[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• 8.0.1e works great except video calibration settings, every time when i reboot device settings return to the default. Has someone fix?

Yes same here for me too with 8.0.1e All else seems fine to me but I have not got a UHD TV so cannot comment on the 4K video issues. Found that if I switch to 50Hz refresh rate instead of 60 Hz then it seems to boot up with my Samsung screen remaining properly calibrated but it does not at 60Hz. ????

Edited once, last by RayW (April 11, 2017 at 1:06 PM).

• I can confirm that with the devel release multichannel PCM gets output at the correct configuration set in settings (AVR shows 7.1 input signal), but all the channels are mapped to FL and FR.
    Also this appears in kernel log:

Code
    channel count should be 8, we got 2 aborting
  • Hello good ppl :)

Recently I updated libreelec to new 8.0.1.e version and I noticed that DTS-MA and DD-THD do not work.
    In old libreelec 7 DTS-MA and DD-THD was working perfectly.
    Is it just me or HD audio passtrhough realy do not work?

I have nexbox a95x (b7n) 2/16gb

Edited once, last by Ziiky (April 11, 2017 at 2:18 PM).

Recently I updated libreelec to new 8.0.1.e version and I noticed that DTS-MA and DD-THD do not work.

Hi, Can you define "Not work!" ?

Apart from 'define not working': I just tested 'Sing' with DTS-MA and that works perfectly fine using a Pioneer AVR 831. Did sync plaback to refreshrate turn on by mistake perhaps?

Question from my side; is there a way to edit the installed files for skins? I want to change the default background picture in the Aon Skin but I cannot seem to find the folder via Samba shares to edit the bg_background.jpg file? It was easy enough to find in Android but with LibreElec; no idea...

Edited once, last by Notna (April 11, 2017 at 2:36 PM).

• Hi all
    i made the error to try and update libreelec with 8.0.1.e and i came from the old libreelec 6 (i think, it had tho old skin) i have a s905x with libreelec on nand now it stops on libreelec logo screen and dont go further, anything i can do to fix this ?? i think it saw it dident updated the bootloader when upgrading ;( if that matters !?

thanks for any help

Edited once, last by wow999 (April 11, 2017 at 2:40 PM).

• Hi, Can you define "Not work!" ?

In Sistem/audio I enable passthrough like always (pic 1) but my rec recognize only dts (pic3)
    Edit: something is not right in libreelec8. No matter witch audio type I passthrough (dd, dts, dtsma, ddthd) denon always see DD.
    In libreelec 7 everithing working perfectly. Denon recognize all those types :(

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Ziiky (April 11, 2017 at 3:18 PM).

• In Sistem/audio I enable passthrough like always (pic 1) but my rec recognize only dts (pic3)
    Edit: something is not right in libreelec8. No matter witch audio type I passthrough (dd, dts, dtsma, ddthd) denon always see DD.
    In libreelec 7 everithing working perfectly. Denon recognize all those types :(

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Are you sure you don't have "Sync playback to display" Enabled?
    [hr]

Apart from 'define not working': I just tested 'Sing' with DTS-MA and that works perfectly fine using a Pioneer AVR 831. Did sync plaback to refreshrate turn on by mistake perhaps?

Question from my side; is there a way to edit the installed files for skins? I want to change the default background picture in the Aon Skin but I cannot seem to find the folder via Samba shares to edit the bg_background.jpg file? It was easy enough to find in Android but with LibreElec; no idea...

Connect with a SSH terminal, user:root pw:libreelec
    folder: /storage/.kodi/addons/
    ;)

Edited once, last by 2re (April 11, 2017 at 3:44 PM).

• gamicoulas, I have had exactly the same problem as you crop up on one of my test boxes (a Sumvision Cyclone 4+). Suddenly, the only resolutions available are 1080p60 and 720p60, both in Libreelec and Android. Reflashing the Android firmware has made no difference, but like you, using the disp_cap hack and all works ok in Libreelec (but I'm not seeing any flickering).

Interestingly, in the output for DMESG, I see this:

Code
    [    2.000691@0] hdmitx: system: [edid_rx_data] err = -6
    [    2.000718@0] hdmitx: edid: 80 errors between two reading
    [    2.005444@0] hdmitx: edid: check sum invalid
    [    2.009757@0] hdmitx: edid: blk0 raw data
    [    2.013756@0] a0fc7e27c0ffffffd0635501c0ffffff08000010000000009088c301c0ffffff
    [    2.013756@0] 00fd7e27c0ffffff58137b01c0ffffffd00fcc01c0ffffff0080bd01c0ffffff
    [    2.013756@0] 0020b701c0ffffffd412cc01c0ffffff8083fa35c0ffffff2000000000000000
    [    2.013756@0] 000000000000000000c07e27c0ffffff8083fa35c0ffffff0000000000000000

"check sum invalid" means the data coming in over HDMI is somehow corrupt but I have tried different cables and connect to different TVs but get the same thing. I do use this as a test box and it gets plugged in/unplugged more often than normal, but this is an odd fault if it is a physical thing, as all other aspects of the hdmi connection are fine.

