[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hello,
    After updating a mini mx 1gb 8gb, from version 7.0.3.012 to 8.0.1h, the remote control button does not turn off the box, turns it on but does not turn it off. I also tried configuring it with key map editor but nothing. Did someone happen?

Do a fresh Install of LE 8
    I have exact same box that turns on and off.
    I did fresh install. Running LE 8.0.1g from SD Card.

• Do a fresh Install of LE 8
    I have exact same box that turns on and off.
    I did fresh install. Running LE 8.0.1g from SD Card.

I installed it on nand .... sorry but with the translator I do not understand ... you have my own box and with the version 8.0.0g SD card, the remote control turns on and off the box?

• Hi All,

can anyone please advise if a SD / USB install method of LibreElec will work on a M8S+ - S905X Box? Are there any guides I can follow?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by JayBee (April 27, 2017 at 8:28 AM).

• Hi.
    Yesterday picked up Sunvell T95x from a post office.
    The only problem I got is non-working WiFi.
    It is 2GB/8GB s905x box. Have tried installing without generic dtb.img, with gxl_p212_2g.dtb, and with T95X_dtb.img from [S905] Device trees and still no WiFi.
    Can anybody help me, please?
    Thanks.

• Yesterday picked up Sunvell T95x from a post office.
    The only problem I got is non-working WiFi.
    It is 2GB/8GB s905x box. Have tried installing without generic dtb.img, with gxl_p212_2g.dtb, and with T95X_dtb.img from [S905] Device trees and still no WiFi.

Please identify your wlan chip by either opening the box and reading the label or by installing a terminal software in android and telling us the results from "lsmod" (maybe you need to use "su" first, if the command shows an error.

Also, after booting libreelec please connect using ssh and type the commands

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

and

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name *.ko
  • Please identify your wlan chip by either opening the box and reading the label or by installing a terminal software in android and telling us the results from "lsmod" (maybe you need to use "su" first, if the command shows an error.

Code

and

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system

Thank you for the very prompt response.
    I'll do it at the evening when at home.

• I installed it on nand .... sorry but with the translator I do not understand ... you have my own box and with the version 8.0.0g SD card, the remote control turns on and off the box?

Yes it works using SD Card LE.

905x box with 8.0.1h booted from microsd card the remote works, install it to nand & reboot the remote doesn't work. Tried it 2 times. Strange.

This looks like a bug during installtointernal

Pull SD Card that has LE Installed and copy the remote.conf file using your PC
    Then boot the internal LE and paste the file into configfiles folder.
    See what that does.

• Hi All,

can anyone please advise if a SD / USB install method of LibreElec will work on a M8S+ - S905X Box? Are there any guides I can follow?

Thanks.

Follow instructions in the first post of this topic and probably it will work.

• Please identify your wlan chip by either opening the box and reading the label or by installing a terminal software in android and telling us the results from "lsmod" (maybe you need to use "su" first, if the command shows an error.

Code

and

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system

LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/http://d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v02E7d9082
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=02E7:9082
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

LibreELEC:~ # mkdir -p /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # find /tmp/system -name *.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8188eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8188fu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8189fs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192es.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8192eu.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8723bs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/8812au.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/9082xs.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/audio_data.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dhd.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc3.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/dwc_otg.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mali.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7601usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mt7603usta.ko
    /tmp/system/lib/mtprealloc.ko
    LibreELEC:~ #/

Updated Android hw info picture.

• Hope someone can help. Hoping i missed a simple step or something.

I have a ABOX 2GB andoid box, successfully been booting this build (all ver even this newest one) issue free via USB. Its been FANTASTIC THANKS!

I decided to install to internal. (read a few conformations it works with my box)

all i did was use the dtb file for nand (as the main one would not see file system)

boot into SSH

installtointernal

reboot it without usb just goes BLACK SCREEN, no logos no nothing. blank

tried to re install to internal.. same thing ... tried a diff rev (c) nothing, black screen.

if i put usb back in with orig dtb or the dtb nand.. boot like a dream. 100% functional.

what am i missing? seems like its something simple? please advice.

• Hi everyone, I have a quick question for all of you... which cheap S905X box should I get?...

-SCISHION V88 PRO
    -Z69 TV Box
    -Sunvell T95X
    -Sunvell T95M
    -NEXBOX A95X - B7NTX3
    -Mini M8S II
    -MECOOL HM8
    -YUNDOO Y6

I want the most compatible with this build by kszaq...

Any suggestions?

Edited once, last by crossmxn (April 27, 2017 at 10:06 PM).