[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Cheers Kostaman. I had tried that. Also tried reinstalling the latest version with different device trees. Not unsurprisingly when I did it with an S905 device tree (which had wifi support) the device became very sluggish and my mini keyboard stopped working

i have tx3 pro with S905x and can confirm that it has wifi. running 8.0.1c

• Thanks Alexeiyo, the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb worked on my MXQ PRO 4K Quick Play version. You're right this has the 1Gbit LAN. Remote is working perfect, too!

Are you running LE from nand or SD? I'm still running from SD and want to move to nand.

Kszag, many thanks for giving us LE for these Amlogic boxes!

Edited once, last by EBAL (April 21, 2017 at 4:58 PM).

• 625baba kodi/amlogic: fix parsing extended 4K formats, e.g. 2160p60hz42010bit

Is causing white pixels to pop up all over the screen at 2160p50hz, almost like the device is dying :D .

• 625baba kodi/amlogic: fix parsing extended 4K formats, e.g. 2160p60hz42010bit

Is causing white pixels to pop up all over the screen at 2160p50hz, almost like the device is dying :D .

You may have found a solution to some else's issue... Thanks! I'll revert it for the next build and we'll see.

• Hello all.

The audio *ANALOG* goes nuts ( some sort of white noise extremely LOUD) just before the LibreElec screen comes up, and stays like that for about 14 seconds, then disappears as it is finishing loading up Kodi. I does it on both 7 and 8 releases.

Any suggestions on how to mute it?

Thanks,

Gary

PS Thanks kzaq for all your work. It is quite the daunting task to make this builds.

Edited once, last by gary9872 (April 21, 2017 at 11:51 PM).

• There are some cheap chinese wlan chips without Linux drivers.
    There are a lot of wireless drivers in the builds.

Is KII Pro box one among what you are referring to ?
    It's funny that my box is costlier than what you are using.
    I am sure your box is not produced in Europe right ?

Edited once, last by plikmuny (April 22, 2017 at 7:56 AM).

• Is KII Pro box one among what you are referring to ?
    It's funny that my box is costlier than what you are using.
    I am sure your box is not produced in Europe right ?

You missunderstood.
    The 905(x) boxes are branded with a lot of names.
    Inside this boxes You will find a lot of wireless chipsets.
    Some of this chipsets are very cheap - good for manufacturer
    No Linux drivers available - bad for custumor using LE

No, I prefer no Box or manufacturer.
    I´m using unstable 905x Box for DIY in my room
    Livingroom is running Amazon Fire TV using SPMC
    Sleepingroom is running Raspeberry PI 3 using LE

Next DIY project will be 912 Box :cool:

• Thanks Alexeiyo, the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb worked on my MXQ PRO 4K Quick Play version. You're right this has the 1Gbit LAN. Remote is working perfect, too!

Are you running LE from nand or SD? I'm still running from SD and want to move to nand.

Kszag, many thanks for giving us LE for these Amlogic boxes!

I'm running kszaq's build from internal storage, but the device has 16GB of storage.
    Speaking about your box, I didn't install elec to internal, because of 8GB. Wasn't sure if it sufficient for Kodi buffering. Kszaq may know the answer.

• Doesn't help. I think in the last few builds from Kszaq, Wireless Driver is missing.

This is not true. Wireless drivers are the same from 7.90.beta1 and for every chip other than QCA9377 they are the same from the very first Krypton build. Don't spread misinformation. You've been on this forum long enough to know that you have to provide logs and that I ignore posts without them.

• I'm running kszaq's build from internal storage, but the device has 16GB of storage.
    Speaking about your box, I didn't install elec to internal, because of 8GB. Wasn't sure if it sufficient for Kodi buffering. Kszaq may know the answer.

Unless you're running an advancedsettings.xml with zero cache enabled there's no issue. IIRC kodi caches no more than about 20MB to RAM by default, and if you adjust the videocache settings you're still caching to RAM (ie not to that 8GB) unless you're using zero cache.
    Just look in system info > storage for an idea of how much space you're using. I doubt it's anywhere near 8GB.

• I'm running LE from a 16GB SD card. I have an extensive collection (more than 400 movies, about 4500 episodes and 220 music albums).
    Currently the free storage space on the card is 11GB.

An 8GB card is more than enough for most users.

• Just upgraded to g and all appears to be working fine on my S905 so many thanks Kszaq.

However, in my excitement, I omitted to add the latest dtb to the update folder along with the main tar file. Is this likely to be an issue - all seems ok without it at the moment?

Many thanks.