[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• kszaq, is there an easy way to enable the Suspend feature through the autostart.sh?

I saw you disabled the Suspend recently and I understand the reason why you did that. But for me, the Suspend (via CEC) works perfectly and I need it since my box has a bright power light, it bothers me while I'm sleeping in the bedroom after turn off the TV but the box no longer goes to 'Sleep'.

I know I can change the CEC settings to let the box to 'Shutdown' and it did. The problem is the startup takes longer time, and TV no longer turns on during the box startup.

Seems I couldn't find a way to edit the configure file /usr/lib/systemd/sleep.conf.d/sleep.conf.

Thanks.

It should be working without suspend.
    CEC( LG Sslimplink) works me too, and I am able to control my KII Pro by simplink(cec) on LG remote control
    When I turned on my box then LG TV turned automatically on and switched to the input source of my box,
    When I turned off LG TV then my box turned automatically off ,too.

• Hi everyone. I got the sunvell t95x (2g/8g version) and I tried to install Libreelec (I am new to this so I hope I did nothing wrong), but I cannot seem to find any wifi networks. When I go to settings-->Libreelec, there is nothing next to the connection tab.
    I tried both gxl_p212_2g.dtb and gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb
    but none of them changed anything.
    Can someone help me?
    I cannot boot to android as I changed the bootvideo and a line in the build.prop file in the folder system/etc and since then I just get a yellow flickering screen when it tries to boot to android, so Libreelec is my final solution before sending sunvell t95x to the garbage .

• Hi everyone. I got the sunvell t95x (2g/8g version) and I tried to install Libreelec (I am new to this so I hope I did nothing wrong), but I cannot seem to find any wifi networks. When I go to settings-->Libreelec, there is nothing next to the connection tab.
    Can someone help me?
    I cannot boot to android as I changed the bootvideo and a line in the build.prop file in the folder system/etc and since then I just get a yellow flickering screen when it tries to boot to android, so Libreelec is my final solution before sending sunvell t95x to the garbage .

If for some reason the internal WiFi isn't supported - rather than bin the box, a cheap external WiFi dongle that IS supported would be a way out...

• s2117
    I had this to do you have a backup of build prop Android first rule make a backup you should know how your box called then you can recover it.
    I changed build prop to install another Rom device Name should it be

Can someone help me?

Sunvell T95X Amlogic S905X Android TV Box - 2GB + 8GB - FreakTab.com

might help you get android back

try this link instead

[Firmware] T95X AMLOGIC S905X 4K KODI 16.1 PREINSTALED ANDROID 6.0 TV BOX FIRMWARE 20160921 - FreakTab.com

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (March 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM).

Can someone help me?

I have the same box!! For me it works with the gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb!!

• Amlogic Nougat kernel code is now public so I tried to use it for my LE builds but unfortunately it had some ugly bugs and you'd had to update your device trees so I though I can try porting the most important changes to our current kernel.

A result of this is a new build with Frankenstein kernel to test in OP: 8.0.1b. Please report any regressions in video playback that you observe (known bugs are known!). It's always safe to "update" to 8.0.1a if 8.0.1b does not work well for you, you won't loose your data.

• Yeah, it worked for me as well, but the difference is it doesn't shut down at all no matter what I set so it would be useful for me to know how to bring it back.

the only way to have suspend function back is to revert this commit:

f855c2a ("Revert "projects/S905: configure systemd to disallow suspend and hibernation"", 2017-03-16)

here's 8.0.1a with "no suspend/hyb reverted" :

MEGA

Edited once, last by stormrev (March 27, 2017 at 10:48 PM).

• Thanks, as always!

BTW: Was anything changed with black levels? I seem to have a slightly darker picture (actually looks better than before). Or is this because of the YCbCr instead of RGB mode?

• It's still 3.14.29.

Kernel 4.9 is not fully functional and when ready will probably need to have hw decoding in Kodi reworked (again).

mmpp It looks like Amlogic fixed something in HDR/black level handling.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 27, 2017 at 10:27 PM).

• Hi, 8.0.1b test:
    I have problem with some H264 videos.
    For example favorite test video "Samsung.Demo.Oceanic.Life.x264.1080p.40Mbps.mkv" or some my camera files (Mvi_2930.mkv,...) ...
    8.0.1a version both plays perfectly, but on 8.0.1b files are unplayable :(
    You can download and test here:
    Samsung.Demo.Oceanic.Life.x264.1080p.40Mbps.mkv - Google Drive
    Mvi_2930.mkv - Google Drive

Thank you for your perfect work!

Edited once, last by Whitesak (March 27, 2017 at 11:00 PM).

• Hallelujah!!! Brightness and Contrast are working properly for the first time ever on my s905x box. You can actually lower the brightness below 50 now without the weird inverted picture. I have seen several others reporting the same thing recently. Major, major improvement in picture quality. I'm gonna have to reset the TV controls back to sane settings now.