[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• Try running a Linux Distro in live mode from a usb key. It will not harm your Windows install and it will allow you to access the other partition on your SD card and hopefully save your userdata folder so you can stuff it back later using the same method or with Windows over the network through LibreELEC's samba share of said folder(s). ... With a Win 10 machine you might need to find a Linux Distro that supports EUFI Booting.

Oh, this is a good idea! I actually have a laptop running Ubuntu that I keep around for stuff like this (reading/writing/copying between stuff like OSX Journal drives and NTFS, etc). Hopefully that partition isn't damaged or corrupted. So all I need to back up is a folder called userdata?

• So all I need to back up is a folder called userdata?

Yes but i think you might have to install your favorite skins and addons BEFORE overwriting the newly created userdata folder with the one you backed up. Once you push your backup and reboot I am thinking all will be as it should.. please note I am not a developer, I do not pretend to be accomplished in this area. But logic would dictate it should work. Its much like backing up and restoring a windows user profile (which I do know about hehe)

• I was using my MK808B+ with 2011, 2012 and 2013 models with no issues. Please try using a different HDMI cable. It is also possible that your MK808B+ is a bit faulty.

Unfortunately there is no point in grabbing logs, I did a pretty intensive CEC debugging session back in 2016 and in current state it's the best what I can get.

Please also look at the first post: I am not working on these builds any more (lack of time). The only update S805 devices will get is a bump to Kodi Leia (soonish)

Any idea on when the new version for Leia will be release.

Thanks again for your work kszaq!

• Hi everyone. I have tried to boot MXQ build from SD Card on my Minix X6 (S805 chip, m201 board). On boot there was no HDMI signal, BUT I've tried to reach it over network and SAMBA WAS WORKING, that means that system booted up normally. I've tried to connect via ssh but with no luck, I guess ssh is disabled by default.

Anyone knows what can I do to figure out why there is no hdmi signal?

I've tried every build from this topic, and MXQ build was the only one that booted up (on any other I could not see SAMBA working, that's the only fact on which I can rely if system is working or not without hdmi output)

• Hello! I did the installation on the taped Nand on my K1 Plus and did not back up the android system! Is there any way to get back to the android system ??

Thank you in advance for your attention.

• Hello! I did the installation on the taped Nand on my K1 Plus and did not back up the android system! Is there any way to get back to the android system ??

Thank you in advance for your attention.

You can usually download this from the manufacturer's website. I had a quick google for the "K1 Plus firmware" and found a few hits, but all for S905 chips. Yours definitely S805?

• You can usually download this from the manufacturer's website. I had a quick google for the "K1 Plus firmware" and found a few hits, but all for S905 chips. Yours definitely S805?

Hi thakyou for our time! Chips 905S, but as I said I did Flash Nand without backing up, does not recognize the original firmware, is only in the logo and does not come out of it?

• Hi thakyou for our time! Chips 905S, but as I said I did Flash Nand without backing up, does not recognize the original firmware, is only in the logo and does not come out of it?

I'm no expert, but if you're getting the logo still then sounds like the bootloader is still fine. Try re-flashing the Android NAND again, sometimes it doesn't work first time, or try downloading one from a different source in case the one you got was corrupt/incorrectly labelled. When I googled it I found at least 2 different download sources for the Android NAND of your system. If still no luck then I'd recommend posting your issue on an Android forum as you'll have a greater chance of getting a resolution.

• I'm no expert, but if you're getting the logo still then sounds like the bootloader is still fine. Try re-flashing the Android NAND again, sometimes it doesn't work first time, or try downloading one from a different source in case the one you got was corrupt/incorrectly labelled. When I googled it I found at least 2 different download sources for the Android NAND of your system. If still no luck then I'd recommend posting your issue on an Android forum as you'll have a greater chance of getting a resolution.

Very thank you !!! I try it's here, getting success put to help others!

• Thanks Kostaman

I thought that Kodi 17 Dev was stopped and there will be a S805 Version for Kodi 18

I am sorry ton hear that

Anyone is aware of S805 librelect build under Kodi 18

Cheers

Nothing about at the moment..... I have personally tried updating this build to 8.2.5 but ran into problems all the time so stopped for awhile.......

If i could of done that i would of tried LE9.0/Kodi 18

• Hello,

I use 8.2.3.1-MXQ (S805.arm) on my MK808B Plus for years...

In the latest days I have a problem with a process that take about >90% CPU, all time

After a reboot the process in few minutes back to take CPU as before

The process is: kworker/u8:3

What can I do?

I use my mk808b plus as mediaplayer and torrent machine for years without problems.

Thanks

Edit:

I find the problem.

After deleting a big file the problem was solver, in fact my external disk space was over...

There was a side problem:

my 'df' command show me wrong sizes:

/dev/sda1 961300808 543423300 369023136 60% /var/media/RASPEXT

after the command 'fsck -y /dev/sda1'

now the free space is correct:

/dev/sda1 961300808 905838284 6608152 99% /var/media/RASPEXT

Thanks!

Edited once, last by xitpu: Solution find (July 23, 2018 at 11:17 AM).

• I put HD18Q" build on a sd card (using the LE sd creator) but when I attempt to boot from it my MXQ box displays the LE logo & hangs with the message - can't access tty; job control turned off. Any ideas?

• Temporarily please use http instead of https for downloading:

Index of /s805/8.2.3.1/

Unfortunately currently there are no plans for Kodi 18 build as I stopped releasing anything after 8.2.

I understand, thanks for the link. It is normal that I do not leave the PVR clients in the repositories, I can not find the PVR Simple Client and it does not connect the Libreelec repository