[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• ok I have been reading trying to understand how to install and I have seen ssh way is there no way to just flash it like you do when installing the android firmware. I got so lost on the ssh process. and yes I have usb tools but none of the firmware I have will work. now the usb drive has firmware that works can I not create a img with that. idk I feel so lost installing this on internal memory

Create a bootable USB/sdcard with the LibreElec tool provided on this site. Power cycle your device holding the reset button, and the script runs from the card...Installs on the card, and always loads after that.

SSH not needed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Create a bootable USB/sdcard with the LibreElec tool provided on this site. Power cycle your device holding the reset button, and the script runs from the card...Installs on the card, and always loads after that.

SSH not needed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

id like it installed on the box I already have it installed on a usb stick but can only run with usb

• id like it installed on the box I already have it installed on a usb stick but can only run with usb

if you read the first post it clearly explains on how to flash internally. You just have to shh into the box when you have LE booting from usb/sd and then type in installtointernal.

• if you read the first post it clearly explains on how to flash internally. You just have to shh into the box when you have LE booting from usb/sd and then type in installtointernal.

I followed the directions but when it askes me for password I cannot type anything in the screen I am trying to use putty to connect.

Edited once, last by beeasy79 (March 26, 2017 at 6:15 AM).

• it doesnt show the password on the screen, just enter libreelec and press enter.

it lets me type the username but wont let me type the password the coursor doesnot move and when I press enter it says denied
    [hr]

if you read the first post it clearly explains on how to flash internally. You just have to shh into the box when you have LE booting from usb/sd and then type in installtointernal.

I must of kept typing wrong cuse this time it worked

Edited once, last by beeasy79 (March 26, 2017 at 7:11 AM).

• S905X is (currently) limited to 96kHz due to on-chip DAC, S905 can output up to 192kHz.

I would like to ask you to help to understand my experiences.
    My S905X player (M8S II) behave like this:
    If I play (as music) the 5.1 24bit 192 kHz flac file then my AVR says 96 kHz Multi-channel PCM.
    If I play (as video) the mkv contains 5.1 24 bit 192 kHz DTS HD MA audio track then my AVR says 192 kHz DTS HD MA.
    So the limit seems apply only to the LPCM and not for DTS HD MA.
    Could you help me interpret this result? Is this really a hardware limit? If it is then how the DTS HD MA can deliver 192 kHz to my AVR?
    Thank you for your answer.
    The sample files downloadable from here: DTS-HDMA 24-192kHz 5.1 test (45sec).7z - Google Drive
    (On the S912 both plays as 192 kHz)

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 26, 2017 at 10:30 AM).

• You understood it right.
    The DTS-HD MA data is "bitstreamed" to your avr without any processing by kodi. If the hardware allows for the data format, it will work. From your 5.1 flac file, multichannel PCM data needs to be created by kodi and sent through hdmi by the kodi using the kernel driver. This mode is limited to 96kHz on S905X.

• When the device is decompressing the audio, it is limited to 96khz (as kszaq suggests) due to restrictions in the onboard DAC. When you passthrough the DTS-MA track, the device does not touch the original bitstream and your amplifier decodes the audio at the full 192khz.

• You understood it right.
    The DTS-HD MA data is "bitstreamed" to your avr without any processing by kodi. If the hardware allows for the data format, it will work. From your 5.1 flac file, multichannel PCM data needs to be created by kodi and sent through hdmi by the kodi using the kernel driver. This mode is limited to 96kHz on S905X.

So, is it a sofware limit?

• When the device is decompressing the audio, it is limited to 96khz (as kszaq suggests) due to restrictions in the onboard DAC. When you passthrough the DTS-MA track, the device does not touch the original bitstream and your amplifier decodes the audio at the full 192khz.

Maybe I get it wrong but how the DAC (Digital-Analog Converter) involved in this process?

• I just install ver. 8.0.1 on my wetek hub and after reboot i got a message:

Filesystem corruption has been detected!
    To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,
    press any key or power off your system within the next 120 second.

What do I do?

• I just install ver. 8.0.1 on my wetek hub and after reboot i got a message:

Filesystem corruption has been detected!
    To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,
    press any key or power off your system within the next 120 second.

What do I do?

1- Boot from SD Card
    2- Do installtointernal and reboot
    3- Reboot from Kodi on SD Card a second time
    4- Do installtointernal a second time
    5- Reboot device from Kodi again and remove SD Card before the reboot

The first time some files are not copied to the box and I don't know why.

• Installed on SD card.

1- Boot from SD Card
    2- Do installtointernal and reboot
    3- Reboot from Kodi on SD Card a second time
    4- Do installtointernal a second time
    5- Reboot device from Kodi again and remove SD Card before the reboot

The first time some files are not copied to the box and I don't know why.

It will delete the android system.
    He stated to install to SD card not to nand.

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 26, 2017 at 12:16 PM).