[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hey Auxbox good to see you here and trust you are well mate. With your known technical knowledge of compiling Linux based builds I am certain you can be a great help here in this forum my friend.

Yes that is the correct .dtb device tree file for S905X boxes though not all makes and models will be fully compatible. I am not 100% but have3 a freind on here who you will know of old who uses a NExbox with LE8 but I believe it is an S905 box not the newer S905X version that you have.

Personally I use the very nneat and fast and compatible Beelinkg MXIII II S905X box and other than having to installtointernal twice it is excellent and works brilliantly wiht both the MM and Nougat kernal LE8 builds but note I do not have a UHD TV so can only test up to 1080 res of course.

Hey Ray, have you moved to these builds now?

Everything works really well with just the very odd crash. Kszaq has done some really good work to bring Libreelec to these devices.

This latest build using the Marshmallow kernel has a darker picture in my opinion which is not that bad. Loving the addition of the LibreSSL libraries as i can now use the catchup tv addons in my country. Other than the this slow wifi problem on my device, which is hardly noticeable except the odd buffer while watching a movie, i'm really happy with it.

Edited once, last by AuXBoX (June 12, 2017 at 4:41 AM).

• kszaq

Is the plan to release 8.0.2b-tN N>=1 'test' images in order to eventually end up with final 8.0.2b? I imagine 't' in 't1' stands for 'test'.

I ask because I wonder if I can wait until 'final' 8.0.2b to build a 64bit varsion.

Thanks for your amazing work.

• Anyone else not seeing wifi show up on TX3 Pro box with this new build?

Tried multiple boxes with no wifi networks showing up. They do show up on android OS tho.

• Hi guys and kszaq,

Unfortunately, I found a bug/an sound issue regarding some videos,

but not all. I realized it, when I tried to watch the series Orange is the

New Black (new season 5). Also, I found it, when trying to watch webcam

video streams. The video is running normally, but the sound is like high-

pitched/fast and broken.

So, I thought first, it has to do with the newest 8.0.2b-t1, but that was not

the case.

I went back to 8.0.1l-mm and there it happens, too. I guessed, it has to do

with the reactivated MM kernel.

But with 8.0.1l (with Nougat kernel) the issue still occured.

Finally, I found the last working version was 8.0.1k. There the sound issue

does not appear with exact the same files. No breaks, no high-pitch/fast

play.

I guess, one of those is the culprit:

Kodi:

• updated to ce4d3ba
    • added PR#12074 to lower CPUGPU load when idle (thanks @peak3d and koen)
    • added the latest lateframes and VSync patches from afl1 after positive reports from users
    • fixed picture freezing after HD->SD channel switch

reverted some experimental kernel audio patches

reverted a CEC patch that caused it not to work sometimes

merged all upstream LE 8.0 changes

But I have got no clue, of course.

Greetings,

sYCO

• Hey Auxbox good to see you here and trust you are well mate. With your known technical knowledge of compiling Linux based builds I am certain you can be a great help here in this forum my friend.

Yes that is the correct .dtb device tree file for S905X boxes though not all makes and models will be fully compatible. I am not 100% but have3 a freind on here who you will know of old who uses a NExbox with LE8 but I believe it is an S905 box not the newer S905X version that you have.

Personally I use the very nneat and fast and compatible Beelinkg MXIII II S905X box and other than having to installtointernal twice it is excellent and works brilliantly wiht both the MM and Nougat kernal LE8 builds but note I do not have a UHD TV so can only test up to 1080 res of course.

Hey Ray, I have the same Beelink 905X box as you, but have stayed with the 8.0.1.I build. Do you notice any major differences with upgrading to 8.0.2b? Should I just stay where I'm to?

TIA

• How can i fix the time problem? if i reboot the time wil stay oke.. if i power of the box from the remote the time never will return... and will always show 1:00... and if the time is not set you can not use any addon.

• Hi guys!

8.0.2b -- I have a driver of external DVB issue. Connected a dvb-S2 tuner to box and wasn't able to find it in tvheadend:

Code
    MiniMX:~ # dmesg | grep dvb
    [  438.155759@0] dvb-usb: found a 'Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
    [  438.162047@0] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-SkyStar_USB_HD_FW_v17_63.HEX.fw'
    [  438.179884@2] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_technisat_usb2
    [  438.295941@0] dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
    [  440.338563@0] dvb-usb: found a 'Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2)' in warm state.
    [  440.339403@0] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [  440.340130@0] dvb-usb: Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2) error while loading driver (-12)
  • if i set the time server it will work//.... after reboot its back to 1:00

i use nl.pool.ntp.org

You can also set the ntp server settings in the router if the router supports this function. In my case, need not set the ntp server in the set -top box and the time is correct each time the set is booted up.

• 8.0.2b posted in OP. Changelog in short: performance improvements. :)

Thanks for another great update Kszaq.

Just FYI it seems the S905/options and S912/options files are pointing to kernel hash 1286521 which doesn't seem to exists and compilation fails.