[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have a MiniMx 1GB 8GB connected to a 40-inch samsung. Now I'm using version 8.0.1h. I have a problem with hdmi cec: the tv turns on properly when I turn the box on, but every now and then, it happens that when i turn it off, the tv goes out first, then the box, but then the tv resumes and stays on. Do I have to set something in hdmi cec?

Update to 8.0.1j.

• New j version still stutter sometimes (about one frame every 3-4 minutes noticeable)
    When needed I upload log.

Try 8.0.1i version, there was only LiveTV LipSync issue. For normal playback there is more relax late frame discarding. In 8.0.1j kszaq revert this patch to previous versions.

• also running latest version, could provide a sample of your file?

It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.
    I cannot give you sample, because the official sample to small (only 1 minute), and the movie is big.
    Operation.Mekong.2016.1080p.x264.TrueHD.5.1 14.69 GB

Edited once, last by CvH (May 3, 2017 at 11:28 AM).

• It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.
    I cannot give you sample, because the official sample to small (only 1 minute), and the movie is big.

If we're speaking about local playback, mind that some I/O might be running in background, limiting the SD card read speed. Thus your card might become the bottleneck while playing back.
    I've experienced exactly the same issue and after installing to internal storage the playback became visibly absolutely smooth. The reason for that is that the internal storage is (generally) faster than SD card.

• It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.

just finished a 1080p.DTS. 8GB with no issues.

let me try to get one of their releases for test. what is the last working LE8 that worked for you?

• If we're speaking about local playback, mind that some I/O might be running in background, limiting the SD card read speed. Thus your card might become the bottleneck while playing back.
    I've experienced exactly the same issue and after installing to internal storage the playback became visibly absolutely smooth. The reason for that is that the internal storage is (generally) faster than SD card.

I play movie over a gigabit lan from synology nas, and gigabit capable mini mx s905
    [hr]

just finished a 1080p.DTS. 8GB with no issues.

let me try to get one of their releases for test. what is the last working LE8 that worked for you?

I don't remember exactly, but i think no one of LE8 build worked perfectly for me.
    The 7.0.3.12j was perfect.
    The microstutter hard to see, because only one frameskipped over every x minute. When the skip is near static screen (no fast moving) the you cannot observe that.

Edited once, last by envagyok (May 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM).

• But just to make sure this is not throughput-related, you may try to play one of the "problematic" files locally, thus excluding the LAN factor.

When I change sdcard from LE8 to LE7 sd, the same device play the same movie from the same source without problem