I was going to put it down to a hardware problem but now that you have reported it, I'm not so sure. I have had a quick look at the uboot variables with fw_printenv and compared them to another S905 box I have, but there are a lot of them and nothing obvious jumps out. I don't want to start changing any in case I brick it. Does anyone know a way of completely resetting the variables back to factory defaults? Does flashing android firmware do that?

Mine gives zeros for edid

Code
    [ 1.739550@0] hdmitx: edid: raw data are all zeroes
    [ 1.739553@0] EDID Parser:
    [ 1.751161@1] secmon: probe done
    [ 1.752522@0] EDID BlockCount=0
    [ 1.752523@0] hdmitx: edid: HDMI: set default vic
    [ 1.752525@0] hdmitx: edid: edid blk0 checksum:0 ext_flag:0
    [ 1.752548@0] [RX]-receive ksv list len:1,depth:1,cas:0,dev:0
    [ 1.752555@0] hdmitx: video: get current mode: 1080p60hz
    [ 1.752557@0] hdmitx: update rx hdr info 0
    [ 1.752575@0] hdmitx: system: [set_disp_mode_auto] ALREADY init VIC = 16

I can't say what's happening for sure, but the fact that the flickering only happens on the latest versions and not on the 7.0.3 ones, can point to some software issue that's affecting our hardware more than others. Also, during my fiddling this morning I noticed that when synced at 24hz flickering does not occur. At 50 is more likely than 60, and sometimes it can go away. This happens randomly if you had a lucky switch on the refresh rate and it keeps it nicely until a later refresh change where you risk losing it again. That makes the auto adjustment setting a trigger for good or worse. Could it be that I'm using a delay for the refresh change? :s

However, for the missing refresh rates problem I'm at loss cause I've reflashed android to no avail and anyway I was under the impression that booting LE from the SD card shouldn't affect what happens with android on nand. Is there a more complete flashing procedure if we use a PC instead of the recovery hole and an sdcard?

Now I've seen other people saying about heat issues and it's true that with the latest builds my box from hardly hitting 43C has reached 49C just after playing around with the settings lately. Another point that might have stressed components to failure... :dodgy:

• Now I've seen other people saying about heat issues and it's true that with the latest builds my box from hardly hitting 43C has reached 49C just after playing around with the settings lately. Another point that might have stressed components to failure... :dodgy:

These temps are completely normal and should be no problem at all.

Have you tried the "toothpick method"? I don't know exactly what it does, but it should, to some extent, reinitialize the bootloader.

Edited once, last by kubrickdave (April 11, 2017 at 4:33 PM).

• Hey guys, having time off but still have Tapatalk. [emoji56]

Please observe if there are any audio issues in the dev build compared to 8.0.1e. I haven't posted any changelog but there is a fix for better fractional frame rates support and a change in audio handling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi kszaq!
    First: Thank you for your work, but relax and enjoy your vacation :)

There are my test results with S905 1GB 1Gbit (as you can read on my signature):
    1. Version 8.0.1e seems to have some issues with 29,970 (30) fps videos. This videos play very jerky and sometime after few minutes of playing are going to freeze. Mostly on BD rips (*.m2ts files). Interesting is, LE recognizes this files as 59,940 fps (info on key "O") ... TV is correctly switched to 60 Hz, but playing is jerky.
    Files 23,976 (24) fps and 25 fps play ok.
    The same files with version c, d play, seems, smoothly. But LE recognizes this files as 59,940 fps too ... Interesting ...

2. Develop version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170409011740-r25791-g1fb98dc.tar
    There are the same issues as above.
    But very good message, 44,1 kHz audio files plays correctly with sample rate 44.1 kHz (bit perfect without up-sampling to 48 kHz). The same for files with 48 kHz - plays as 48 kHz, 96kHz as 96kHz. Super! Thanks a lot!

• I have the TICTID M9C Max box with 2G/16G. I know its a s905x chip, but when trying to install libreelec via toothpick method - it does not work as there is no hole to reset it.

Does anyone have dummies instructions for me to install this..really want to get this working and apologies for such newbie questions...

• I have the TICTID M9C Max box with 2G/16G. I know its a s905x chip, but when trying to install libreelec via toothpick method - it does not work as there is no hole to reset it.

Does anyone have dummies instructions for me to install this..really want to get this working and apologies for such newbie questions...

Refer to

thread-5556.html

Had a few of those. The hole is in the audio port. Insert an insulated paper clip or toothpick into the audio port. Make sure you go in straight and you will hit the button. Apply pressure and you will feel it click.