[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I've read the Q&A and found:
    Q: A few seconds are missing at the beginning of the video.
    A: Enable Expert settings, go to Settings > Video > Playback and set "Pause during refresh rate change" to the amount that is missing

But I can't see this option (not even on expert).
    It looks I have a delay of 5/6 seconds. Also when I close a video. Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

• I'm still with issue about Disk menu in Estuary.

Tried fresh installation on Mini M8S, with actual dtb.img - I see Disk menu in Estuary, which should not be there, because we don't have optical drives.
    Anyone also have it?

• I've read the Q&A and found:
    Q: A few seconds are missing at the beginning of the video.
    A: Enable Expert settings, go to Settings > Video > Playback and set "Pause during refresh rate change" to the amount that is missing

But I can't see this option (not even on expert).
    It looks I have a delay of 5/6 seconds. Also when I close a video. Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

System > Display > "Delay after change of refresh rate"

• Hi,
    I have error build from source code:

# PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image

Building Amlogic DeviceTreeBlobs and injecting them to kernel...
    DTB combiner:
    Input directory: 'arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/'
    Output file: 'arch/arm64/boot/dtb.img'
    => Found 0 unique DTB(s)
    error: could not load secondstage 'arch/arm64/boot/dtb.img'
    make: *** [image] Error 1

Host system Centos 7, uboot-tools-2016.05-3.fc24, dtc-1.4.4-1.fc27

What is the problem ? How to solve it?

• I haven't been able to use any update since e. Every version of 8 I've used has had stuttering/buffering issues. I've been able to make e work with a change to buffer stuff in advancedsettings (I think that's what is fixing it). But everyone since has not been fixed by this. I've tried and then gone back each time since e.

Any of my bluray rips or 4k movies have this issue. Slightly smaller 1080 movies or anything smaller have no problems, but every time I reinstall nothing larger will play with out buffering/ stuttering. Only by going back to e seems to fix it. Once I do, bluray rips and 4k play perfectly.

Anyone else? Any tips?

• Maybe you pressed "F8" key on bluetooth keyboard, it turns eveything to mute... happened to me once and couldn't find the solution at first !
    Marc

Thanks I will take a look at that (ps movie sounds are still coming in).
    [hr]

Thanks I will take a look at that (ps movie sounds are still coming in).

F8 mutes everything ;-), not only the menu. So still looking for a solution.

Edited once, last by r2d3 (March 22, 2017 at 12:10 PM).

• Just wanted to say thanks, your build works great for me on my Nexbox A95X. I even tried a 2160p HEVC image with HDR and although you say it's experimental/not supported my TV plays this movie just fine - even with HDR detected!

I sometimes have a problem with HDMI CEC not working but that might be down to my AVR not correctly handshaking between my box and my TV.

• I haven't been able to use any update since e. Every version of 8 I've used has had stuttering/buffering issues. I've been able to make e work with a change to buffer stuff in advancedsettings (I think that's what is fixing it). But everyone since has not been fixed by this. I've tried and then gone back each time since e.

Any of my bluray rips or 4k movies have this issue. Slightly smaller 1080 movies or anything smaller have no problems, but every time I reinstall nothing larger will play with out buffering/ stuttering. Only by going back to e seems to fix it. Once I do, bluray rips and 4k play perfectly.

Anyone else? Any tips?

I have no troubles whatsoever on a S905X with 100MBit and a S905 with GigE. 4k content are live dvb-s2 streams, other content is high-bitrate mkv files from a samba server.

Please tell us more about your setup. What box are you using, where are your files stored? What network do you use? Is there a sample file that repeatedly triggers the buffering that you could provide?

Also, I can recommend to "start fresh" with a new install on a spare sdcard without any changes to configuration, to rule out any issues with your settings.

• Thanks for replying. All my network is 1gigE and it all works great. Whole house is wired. NAS holds all of my content. It has a gig connection. Have many other types of htpc around the house and all can play bluray rips and 4k fine. It's not the network or nas.

When it's working, even the stock 100mbs port will play any bluray rip or 4k movie I have. They are just h264 bluray rips I've been making the same way forever. And every single one does the exact same thing. Don't have a sample file, could try and make one later.

My box is a 8/1 s905x. It says abox on the top. I've tried USB 1gbE adapters with the same results. Not the cable, other devices play same files fine through the same cord.

As far as a fresh install goes, maybe that's were I am messing up? I've just been flashing a card, rename and move the dtb file, boot to it and then ssh and run installtointernal. Is there a better way to do this?

• Also back to 8.0.0e for me as well. The smallest delay (such as 1.5 sec for mythtv ringbuffer to switch over on livetv) causes VideoPlayer to freezeup and become unresponsive. Previous versions would sometimes go black for a second, but would continue playing normally.

It's a shame because on my s905x box f & g felt very, very snappy especially the gui.

Looking forward to the next version with the prebuffer patches removed.

• Is there any difference between the img.gz builds you publish and the output of make image? For some reason when I put the image I build on an SD card it only boots to a black screen. I can see the initial boot and the creation of the storage partition, but then only black after that. But the images you're distributing work fine.