly build a couple of month ago and they worked for me. I then took a break and now that it is available I installed 10.0.0 for the Pi 4 and noticed that with the (hopefully) same passthrough settings Atmos sound does not reach my receiver. Is it not yet in the stable release (do I need to stay on nightly builds for this to work atm)?

UPDATE

Nevermind.

Started working after inserting cable to hdmi1.

Weird.

----

Same here. Testing on RPI4.

Installed latest official v10. Enabled Audio Passthrough (didn't change anything else). Doesn't work. Only Stereo gets to my AVR.

Switched "DTS support" ON and then DTS appeared on my AVR screen. Not DTS-HD.

File is DTS-HD.

Repeated same with latest nightly - same.

Normally my receiver shows either DTS-HD or MULTI CH INPUT on the display.

So is DTS-HD ir audio passthrough officially supported or not?

Edited 2 times, last by bat0nas (November 1, 2021 at 9:43 PM).

• It's been a while but an answer/situation update would still be welcome for this.

• Did you enabled it at Kodi (advanced settings!) ?

I enabled "Allow Passthrough" and checked all the boxes in the "Passthrough output devices" section (which does not feature Atmos separately). Is there anything else I need to configure?
    The PCM symbol on my receiver lights up, but the Atmos symbol doesn't.