[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• when I go to Settings -> Libreelec -> the System tab is blank.

Is there a way to reset the settings from ssh?
    I setted a custom update channel and now it doesn't open anymore.
    [hr]

solved by deleting the custom channel in
    Userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml

It worked for me also. But, If I insert again a custom channel, the whole "system" screen goes blank again. It happens since k release. Any idea of why?

• Sorry, 8.0.1l-mm build doesn't work for me. Krypton colors are just beautiful on Nougat kernel. Or just normal. On MM kernel they look washed out. Yes, the GUI it is faster on 8.0.1l-mm but colors are too dark. So I'll go forward with builds with Nougat kernel.

• Krypton colors are just beautiful on Nougat kernel. Or just normal. On MM kernel they look washed out.

Can you take a comparison picture with a camera?

Yes, the GUI it is faster on 8.0.1l-mm but colors are too dark. So I'll go forward with builds with Nougat kernel.

Hmm?
    Are the colors washed out or too dark?
    That is kind of a contradiction...

• The threat using LE is very low. The patch is included in 8.0.1l (and of course 8.0.1l-mm) build.

OK, thanks for the info.

I don't worry much but, when I advertise your builds to friends and family, I want to have all the facts :)

• Ok, I"ll get back with some pics, not tonight, it's the UEFA League's Final :), and I"ve already restored 8.0.1l build (Nougat). Yeah, you are wright, the colors are too dark not washed out. Not a native English speaker, my bad.

• Well, they are definitely too dark in the menus before you started the first video (with enabled hardware acceleration).
    That has been known forever...

• Can you take a comparison picture with a camera?

Hmm?
    Are the colors washed out or too dark?
    That is kind of a contradiction...

In the "mm" build the colors are not consistent. Sometimes, on a given sample clip, they are normal, sometimes washed out and sometimes overly saturated.

I've played several HDR and non-HDR HEVC Kodi sample videos. Sony's HDR Camp clip, for example triggers the oversaturation on other (Patagonia) sample. If I play "The Life of Pi" or Astra's video — they restore the colors to normal.

Sometimes Sony's camp looks more realistic and sometimes too reddish, but the HDR effect always presents.

• Marshmallow kernel has issues with HDR videos and S905X. On the other hand there are less issues with display and playback than on my Frankenstein MM-Nougat kernel so for now I will keep using MM kernel for my builds. If I have some time, I may try building releases with "full" Nougat kernel (no timeframe for this, it's done when it's done).

• In the "mm" build the colors are not consistent. Sometimes, on a given sample clip, they are normal, sometimes washed out and sometimes overly saturated.

I've played several HDR and non-HDR HEVC Kodi sample videos. Sony's HDR Camp clip, for example triggers the oversaturation on other (Patagonia) sample. If I play "The Life of Pi" or Astra's video — they restore the colors to normal.

Sometimes Sony's camp looks more realistic and sometimes too reddish, but the HDR effect always presents.

Yeap, something like that but I didnt explain in a techsavyy manner :( Oh, well, I will wait for full Nougat kernel (my box it's S905x so MM kernel maybe not a good choice right now).

• In the "mm" build the colors are not consistent. Sometimes, on a given sample clip, they are normal, sometimes washed out and sometimes overly saturated.

BT.2020 content is not there yet, no.

However, regular 1080p / BT.709 content is always fine in the MM-builds - reliably.
    No matter the codec - AVC or HEVC.

• i tried to install latest version on my KII Pro. but it is giving me Bootloop issue.

I dont know why. it is happening especially when i am trying to restore the addons backes up in 9.0.1k version. i tried the l and l.mm version. it is the same.

Any idea why it is happening like this ? has anyone encountered this issue or is it just me ?

• BT.2020 content is not there yet, no.

However, regular 1080p / BT.709 content is always fine in the MM-builds - reliably.
    No matter the codec - AVC or HEVC.

I'm completely agree with you. Beyond on Netflix I got no UHD content in the present. So the behaviour I mentioned above is not currently bothering me.

Edited 2 times, last by alexeiyo (May 25, 2017 at 6:13 AM).

• Sorry, 8.0.1l-mm build doesn't work for me. Krypton colors are just beautiful on Nougat kernel. Or just normal. On MM kernel they look washed out. Yes, the GUI it is faster on 8.0.1l-mm but colors are too dark. So I'll go forward with builds with Nougat kernel.

I agree with Garcea,,,nougat kernel is best because of beautiful picture quality and enhance colours, brightness. I will definitely go-to with nougat kernel..MM kernel does not work for me because of low brghtness and contrast level...mm kernel is useless...I love to use nougat kernel..