[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I use the folowing;

echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/max_freq
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/min_freq
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Full sped all the time;)

Thanks Dude, it works ! ;)

I probably missed something :angel:

• Dose anyone else have problems with multi channel PCM???

Disabling passthrough or playing multi channel AAC/FLAC i get distortion and/or random noise. Especially with 7.1.
    Skipping back/forth sometimes fixes the problem, but it will also cause the problem.

-2re

Disabling passthrough or playing multi channel AAC/FLAC i get distortion and/or random noise. Especially with 7.1.
    Skipping back/forth sometimes fixes the problem, but it will also cause the problem.

-2re

any link to sample file to test?

-2re

I've had no issues with multi-channel PCM FLAC files (providing the sample rate is not > 96kHz) apart from some minor occasional low volume clicks in the rear speakers when playing 3.0 or 5.0 files in some of the older builds. I don't think I've had any clicks in the past few builds at all. I don't have any AAC files.

• I've tried a bunch of 7.1 files, and if they play ok, then by skipping chapters a couple of times the problem starts. So my guess is that i will happen with any PCM/ACC 7.1. If I disable passthrough it also happens with DTS-HD MA 7.1
    -2re

• Is it that hard to read the quoted post? post-38536.html#pid38536
    [hr]

Nobody has ever posted a log as requested many times = issue is ignored. I would really like to resolve issues but I can't ask for logs every single time. I created single sticky post to be clearly visible. I ask to read it in OP. And yet everyone ignores it.

You're right Kzsaq, my bad.
    I did make a new topic about the 'bug' as required - thread-6085.html

Edited once, last by happysat (March 8, 2017 at 4:31 PM).

• Hi, is this "fix" reversible to go back to 60Hz? How? Thanks

Sorry if I submit the question again: what does tihs command do? Does it fix the frequency to 50Hz forever or I can still change it by kodi settings menu?
    Thank you for reply

Edit: I found the answer. Thanks anyway :)

Edited once, last by zoltan (March 8, 2017 at 5:10 PM).

• Sorry if I submit the question again: what does tihs command do? Does it fix the frequency to 50Hz forever or I can still change it by kodi settings menu?
    Thank you for reply

This just sets the initial frame rate to 50Hz. Kodi can override this when playing back videos with different frame rates providing you have set the option.
    If you want the boot up frame rate to go back to 60Hz just run the fw_setenv commands with 60 instead of 50.

• Hi, I use this serie of builds and now specially the 8.0d one on my Nexbox A95X S905X (2G + 16G) box. Not Nand installed so it runs from SD. I don't no if it's an issue, but the bluetooth interface is always disable with these builds and I cannot find a way to enable it if possible. Can someone helps or clarifies on that.

TIA

I have the same box and I use Bluetooth. You just have to enable the Bluetooth service through the libreelec settings addon (under the services tab I believe).

• Is there a way to deliberately make Libreelec operate the CPU at a lower than the maximum clock rate. I am asking because my TV box appears to be overheating. Idle is at about 73 degrees Centigrade and in use it will go towards 90 degrees. Sometimes playback will freeze and upon an immediate reboot the System information will sometimes show that only one or two CPU cores are operating. As temperatures creep up beyond about 85 degrees it also appears from system information that the CPU is 'shedding' cores to manage heat and eventually ends up with only one core left. I know that the coolers on these cheap TV boxes are often very flimsy and small and my box (Scishion V88 pro) is no exception to this. Also the S905X was probably not produced with the most cutting edge litographic process and advertised clock rates are higher than what the chipset can reliably sustain without active cooling. As the CPU utilization in IP TV applications rarely ever ventures into double digit percentage figures, the most efficient solution for me would be if I could reduce the max clock rate to say 1 GHZ and have an overall cooler and more reliable system. User of the Odroid appear to have found a possible solution. How would I implement this for the S905X ?

thread-5567-post-37066.html?highlight=temperature#pid37066

• You're right Kzsaq, my bad.
    I did make a new topic about the 'bug' as required - thread-6085.html

Thank you. I'll see what I can do. I will post a new build today but don't expect a fix yet. ;)
    [hr]

Is there a way to deliberately make Libreelec operate the CPU at a lower than the maximum clock rate.

First you need to check available frequencies for the CPU:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
    100000 250000 500000 1000000 1296000 1536000 1752000 2016000

Please note that anything higher than 1536000 doesn't make sense: Amlogic S905, S905X, and S912 Processors Appear to be Limited to 1.5 GHz, not 2 GHz as Advertised

Then you need to set the frequency you want, e.g. for 1GHz:

Code
    echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

You need to do this only for cpu0, all other cores will have the same frequency set - our CPU cannot operate cores at different frequencies.
    [hr]
    8.0.0e uploaded with some minor changes.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 8, 2017 at 9:53 PM).

• @ kszaq

Thank you. That seems to work.The available frequencies on the Scishion V88 Pro are exactly the same as in your example. As I lower the frequencies, the overall CPU utilization goes up. Just as expected. Astonishing that streaming will still sort of work even when the CPU is throttled down to just 100 MHz. At first sight the effect on CPU temperatures appears less dramatic - a couple of degrees, if any.

How would I make the setting apply automatically with each boot ?

Edited once, last by netbuild (March 8, 2017 at 10:06 PM).