RPi4 testbuild with HDR support

• Go to Best Answer
  • I test this build with my Full HD TV (Non HDR) cause i want to know if HDR files has correct color representation.

Cant get a feedback, still hope in future it is possible ;)

THANKS ALL for your good work!

• One question, what level logging should be enabled to be help. Is default logging setting adequate?

As usual: a debug log (eg with <loglevel>1</loglevel> in advancedsettings.xml) and a full pastekodi log (pastekodi script or use the logfile uploader function in LE settings).

so long,

Hias

• I have network problem. Over wifi it locks up after play a few minutes or seconds. Then it very slowly buffers and little circle loads to about 10 or 14, etc. Then its just stuck frozen.

The exact same files will stream on normal build no problem.

I will hook-up ethernet to test further.

http://ix.io/20v1

• Same issue when wired.

Played Dunkirk HDR and it was choppy and no sound, then stopped.

Played Bladerunner 2049 HDR it goes for a minute or so then froze and went back to kodi. It then stayed frozen in menu for several minutes.

I reboot all networking hardware and it persisted.

Playing 1080p movie comparable size (bigger than Dunkirk) and it streaming fine.

http://ix.io/2Ovi I cant tell if link shortener is saying O or 0. I attach logs.

• Please do a fresh install with the latest nightly on a separate card and then update with the tar in this thread - upgrading from 9.2 is not supported.

so long,

Hias

• Please do a fresh install with the latest nightly on a separate card and then update with the tar in this thread - upgrading from 9.2 is not supported.

so long,

Hias

Thats what i did this morning, went from LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210130-0b9711c to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel-20210205165343-b642f3c but HDR wont kick in for me when testing. everything else works fine but no HDR. works fine for the rest of my equipment and UHD mode etc is enabled.

Will test around some more but atm no luck.

so long,

Hias

So i should install 9.80 newest nightly on my SD card, then update with tar file from this theread?

Any FAQ how to install nightly? With libreelec SD creator?

• Thats what i did this morning, went from LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20210130-0b9711c to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel-20210205165343-b642f3c but HDR wont kick in for me when testing. everything else works fine but no HDR. works fine for the rest of my equipment and UHD mode etc is enabled.

Will test around some more but atm no luck.

Not much we can do about it unless you post logs. Please also post the edid of your screen - run:

Code
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid > edid.dat

and attach the edid.dat file

so long,

Hias

• WIFI 5GHz

bladerunner it buffer at couple minutes but them continue to play. Skip ahead and kodi crash (black screen with build number) back to GUI. TV stuck in HDR mode back in GUI.

Wifi dunkirk, buffer every couple minutes, load then play on.

WIRED

Froze with blue screen for several minutes then came to life when trying to access files.

bladerunner buffered at start, crashed back to GUI in a minute and was unresponsive, had to unplug to reboot.

dunkirk played ok for two minutes then buffering and stuttering.

try the revenant and it stutters too. this file under 20GB.

http://ix.io/2OvS (and attached)

When does play it is doing HDR.

• From you log file it looks like you have a broken ethernet cable, the network link is constantly breaking down and coming up again. Please create a separate thread if you can not solve that issue (eg by replacing the cable).

so long,

Hias