[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• Installed 8.1.9 on my old Mk808b+ and everything is working ok!

but all my actions seem a bit slower than 7.0.3.3d.
    is that just my config (skin etc.) or is 8 more demanding over all?

• update to 8.1.4... sadly CEC keeps disconnecting randomly ;(

cartucho Did you ever get CEC to work reliably with S805?

I recently learned my old S805 MXQ box that I gave away months ago has been losing CEC some time (a few minutes) after reboot. The box is nowadays connected to a 2010/2011 C6700 series Samsung TV but back when I still had it, CEC was working fine with a couple of years newer ES7000 series model). Last I heard losing the CEC connection was still present with 8.1.6 build.

• autostart.sh has nothing to do with the changes I made:

• you added a switch to "hotplug" governor in autostart.sh
    • I added it in the platform_init script
    • the update will not modify your autostart.sh file
    • there is nothing wrong with "hotplug" governor being set 2 times

kszaq

Box has been running great but today for other reasons I wiped the box and started fresh. This also wiped my autostart.sh file with the Governor. Since I am running 8.1.9 and you added it to platform_init I figured didnt need the Autostart. Well my box now locks up again every 5-8 mins so I added it back to autostart and all good again. Are you sure hotplug governor is really working in Platform ? Mine is the Fake M201d. MXQ

• Box has been running great but today for other reasons I wiped the box and started fresh. This also wiped my autostart.sh file with the Governor. Since I am running 8.1.9 and you added it to platform_init I figured didnt need the Autostart. Well my box now locks up again every 5-8 mins so I added it back to autostart and all good again. Are you sure hotplug governor is really working in Platform ? Mine is the Fake M201d. MXQ

The "fix" is applied only in m201d builds. I think I may add it to 8.1.10 for all targets to prevent other boxes from freezing.

Would it be possible to handle 2560x1080 @ 60Hz

Not possible: S805 Datasheet.

• Yes I always use the m201d build that is the only one that works in my MXQ 512 Meg Ram box. But without the autostart.sh governor

it will lockup after 5 mins of just moving through Menu's. With the autostart.sh present with the Governor it works fine.

That is why I question the fix in 8.1.9.

• Hi again kszaq. Once again, thank you for your wonderful work. Just a question - have you by any chance a timeline to incorporate Kodi 18? I would like to try Amazon Video but have heard that it now requires the DRM support in Kodi 18 which cannot be backported to Kodi 17? I would also like to try out the retroplayer support in Kodi 18. I am currently using Wintermute's fantastic Advanced Emulator Launcher, which works great, but cannot control volume etc.

By the way, is there any reason why the LibreELEC folk do not use your patches to support S805 devices? Seems a missed opportunity. I tried "transplanting" some of your 8.2 code on to the 9.0 versions but ended up in a complete mess... :P

• 8.1.10 posted in OP. The freezing fix is now applied to all builds.

A little announcement: I am going for holidays and I won't provide any support for the next 10-14 days.

• Just tested 8.1.10 on the troublesome M201D still the same locks up for me just moving around the menus

Only pulling the power lead will get it going again but locks up after a couple of minutes again

• Just tested 8.1.10 on the troublesome M201D still the same locks up for me just moving around the menus

Only pulling the power lead will get it going again but locks up after a couple of minutes again

I have the same problem but if I add the AutoStart.sh to the folder exactly like this lockups go away. I also have the MXQ M201D troublesome box.

(

echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

) &

Also I have another problem Box that only works with the 8.1.5a with the above autostart.sh. These boxes are unpredictable and each one is unique. Please try 8.1.5a with the Autostart.sh I am sure that will work for you.

Edited once, last by NINJAIII (October 8, 2017 at 5:22 PM).

• Yeah i've done that it's still the same for me

EDIT: Actually it is running better it was locking up but after a reboot and disabling background fan art it seems to be okay.

• Hi,

i can not play mp4 files over 1GB in the network. With the version LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.0-8.0.2e-HD18Q has still worked. Everything does not work anymore.

Whether with my s905 or s805 box.